Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

8 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Installed my BMS WW meth -Stealth Edition.

So all this methanol talk got me motivated to install it into my 335i. I purchased the BMS kit because it integrated with the JB4, and it had the bracket to mount the pump. I also purchased a Devils own nozzle mount and their tank tap, just to make the kit a more custom. So, it appears that the 335i was meant to have methanol injection, because there is obviously a place built in to mount the nozzle. Check it out!

I pulled the intake tube to mount the nozzle:

Click here to enlarge

I drilled and tapped the hole. The devils own mount has a nut that mounts on the underside to keep the nozzle locked down, but I imagined it unscrewing and lodging in to one of my valves, so I screwed it down without the nut and locked it in place with gorilla super glue.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I then took out my washer bottle and cleaned out all of the old fluid (that smelled like cologne?), then mounted the Devils own tank tap.

Click here to enlarge

After installing, I filed the tank with water and did a leak check to make sure everything was nice and water tight.

Click here to enlarge

Now, I had these little clips left over from an old install, but they're a little added insurance to keep the hoses from pulling out. I wish all methanol kits came with them. I have a pic of it mounted a little later.

Click here to enlarge

After trying to mount the pump in various places, I found a good spot. Initially, I used the BMS bracket, but it was a little too visible to me. I ended up mounting the pump under the power steering fluid bracket. I had to hack off the support underneath to make room for the pump, test fit a couple of times, then got it mounted. I also mounted the solenoid under there.

Click here to enlarge

The pump itself was a little too shiny, so I painted it flat black to make it blend in a little better. I'm also the type of guy that measures once and cuts twice, so don't mind the extra drill holes.

Click here to enlarge

a couple more pics of the install. See the little clip I was talking about? They're sweet.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Need a better picture of the overall install, but it really doesn't stand out at all. I think I could take it to the dealer without them noticing!

Click here to enlarge

I topped it off with some of this, and added a little food coloring, just so I can see if there was any air bubbles when bleeding the system.

Click here to enlarge

I did a few quick runs after the install and all I have to say is wow! There is a BIG difference between running with methanol verses without. The car is much faster. So, just like the JB4, this kit is well worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome work! It's the little details that make a clean install. Thanks for sharing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks! I like doing a little more here and there to make it my own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I forgot the pic of how the solenoid was mounted.....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice detailed pics as always!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A couple more pics. I routed the methanol hose across the front of the car. It's a lot easier to see in person.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I wrapped the wires in electrical tape, to give an OEM appearance.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just dropping in to say that I saw the final install in real-life and the pictures just don't do it justice. VERY well done! Even by VW standards Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is very nice !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very clean install! Only concern would be inability to power purge but might wind up being a non-issue. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Looks really good. Might have to do something like this to get some meth in the car as I don't feel like buying a whole charge pipe and BOV just to run meth.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks nice n Stealthy. Good Install and pics Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

everything is super clean man. Nice write up. Good Job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Really like the clips, wouldnt mind BMS selling those in packs of 5 @Terry@BMS
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice work! looks stealthy for sure!....where'd you get those clips? Link us puhleez!
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, yes those clips. They seem to be quite popular. I kinda figured they would be with all the crazy OCD folks that we have in the community. I'm trying to find them in bulk, and maybe I could convince Terry to carry them -it would be brilliant!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Very clean install! Only concern would be inability to power purge but might wind up being a non-issue. Click here to enlarge
    So far, no problems with sucking air or anything. I'll let everyone know if something happens as it warms up in the coming months.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great install...looks straight OEM...Great write up too!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    So all this methanol talk got me motivated to install it into my 335i. I purchased the BMS kit because it integrated with the JB4, and it had the bracket to mount the pump. I also purchased a Devils own nozzle mount and their tank tap, just to make the kit a more custom. So, it appears that the 335i was meant to have methanol injection, because there is obviously a place built in to mount the nozzle. Check it out!

I pulled the intake tube to mount the nozzle:

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/008-1.jpg

I drilled and tapped the hole. The devils own mount has a nut that mounts on the underside to keep the nozzle locked down, but I imagined it unscrewing and lodging in to one of my valves, so I screwed it down without the nut and locked it in place with gorilla super glue.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/009-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/011-1.jpg

I then took out my washer bottle and cleaned out all of the old fluid (that smelled like cologne?), then mounted the Devils own tank tap.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/017-1.jpg

After installing, I filed the tank with water and did a leak check to make sure everything was nice and water tight.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/019-1.jpg

Now, I had these little clips left over from an old install, but they're a little added insurance to keep the hoses from pulling out. I wish all methanol kits came with them. I have a pic of it mounted a little later.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/020-1.jpg

After trying to mount the pump in various places, I found a good spot. Initially, I used the BMS bracket, but it was a little too visible to me. I ended up mounting the pump under the power steering fluid bracket. I had to hack off the support underneath to make room for the pump, test fit a couple of times, then got it mounted. I also mounted the solenoid under there.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/023-1.jpg

The pump itself was a little too shiny, so I painted it flat black to make it blend in a little better. I'm also the type of guy that measures once and cuts twice, so don't mind the extra drill holes.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/024-1.jpg

a couple more pics of the install. See the little clip I was talking about? They're sweet.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/026-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/027-1.jpg

Need a better picture of the overall install, but it really doesn't stand out at all. I think I could take it to the dealer without them noticing!

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/031-1.jpg

I topped it off with some of this, and added a little food coloring, just so I can see if there was any air bubbles when bleeding the system.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2/03/033-1.jpg

I did a few quick runs after the install and all I have to say is wow! There is a BIG difference between running with methanol verses without. The car is much faster. So, just like the JB4, this kit is well worth it.
    This post is well done, good work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks, it's working great!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I love it. I'm ordering mine today.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How come the WW kit is not on BMS website anymore?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NM I found it.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you run Map 3 full time? Do you switch to different Map at all?

When does Meth actually spray? If I'm driving like a grandma, does it spray any at all? I'm a noob about meth....
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nicely done! I like clean installs like that!
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    Do you run Map 3 full time? Do you switch to different Map at all?

When does Meth actually spray? If I'm driving like a grandma, does it spray any at all? I'm a noob about meth....
    It sprays when your wide open, making at least a certain amount of boost. There is some other parameters that have to be met, you might be able to find them on n54tech, but it's something like you have to be above 2000rpm, in any gear but 6th, above 8psi boost, throttle over 90%, stuff like that. I know I'm way off with my nu,mbers, but it's just an example. Otherwise, no meth sprays and I keep it on map3 aways at this point. A full washer bottle of 50/50 meth/water lasts longer than a tank of fuel for me, maybe about two tanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast