Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Show me.
    The video description.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    One of the best features of the forum I would say.
    Wait, how do you do that? For multi quoting someone's post what i do is copy pasting parts and then manually quoting.

I posted a CLS63 and F10M5 comparison not too long ago where both cars were said to go into limp mode on the first lap.
    I've never seen a test between these two cars except the latest issue of Car Magazine, didn't mention anything about limp mode.

So it's a great motor when it isn't being hampered by software? No kidding. But you just said it has no torque. Inconsistency? Of course a low horsepower mode won't feel good, uh, it's because it is being artificially limited.
    I said it has no torque in lower RPM's which is right IN CITY DRIVING even in M Sport. I know what i'm saying cuz i'm the one who drive in city with not just one S85 but two.

And? Since when is an M car about torque down low? What, now the best cars are ones with positive displacement superchargers because their torque delivery is even better and more rapid than the M5's? If so, we would all have CTS-V's.
    It's the superior engine for an M5, a luxury super saloon. This the engine this car need not a 8300RPM V10. I'm not saying which is better, i'm saying which engine suits better that car.

Since when? Because BMW is now making this idiotic claim? The E39 M5 did everything well and didn't need a billion buttons changing every setting to do so. It was just an awesome super sedan, it wasn't pretending to be multiple things. And it never needed to fake its engine noise...
    I don't disagree.

It's gotten fat and lazy. BMW says the new turbo motors don't respond like the old ones. I don't care how much you like the torque, it is not as sharp as a car as the E60 M5 and it makes nowhere near the statement the E39 M5 did.
    BMW talks BS too much recently. However i just suggest to test one yourself to see what i'm talking. And it's quite sharp, the steering is actually better than the previous one. It's heavier and you can feel the weight though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The video description.
    The video is up on Evo's youtube channel.

It does not say it has the Perf. package in the desription.

From looking at the video, I don't think it does either. I don't see the giant red calipers that come with the PP.
    Last edited by M3_WC; 03-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    The reason why BMW M has always won me over compared to MB AMG was simply driving experience. It might not have to be the fastest in a straight line or the fastest track time or the most horsepower, but when I want to buy a car, I want to enjoy every aspect of it. To me personally, I feel like that's what I experience with my current M3s. I'm pretty sure the C32 or C63 counterpart were significantly faster on the highway or had nicer interiors, but they really didn't give back to me as a driver.
    Here is the thing...the drivers car argument is starting not to apply with the M5 growing in size and weight. As it is losing in the handling aspect to the now lighter E63. The only argument I really see BMW lovers hanging on to, is the manual vs automatic. Otherwise the cars are more even than ever, in some instances the E63 wins outs.

For example AutoCar's comparo: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594332

Quotes like this make you think much harder about the E63:
    What's not in doubt is the extra handling percision of the Mercedes, or the greater sense of agility it displays when you really start to lean on it through a quick corner.
    The way the M5 controls its mass during direction change is downright disturbing in isolation - but at no time does it feel as sharp as the E63...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Who had the review that mentioned it went into limp mode? As did the CLS it was compared against. We expect it from the Benz. That is what BMW has become with M now, AMG.
    That was CarMag New Zealand.

Dragrace. The M5 gets the jump, but the CLS63 runs it down and takes the win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Lol are u kidding sticky? There isn't a thing those older M5's did better than this one. And sorry to burst your bubble but this isnt a sportscar it's a sporty luxury sedan. Oh and the E63 is ugggglllyy.
    Well for one their engines sounded better hah. Secondly, they weighed far less.

What bubble? I have been saying sport sedan. Try reading what I write, I'm not the one claiming it is a sports car.

The E63 is a 6 series convertible. Please learn your chassis codes.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    The reason why BMW M has always won me over compared to MB AMG was simply driving experience. It might not have to be the fastest in a straight line or the fastest track time or the most horsepower, but when I want to buy a car, I want to enjoy every aspect of it. To me personally, I feel like that's what I experience with my current M3s. I'm pretty sure the C32 or C63 counterpart were significantly faster on the highway or had nicer interiors, but they really didn't give back to me as a driver.
    Agree with everything except the M cars offered all this plus matched the AMG's and even beat them in the straightline. For the record, I made a video back in the day beating a C32 AMG as those guys thought their cars were sooo much faster. M used to do it all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    That was CarMag New Zealand.
    There we go, thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

From looking at the video, I don't think it does either. I don't see the giant red calipers that come with the PP.
    And there we go again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait, how do you do that? For multi quoting someone's post what i do is copy pasting parts and then manually quoting.
    Heh, you just highlight text and click quote.

I've never seen a test between these two cars except the latest issue of Car Magazine, didn't mention anything about limp mode.
    See the previous posts.

I said it has no torque in lower RPM's which is right IN CITY DRIVING even in M Sport. I know what i'm saying cuz i'm the one who drive in city with not just one S85 but two.
    It has plenty of torque in its full mode. It has a very flat curve with 85% of its torque available as early as 1800 rpm or so. So, sorry, not buying what you are saying especially considering the M3 has less torque and it moved just fine out of first gear. You act like it's a Honda 1.6 liter or something.

It's the superior engine for an M5, a luxury super saloon. This the engine this car need not a 8300RPM V10. I'm not saying which is better, i'm saying which engine suits better that car.
    It doesn't need an 8300 rpm V10? No kidding, that is what made the M5 badass. It was so over the top awesome and a race motor. Nobody had anything like it.

Oh, a twin turbo V8 you say? Who doesn't have one? M had a tradition of high revving race motors for a reason.

I don't disagree.
    You can't.

It's heavier and you can feel the weight though.
    Ohhhh, no kidding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another article, although not in English, to stir up the pot Click here to enlarge

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662077

1st place: BMW M5 F10

• Tyres: Michelin Pilot Super Sport
    • Weight: 1930 kg
    • 0-100 km/h: 3,9 s
    • 0-200 km/h: 11,8 s
    • Quarter mile: 11,98 s
    • Flexibility (80-120 km/h) in 5th gear: 3,9 s
    • Braking (100-0 km/h), warm: 34,7 m

2nd place: Cadillac CTS-V Automatic

• Tyres: Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
    • Weight: 1980 kg
    • 0-100 km/h: 4,3 s
    • 0-200 km/h: 14,1 s
    • Quarter mile: 12,49 s
    • Flexibility (80-120 km/h) in 5th gear: 6,1 s
    • Braking (100-0 km/h), warm: 34,4 m

3rd place: Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Performance Package

• Tyres: Continental SportContact 5P
    • Weight: 1929 kg
    • 0-100 km/h: 4,1 s
    • 0-200 km/h: 12,6 s
    • Quarter mile: 12,07 s
    • Flexibility (80-120 km/h) in 5th gear: 4,6 s
    • Braking (100-0 km/h), warm: 34,6 m

4th place: Jaguar XFR

• Tyres: Dunlop SP Sportmaxx J
    • Weight: 1970 kg
    • 0-100 km/h: 4,5 s
    • 0-200 km/h: 14,4 s
    • Quarter mile: 12,54 s
    • Flexibility (80-120 km/h) in 5th gear: 6,0 s
    • Braking (100-0 km/h), warm: 35,6 m

Sachsenring-tracktimes:
    1:37,82 min - Porsche Panamera Turbo S
    1:38,16 min - Porsche Panamera Turbo
    1:38,66 min - BMW M5 F10
    1:40,86 min - Cadillac CTS-V Automatic
    1:41,00 min - Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG PP (best is 1:40,6 min)
    1:43,75 min - Jaguar XFR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Should be in separate thread, and I hate linking to bimmerpost.

Just copy / paste.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It doesn't need an 8300 rpm V10? No kidding, that is what made the M5 badass. It was so over the top awesome and a race motor. Nobody had anything like it.
    Slightly OT, but where in your opinion does the S85 rank historically among M engines? Throw all the technical stuff out (if that's possible) and just rank the engine against other M mills for that "awesome-ness" factor. If you had to pick the 3 best M engines ever produced, would the S85 be among them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm surprised at the car...it's a quick bastard...we'll see how it sells Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well for one their engines sounded better hah. Secondly, they weighed far less.What bubble? I have been saying sport sedan. Try reading what I write, I'm not the one claiming it is a sports car.The E63 is a 6 series convertible. Please learn your chassis codes.
    Yes the engine sounded better and yes they weighed less and yes those are both good things, however what I meant was performance wise the new M5 I'm sure is superior to it's predecessors and at the end of the day that is the most important thing(not the only thing though). What I meant is you have to understand why it's being turbo's and adding weight. First it must accomplish the luxury sedan portion and Sorena is right the previous M5 was not the greatest DD sedan although a very fun car for short periods of time(but for that u get an M3 which is better still). Now it has gobs of low end power and a much better looking interior and exterior with more luxury and a better ride. Unfortunately nothing is free and those things costs in terms of weight but for 99% of M5 buyers it's worth the trade off. I had the choice to buy an older M5 or my 550i for close to the same $ and chose the 550i and would have done so even if the M5 was 5k cheaper, not because the 550 is the better sports car but it's a better sports sedan. Oh and I meant the MB E63 not the chassis code learn to keep up lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Slightly OT, but where in your opinion does the S85 rank historically among M engines? Throw all the technical stuff out (if that's possible) and just rank the engine against other M mills for that "awesome-ness" factor. If you had to pick the 3 best M engines ever produced, would the S85 be among them?
    I'd put it towards the top. I may do a ranking of M motors article would be cool.

Would it be top 3? Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This car is a beast...4000+lb sedan running sub-12 sec 1/4s is insane by any measure.
    Current: C63 Coupe: Polar White/Classic Red, P31, H&R, Mode Carbon, RevoZport, Renn Motorsport
    SOLD: B8 S4 Sprint Blue Pearl, DSG, Stasis everything.
    SOLD Eurocharged C63: ARKYM, Forgestar, K&N, Revozport, Custom Rear Lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    This car is a beast...4000+lb sedan running sub-12 sec 1/4s is insane by any measure.
    Even in the post 2013 GT500 and GTR world? And considering the previous M5 already ran low 12's in the ~115 range without turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I don't know what to say.
    Here is the thing...the drivers car argument is starting not to apply with the M5 growing in size and weight. As it is losing in the handling aspect to the now lighter E63. The only argument I really see BMW lovers hanging on to, is the manual vs automatic. Otherwise the cars are more even than ever, in some instances the E63 wins outs.

For example AutoCar's comparo: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594332

Quotes like this make you think much harder about the E63:
    This is the same magazine that said both RS4 and C63 handles better than E92 M3 when it came out. However in Top gear magazine, CAR magazine and auto express comparisons between E63 and M5, It was said that M5 handles better.

Look at that this way, We assume E63 PP is the one with better performance, Right? and also you say E63 handles better? OK? Then how exactly it has the second fastest Nurburgring lap time after Porsche Panamera Turbo S?

This is the problem, BMW fans got spoiled quite badly. All they do is whining and trying to downgrading BMW cars. That's lame IMHO.
    There we go, thank you.
    I've never heard of this magazine. Let's not base our facts on unproved sources.
    Heh, you just highlight text and click quote.
    Huh, it's awesome. From now on i will put every single words in different quotes.
    It has plenty of torque in its full mode. It has a very flat curve with 85% of its torque available as early as 1800 rpm or so. So, sorry, not buying what you are saying especially considering the M3 has less torque and it moved just fine out of first gear. You act like it's a Honda 1.6 liter or something.
    Go to M5board and make a poll and ask what's the average RPM they get in city driving? If it's less than 3800 i will drive a 1.6 Honda in the rest of my life.

Oh, a twin turbo V8 you say? Who doesn't have one? M had a tradition of high revving race motors for a reason.
    You do realize people daily drive their M5's? No one gives a $#@! about race car feel in traffic.

You are watching the whole thing from out side.
    Ohhhh, no kidding.
    But it's even faster than E60 and E39 in corners.
    And considering the previous M5 already ran low 12's in the ~115 range without turbos?
    So what this beloved new TT E63 does over the previous E63? Cut the BS man. You don't like it, fine. No problem whatsoever, but don't act like this. You are better than this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even in the post 2013 GT500 and GTR world? And considering the previous M5 already ran low 12's in the ~115 range without turbos?
    Absolutely. The cars you're referencing are purpose built sports cars - apples to oranges comparison.

Considering the new M5 is trapping 5-7mph higher through the 1/4 is more impressive to me and highlights just how strong it's top end is relative to the last M.
    Current: C63 Coupe: Polar White/Classic Red, P31, H&R, Mode Carbon, RevoZport, Renn Motorsport
    SOLD: B8 S4 Sprint Blue Pearl, DSG, Stasis everything.
    SOLD Eurocharged C63: ARKYM, Forgestar, K&N, Revozport, Custom Rear Lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely. The cars you're referencing are purpose built sports cars - apples to oranges comparison.

Considering the new M5 is trapping 5-7mph higher through the 1/4 is more impressive to me and highlights just how strong it's top end is relative to the last M.

This. They may be somewhat close from a dig due to the added weight but once the new M5 gets going it should pull an older M5 pretty severely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just heard a rumor from a friend who owns a performance shop in CT that they got a new M5 with some mods to put down 680 to the rear wheels ! Cars allegedly from Joisey . Anyone else here this ??? Exhaust , air intake mods and a tune from what i was told . that sick .
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm waiting for the hack that turns off the "engine noise" from the speakers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never heard of this magazine. Let's not base our facts on unproved sources.
    Proven sources are magazines you have heard of? It's right there in a video.

Go to M5board and make a poll and ask what's the average RPM they get in city driving? If it's less than 3800 i will drive a 1.6 Honda in the rest of my life.
    All that proves is M5board is filled with old men, likely with Viagra prescriptions.

You do realize people daily drive their M5's? No one gives a $#@! about race car feel in traffic.

You are watching the whole thing from out side.
    And what? A 5.0 liter V10 doesn't provide enough for daily driving? Seriously?

But it's even faster than E60 and E39 in corners.
    Give an E39 modern suspension and what will happen?

So what this beloved new TT E63 does over the previous E63? Cut the BS man. You don't like it, fine. No problem whatsoever, but don't act like this. You are better than this.
    It's not that I don't like it, I think BMW could have done better. It isn't as good and doesn't make the statement the E39 did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Proven sources are magazines you have heard of? It's right there in a video.
    Car mag just did another comparo with the M5, against XFR and E63 (no perf package).

The M5 went into limp mode again. Once on the dyno, on the second run. Then 4 more times during low-speed runs.

Oh and the CLS63 in that video above, does not have the performance pacakge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The M5 went into limp mode again. Once on the dyno, on the second run. Then 4 more times during low-speed runs.
    Becoming a pattern...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast