Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

135i With Stett Charge Pipe and Tial BOV

Just put this on today, here is a quick video I made to show you what it sounds like. Ran into a few problems during the install, but hopefully will have everything figured out soon.

Click here to enlarge
    National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

What were the problems you ran into?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First couple of runs the charge pipe blew off on the intercooler side. Took everything out and tightened the hell out of all of the clamps. One of the T Bolt clamps broke as I was tightening it and ended up losing the nut underneath my engine bay. Unfortunately I don't have jacks at my current location and was unable to lift the car up to get them. Therefore, I ended up using a hose clamp to replace it.

Next attempt, everything works great and can hold boost on Map 5 just fine and the blow off valve seems to be working. However, the TMAP sensor came off and gave me the half engine light. I broke my tmap sensor when I unplugged it for the very first time for my old jb+. It usually holds itself in place, but the positioning of my charge pipe really pulls on the sensor so it keeps falling out (if the clip wasn't broken I am sure it wouldn't be a problem). Right now I have it taped with electrical tape and zip tied until I find some time to take everything apart again to rotate the pipe.

I'm supposed to make a dealership visit in roughly 2,000 miles so I may just leave it this way until then when I have to take everything out anyways.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Im a fan of the Stett CP and i really love the way the Tial BOV sounds!

I am surprised that the CP came off on the IC side, did you tighten it well the first time? I havent heard of anyones popping off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It just didn't fit right the first time I attempted the install. After fiddling around a few times the charge pipe is sitting on there much more securely. Hitting 15psi on Map5 with the JB3 and no indications of the pipe blowing off now Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge