Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Video of a little JB4 Map 7 pull..

Here is a quick video I took yesterday w/ my phone so quality is not great. JB4 Map 7 RB turbos 16.5psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks pretty healthy to me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    looks pretty healthy to me
    Ya it seems to be running ok, some hiccups here and there and a slightly rough idle. I think cleaning my intake valves would help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It looks like 18 psi tapering to 15 according to your gauge... You overboosting a bit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    Ya it seems to be running ok, some hiccups here and there and a slightly rough idle. I think cleaning my intake valves would help.
    Did you not have Procede originally?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did have Procede its been about a year though since I have ran it. And for some reason my fuel boost gauge keeps going off I calibrate it and it works for a little while then eventually just starts reading 20psi no matter what. But logs show 16.5psi normal map 7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Your car is strong man, that thing pulls hard. is this 93 with meth? Have you seafoamed your car? That really helps with the valves on a direct injection forced induction car. Here is a video of my car when I did it at 30 k miles. After the video I drove it hard as $#@! for about 15 minutes, got an oil change right after. That $#@! was like tar black and kinda think/chunky. I put a third through the intake manifold slowly, then shut the car off. Add a third directly to your engine oil. The last third goes into your gas tank(make sure you're kinda on empty so it gets cleaned out with your 15 minute spirited drive). Keep the car off for 10 minutes for everything to sit and do it's magic. Drive the car hard and finish with the oil change. (sorry for being repetitive)

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes 93 and meth, I was thinking about seafoam but I have heard that a full on pull the head and scrub or blast the buildup is best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    Yes 93 and meth, I was thinking about seafoam but I have heard that a full on pull the head and scrub or blast the buildup is best.
    The valve cleaning will make a night and day difference, I would definitely recommend getting it done. I picked up 3mph at the track after cleaning. I couldn't believe it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    The valve cleaning will make a night and day difference, I would definitely recommend getting it done. I picked up 3mph at the track after cleaning. I couldn't believe it.
    Did you DIY it? don't want the dealership to screw something up. Sometimes I get the feeling they have no idea what they're talking about Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Personally, I've cleaned valves twice and its pretty gunky after 5000km, almost fully gunked by 10000km, minus meth. Running meth keeps it reasonably clean where the outcome can negate the work required every 10000km.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Did you DIY it? don't want the dealership to screw something up. Sometimes I get the feeling they have no idea what they're talking about Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I did. It's not a bad process, just time consuming if you want it perfect like I do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The time consuming part is what scares me since It's my only car. I need to give this more thought...
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BoostAddict , did you change the profile gaskets when you cleaned your valves?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nope, I reused the old ones. They still looked fresh on mine. Car had 48k miles on it at the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Nope, I reused the old ones. They still looked fresh on mine. Car had 48k miles on it at the time.
    I'm ordering the two oil filter housing gaskets, and the profile gaskets are just 20$... I think i'll order a set.
    Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks to me like the JB4 and RB's like each other quite a bit...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looks to me like the JB4 and N54 like each other quite a bit...
    Agree, and have a correction.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.