Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Afterthoughts on an N54...

So my car is basically back to stock now (except for the exhaust). I'm surprised as to how quick the basically stock N54 engine is. I will say this: the biggest difference (to me) was the dps though...I have to give it up to the guys at AR Design for an EXCELLENT product. My car felt completely different before and after the uninstall...I think they MAY have made just as big of an impact as the JB4..maybe even more...but no solid figures there. People always ask me "Did you feel a difference from the DPs?" The answer: Yes...considerably so. With my DPs, you could hear the turbos spool (much quicker than stock), and you could even hear the wastegates from the exhaust...it was nice, not to mention the low growl you hear in the exhaust.

This isn't to say that the JB4 isn't a huge difference either. The JB4 was amazing! First thing EVERYONE should buy for their N54 hahaha...along with their DCI...

This is mostly for people who haven't gotten to that level, I guess, seeing as most of the people who participate actively are much more modded or if not just as modded as I am...well...was.... Click here to enlarge. Haha...either way...just some final thoughts on my car, now that it's mostly stock. All my parts went to a friend of mine for his birthday (he just bought a '10 335i M-sport, 6MT too...gonna be a sick car) Hope this helps some people! Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

it does

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

My car is bone stock now and its painfully slow, I get aggrevated when I get in it now. I miss my baby the way she was, ohh well maybe someday again.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Why'd you take it back down to stock? I'm selling my car and getting a new one next month...I'm actually not upset with the performance, I thought it would be REALLY slow but it's not, but I do miss the tires breaking loose... Click here to enlarge

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I regret that I did all my stg 2 mods at once, I should have installed them one by one to see the difference.

The n54 is a great motor, 24mpg and over 400hp, great bang for the buck with mods, doesn't get much better imo

Plus a lot of people still don't know a 335 can be made fast, I've run into a couple of those people with m3's, g35, and 350z's lol

I do understand the beauty of a supercharged s65 though, :-) can't pull that off while married though lol
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I do understand the beauty of a supercharged s65 though, :-) can't pull that off while married though lol
    do what i do, tell her i spent more on whats hanging around her finger than i will on the s/c.. she gets to show off the bling to all her friends, so why dont i deserve the same kinda bling for my car.. to show off to my boys..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    do what i do, tell her i spent more on whats hanging around her finger than i will on the s/c.. she gets to show off the bling to all her friends, so why dont i deserve the same kinda bling for my car.. to show off to my boys..
    I tried ha...now she wants the house to show off, plus the 335 is paid off in 2 months and it's not my daily so I'm thinking I'm keeping this car for a while and modding it more. I also want the house too, not gonna lie
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, i hear ya. mine wants a kid now too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If its not your daily...you can definitely trade it to get a new car lol Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Niceee, luckily that's 3 years down the road... Sorry for the off topic op, the n54 is sick ha
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    If its not your daily...you can definitely trade it to get a new car lol Click here to enlarge
    Nah...gonna make it a beast. Once it's paid off, I'm going to mod it right, bbk, nice set of volk te's, new suspension set up...etc. The car runs great with fbo and cobb stg2+, Gobbs of tq. The look of the car is already drastically changed with the mtech+akyrm lip insert

Btw what are u trading the 535 for?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Oops just noticed ur sig, nice choice
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Back to stock to part ways with it. I have 2 young kids now so I need a 4 door daily driver. I will get my daily then get a 3rd play toy. I love the 135i so much I may end up getting another one and throw a big single in it. I would keep my current and get a 4 door but I want an MT for the play toy.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I didnt think dps were that big of a deal honestly. The chip was the biggest change, so was meth, and so was the turbos. Sway bars were amother big difference for me
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    I didnt think dps were that big of a deal honestly. The chip was the biggest change, so was meth, and so was the turbos. Sway bars were amother big difference for me
    Ahh, I had meth but I didn't use it all that much...I didn't race much and I didn't floor it that much...too many turns around here. I never got upgraded turbos either...would've loved to do it but...didn't seem as worthwhile

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Your Missing out Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Back to stock to part ways with it. I have 2 young kids now so I need a 4 door daily driver. I will get my daily then get a 3rd play toy. I love the 135i so much I may end up getting another one and throw a big single in it. I would keep my current and get a 4 door but I want an MT for the play toy.
    You can always do the manual mod, I know a yard that has one I think, I have to go up there and check it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    Downpipes affect more than just the power output though. They also offer aural pleasure.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    You can always do the manual mod, I know a yard that has one I think, I have to go up there and check it.
    Hmm, let me know if you find anything. This is something that does interest me but spending $4k on an MT conversion makes me very apprehensive. It would likely be much cheaper for me just to turn my car in and buy a 2008 135i MT.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I've got 19k hanging on my girls finger(which she never wears because she doesn't want to lose it and its a little bulky to wear all the time) so I guess I'm good for a big single, right?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I've got 19k hanging on my girls finger(which she never wears because she doesn't want to lose it and its a little bulky to wear all the time) so I guess I'm good for a big single, right?
    of course, mine was 15k, but insured for more than that, so she rocks it all over. Id say BT is DEFINATLY in your future Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

The day I spend thousands on a tiny rock...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They also offer aural pleasure.
    So does my girlfriend. Oh wait...you said "aural" pleasure didn't you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Downpipes affect more than just the power output though. They also offer aural pleasure.
    Oh yeah completely forgot about it...once I pulled off the DPs...I felt like my car sounded kind of...well...cheap...only high end growl...none of that low end gurble or real deep bellow...sad

The day I spend thousands on a tiny rock...
    Sticky...you're loaded man...you're going to drop like 50k on a rock...and you know it Click here to enlarge but you just have to find a girl worth it haha X)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky...you're loaded man...you're going to drop like 50k on a rock...and you know it but you just have to find a girl worth it haha X)
    The day I find a girl worth a $50k rock...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast