Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Becoming a pattern...
    Now I dont wanna rip on the m5 at all, since I consider it one of the greatest cars built. However, I do agree that they are getting fatter when they should be losing weight and doing more with less (hp at least).

Considering one of the things that allowed me to sell my 335i was limp mode (yes, I absolutely hated limp mode, even stock), I have to say I would have hoped that BMW made a machine that was designed to handle the power all day long. I really never would have thought that this would ever become an issue. It is a great car, dont get me wrong, but considering they had alot of testing time with this motor and its abilites etc, it should have been ROCK solid. (they had the motor first in the 50i then in the X5/6M. So, all quirks should have been ironed out IMO).

I'm not ripping on the engine, but I'd like an M car that can be pushed all goddamn day long, and the only difference I notice is that the fuel goes away quicker Click here to enlarge

How are they holding up when tuned, if this is happening on stock motors?
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    How are they holding up when tuned, if this is happening on stock motors?
    It's getting tuned but I don't know if we will see 600 rwhp out of it on stock turbos. Let's see what happens, very early.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123