Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Proefi system was trashed by a lot of people/shop non hpf but that's for another thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Proefi system was trashed by a lot of people/shop non hpf but that's for another thread.
    Links?

I did my own research on the ProEFI, I'm actually a real analyst.. who gets paid to analyze things. All I could find were nothing but praise in the Supra, 350Z and Infiniti crowds. The only negative stuff I could find were from people who didn't understand how to properly setup the EMS up. It's a bit more complicated than the AEM.

If you found some negative stuff on the ProEFI.. link it. Because I have yet to find anything negative about the EMS. In fact, the EMS is powering some of the fastest cars in the world right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

like these infinity guys http://youtube.com/watch?v=olulRicAgM8
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I see the giant pro efi sticker on the side, but I dont see Jason around anywhere... just because its a superior ecu doesn't mean that if put into the wrong hands for tuning that it will magically keep it from blowing up. but maybe your right maybe its just a faulty ecu and everyone should stick with the aem, the people who have 1800hp on pro efi are just lucky...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hobbit382 Click here to enlarge
    I see the giant pro efi sticker on the side, but I dont see Jason around anywhere... just because its a superior ecu doesn't mean that if put into the wrong hands for tuning that it will magically keep it from blowing up. but maybe your right maybe its just a faulty ecu and everyone should stick with the aem, the people who have 1800hp on pro efi are just lucky...

he asked for an example....i gave one.........personally i dont care if they have a great ecu, which they might............
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I didnt watch the whole video or read all of this bull$#@!.

But a couple of things jump out at me right away.

When a motor goes in that fashion, with such subtleties as "working pumps, injectors matched, plugs look good, valves look good etc.." and the engine is at HPF shop. You cannot draw any conclusions. I have no sides to take here because I could give a $#@! less, I dont own an e46. But when a shop takes apart a motor that blew up, do you honestly think they are gonna make it seem like it was their fault? Just think about that for a minute.

The motor should have been taken apart by a 3rd party shop with no bias. Unfortunately, even if it wasn't HPFs fault, there is bias present since they have the motor in their possession and conclusions cannot be drawn.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    Did the EMS fail to do it's job? Or did the tuner not tune the car properly.

You can't blame a piece of hardware in the operator doesn't know how to use it properly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Did the EMS fail to do it's job? Or did the tuner not tune the car properly.

You can't blame a piece of hardware in the operator doesn't know how to use it properly.

now come on are you seriously as a marketing genius going to tell me, that with that BIG ASS BANNER on the car that jason didnt tune that car?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and yes it failed to do its job......jason has stated at least 500 times that his ecu has all these fail safes..........failsafes didnt seem to work in more than a few cases lately
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No links. Not trying to argue. Talking about the people I spoke to about the setup. 2 shops both known in BMW community. I talked about switching but my Aem working fine. I don't care for e85. My stg3 friend decided not to use for a reason. I'm in the middle. Still might switch but for now Aem works.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So if it's not on Internet it didn't happen? There are a lot of cars/people out there who don't come on forums at all. It's always a pissing match no matter the subject.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

now come on are you seriously as a marketing genius going to tell me, that with that BIG ASS BANNER on the car that jason didnt tune that car?
    if Jason tuned it, why was it on the dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    and yes it failed to do its job......jason has stated at least 500 times that his ecu has all these fail safes..........failsafes didnt seem to work in more than a few cases lately
    hmm your right... failsafes don't seem to work when engine builders screw up the engine. I think its pretty safe to say that no ecu can fix a broken ring/inproper ring gap or install a oil squirter...

btw dont take that as an attack on hpf, from what i heard they dont actually do the engine building right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if Jason tuned it, why was it on the dyno?

really? did you just ask that.......it was clearly a dyno day with the amount of spectators there
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The cars have to be setup to use the fail safes. That requires an entire sensor package in addition to the EMS. The EMS has the ability to do these things, but not unless the owner installs all the supporting modifications and sensors needed to accomplish that.

Bottom line, the shops that know what they are doing have had great success with the ProEFI.. the shops that are less experienced may, or may not have had issues. The equipment itself is proven, it's the operator that makes or breaks the system

Also, OEM motors were never designed to endure these power levels, so failures are expected. The whole idea of having a warrantied "reliable" 800+ HP motor is in itself ridiculous. People that have been around racing long enough know that motors blow up. That's just what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bottom line, the shops that know what they are doing have had great success with the ProEFI.. the shops that are less experienced may, or may not have had issues. The equipment itself is proven, it's the operator that makes or breaks the system
    ok i understand, so your car blowing up after pro-efi tuning by the guy who created it and knows what he is doing is a great success.....gotcha.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The radiator hose popped, you can see the fluid below. I was told that the owner of the shop (not Jason or ProEFI) didn't tighten the radiator hose properly. The engine did not blow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    The radiator hose popped, you can see the fluid below. I was told that the owner of the shop (not Jason or ProEFI) didn't tighten the radiator hose properly. The engine did not blow.
    if so, i concede on that one, i just did a quick search since chasity asked for it and the guy in the video says it blew up so i posted it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

really? did you just ask that.......it was clearly a dyno day with the amount of spectators there
    touche

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You truly are a lieing little piece of $#@! arent you. You need to grow up and get off of Chris's nutz or open your eyes to reality. Im not sure what kind of special sauce you hpf fan boys are getting but its commical at best. Ough by the way how about you quit posting slanderous bull$#@! like what I quoted above. You are well aware from the e46fanatics post what the true story behind that video is. By the way I attached it .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dhohn615 Click here to enlarge
    You truly are a lieing little piece of $#@! arent you. You need to grow up and get off of Chris's nutz or open your eyes to reality. Im not sure what kind of special sauce you hpf fan boys are getting but its commical at best. Ough by the way how about you quit posting slanderous bull$#@! like what I quoted below. You are well aware from the e46fanatics post what the true story behind that video is. By the way I attached it http://youtu.be/Dk2EdUnW78c.

if you knew how to read you could easily tell i posted it here first........guess comprehension isnt your strong suit

why you so angry......dont bite me with those tiger teeth......raaawwrrr
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deflection, well that was surprising. If you truly had any intent other than helping or pushing hpf's agenda you would have acted like a grown up and posted the video I posted. I'm sure you have been on e46fanatics since that video went up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    marcus posted it over here and i conceded, what more do you want....want me to bake you some cookies and cupcakes sweetheart?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Stickey,

you seem to be biased towards HPF and have a strong feeling to defend them, nothing wrong with that. Its almost like sports, you pick a team and you stick with them even when they are losing. however if you take a step back from that and try to have an unbiased view and just look at the facts it becomes sad. Chris has gone out of his way to discredit Pro EFI and in the process of doing that has lost a very good customer. I just hope Chris can learn from this and change the way he has been "advertising".
    I have a strong feeling of balance and everyone seems to want to pile on rather than be objective. Biased would mean not doing that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

The EMS was a proven product. The only thing Jason did was make a wiring harness for it. It is not Jason's fault HPF decided to offer the ProEFI before they even understood how to use it. JP had already left, so you had John, an inexperienced tuner, trying to learn an EMS that has arguably a difficult learning curve because it so much more advanced.

I believe this is a case of HPF releasing products to the market without doing ANY R&D on them. Just a few products that I'm quite positive received NO R&D.. The sleeved blocks, The cast exhaust manifold and the ProEFI.. These products were placed on the market way to soon to have had any R&D done. I mean Jason didn't even realize at first that HPF removed the o2 sensors from the exhaust. Little things like this are not Jason's fault, they were Chris's fault for not mentioning it. Was Jason expected to completely re-design HPF's turbo kit for them to work with the ProEFI? No.. that's HPF's job. Jason was only responsible for the EMS and the wiring harness.. that's it.

If there is anything I have learned in my business as a management consultant.. DO NOT release your products into the market until you have adequately tested it under real world conditions.
    Was your car running the Pro-EFI at the track when it blew? Additionally, how many passes did you do make before it blew at the track?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast