318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Obama outlaws Freedom of Protest

Discuss

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What's to discuss... THey will silence us if we... Wait, why are the SS knocking on my door...

In all seriousness, I didn't sign my contract for this $#@!. I haven't served for 14 years for $#@! like this to happen..... THIS isn't the America I was proud to defend against all enemies, Foreign and DOMESTIC... Maybe the Foreigners aren't really the enemy we need to be fighting, we need to fight the ones destroying our country from the inside out...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i concur

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dec 21st 2012 won't be apocalyptic, no I think it represents the collapse of the next 'roman' empire, meaning America... Our government is enacting laws that the British did to our Forefathers... WE all know how that ended... The government does have the best interest of the people in mind anymore, it's Taxation without Representation. We all know how that ended... What's worse is that the military (all branches) will be used to quell any and all revolutionary attempts, and it will end up be being brother against battle brother, those who defend the constitution, and those who are defending their paycheck...

I talk to much...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

Same company discussing their market

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110503/163835166.html

required reading for anyone who loves our Constitution.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c107vcPEqG::

don't have an agenda - just was curious where the information was coming from and the possible implications of its source. The last one is for anybody who assumes our Constitutional rights are 1) absolute and 2) are solely protected from one side of the political spectrum.
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    C'mon man, he didn't outlaw protest. Congress made it illegal to protest around a person under secret service protection. No where near the same.

I don't agree with it, but congress passed it first, and outlaw is a bit of an exaggeration.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its a slippery slope my friend. and national events are public domains, protesting is our right under the constitution. to deny us that limits right to show our support or lack of. soon it will only be allowed in and constricted to only on our own private property, and even then not online as thats not private property ect..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So pretty much you can't get together anymore for a peaceful protest at the nations capital to get your governments attention. Nice. The next time somebody heckles the president of this country will now get a criminal record so it wont just be harmless fun and a funny youtube video anymore.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! this i am packing my $#@! and going back to Russia.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    What's to discuss... THey will silence us if we... Wait, why are the SS knocking on my door...

In all seriousness, I didn't sign my contract for this $#@!. I haven't served for 14 years for $#@! like this to happen..... THIS isn't the America I was proud to defend against all enemies, Foreign and DOMESTIC... Maybe the Foreigners aren't really the enemy we need to be fighting, we need to fight the ones destroying our country from the inside out...
    Rep for you very good attitude my friend.

And thank you for your serviceClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    $#@! this i am packing my $#@! and going back to Russia.
    I still love my country, but I don't love what those in power are doing to it... Really makes me want to run for office, but at the same time, I see what the media and politicians to do a person like Dr. Paul, and I realize that even if I have good intentions there are too many bad people that will make my intentions worthless..

I'm running for president in 2024... NO party affiliation, just the Constitution as my Law... LOL... I know people in my unit who said they would back me up and help me run... The military candidate for the people... Click here to enlarge I don't have a chance...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol the crazies always come out during an election year. Oh and go back to Russia for that is surely a beacon of freedom lolololll some people man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    C'mon man, he didn't outlaw protest. Congress made it illegal to protest around a person under secret service protection. No where near the same.

I don't agree with it, but congress passed it first, and outlaw is a bit of an exaggeration.
    It seems pretty similar to me. Let's keep in mind that this is exactly the type of speech we need to provide protection for. This is political speech addressed to the people making nationwide policy. We should encourage more speech in this arena, not less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    It seems pretty similar to me. Let's keep in mind that this is exactly the type of speech we need to provide protection for. This is political speech addressed to the people making nationwide policy. We should encourage more speech in this arena, not less.
    I am not disagreeing with that at all. 100% with you. I was just saying LM exaggerated quite a bit and that I am tired of everyone blaming everything on the president. Congress made and passed the bill.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its a slippery slope my friend. and national events are public domains, protesting is our right under the constitution. to deny us that limits right to show our support or lack of. soon it will only be allowed in and constricted to only on our own private property, and even then not online as thats not private property ect..
    Completely agree. See above post. ^^^
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    I am not disagreeing with that at all. 100% with you. I was just saying LM exaggerated quite a bit and that I am tired of everyone blaming everything on the president. Congress made and passed the bill.
    Point taken. What pisses me off is that these bogus, BS bills that help congress are the only ones that get bipartisan support. That being said, I would have veto'd the bill.

I assume this bill was passed somewhat in response to the Giffords shooting. As I always say, bad situations make bad laws.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    Point taken. What pisses me off is that these bogus, BS bills that help congress are the only ones that get bipartisan support. That being said, I would have veto'd the bill.

I assume this bill was passed somewhat in response to the Giffords shooting. As I always say, bad situations make bad laws.
    My first thought as well, however there was more to it - I live in the DC metro area and what was being debated was the right of the protesters to gather v. the right of the public to have access to and use of public lands. Short version, when the "occupy movement" set up camp on Federal property, they deprived the rights of the citizens who were not a part of the movement to have access and use of the those public lands. I'm curious to see if this bill is "citizens are not allowed to protest" or if it's "new rules are put into place to balance the rights of protesters on Federal land v right on non protesters to use the land". . .

My former poly sci professor use to say "Laws are only necessary when societal norms fail". . .
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that's the case then this law is painting with an awfully large brush. Why not just require protesters to make a 6 foot wide path to allow access to the building?

Your teacher makes a good point. The big question is who decides when societal norms aren't working or are broken or wrong? I suppose the answer to that question is what most of the bickering in politics is about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately, I haven't read the bill yet so I don't know if that's the case (actually plan to do it this weekend to find out exactly what it says rather than getting bullet points - I'm also curious as to which bill it was attached to as if it was a stand alone it would have gained ALOT more attention). It wasn't an issue of gathering around a Federal building in this case but rather occupation of a park/square in the middle of downtown DC - I saw it in person and there was no doubt they were exercising their rights. . .while infringing upon others rights. I agree that any curtailment of our citizens right to protest is not a good thing but I find I have too many unanswered questions before I can jump in intelligently with a position. On the surface, I would definitely say "$#@! this $#@!" but I've been in DC too long, and nothing is usually as black and white as it seems on the surface. . .
    Click here to enlarge

George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, anyway to turn off the "can't edit after 10 mins" feature, or at least set it up that if your start to edit within a certain time, that in the course of typing and going over, you can still post what your were adding? I was just trying to answer the societal norms question and lost everything I wrote (started before the ten minutes but in the course of typing went over and it wouldn't let me post and erased everything I added).
    Click here to enlarge

George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Video embedded.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, anyway to turn off the "can't edit after 10 mins" feature, or at least set it up that if your start to edit within a certain time, that in the course of typing and going over, you can still post what your were adding? I was just trying to answer the societal norms question and lost everything I wrote (started before the ten minutes but in the course of typing went over and it wouldn't let me post and erased everything I added).
    Best I can do is offer you editing up to a month as a subscription feature once we cross 10k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    required reading for anyone who loves our Constitution.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c107vcPEqG::
    Bad link? Don't see anything to read there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Bad link? Don't see anything to read there.
    Sorry about that, looks like it timed out - it was a link to the text of the Patriot Act. . .
    Click here to enlarge

George Carlin