Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

VF admits to having no tune

sounds like it to me anyway.....if you did your own tuning and not just a resistor why would you be waiting on BMW to fix your problems.:lmao:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3PowerPlay
    Lastly, the set-up appears to be running smoothly, save the well-documented idle search that occurs about every tenth (10th) start as well as a bit of a fluctuating idle that happens from time-to-time (not apparent when looking at the tachometer needle, but heard audibly and captured on the AFR gauge). I'm told by Sean at VF that BMW will more than like be releasing a software upgrade in the coming weeks. At that time, VF will reflash my DME with updated software, which should address the issues
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where is this from? Another customer that bought their kit not knowing the issues that have been WELL DOCUMENTED! I'm guessing this is from M3F...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes i was proxy surfing it because im ip banned. it was in a thread about a streetsport kit getting dyno'd str8 from M3Forum!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Where is this from? Another customer that bought their kit not knowing the issues that have been WELL DOCUMENTED! I'm guessing this is from M3F...
    Mike, you bought their kit as well...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    yes i was proxy surfing it because im ip banned. it was in a thread about a streetsport kit getting dyno'd str8 from M3Forum!
    All that this quoted post seems to say is that VF is attributing the idle surge to BMW software and not their own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    All that this quoted post seems to say is that VF is attributing the idle surge to BMW software and not their own.
    stock cars dont surge, hpf cars dont surge, aa cars dont surge, ess cars dont surge.......all which have the same software on the DME ..............so how can it be the BMW software???? the other companies use a tune, VF uses a resistor which relies on the DME to "fix" and "adjust" itself. if they tuned it wouldnt matter what version of BMW software was in there. why would faulty BMW software effect their "tune" and no one elses??????
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mike, you bought their kit as well...
    Haven't I already gone over this? When I got the kit, there wasn't ONE SINGLE post about idle surge, crappy customer service or blown motors...

If I were to buy a VF kit now, with all the info out there, then you are right, I am guilty of being a moron.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    stock cars dont surge, hpf cars dont surge, aa cars dont surge, ess cars dont surge.......all which have the same software on the DME ..............so how can it be the BMW software???? the other companies use a tune, VF uses a resistor which relies on the DME to "fix" and "adjust" itself. if they tuned it wouldnt matter what version of BMW software was in there. why would faulty BMW software effect their "tune" and no one elses??????
    Exacty correct. The DME is flashed with new software so what would a BMW software upgrade actually do?

Maybe stock BMW software tends to idle surge when larger injectors are thrown on that it wasn't tuned for and a supercharger is drawing power from the crank? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you are right, I was stating what VF themselves seems to be attributing the surge to.

Are they misleading people by trying to shift the blame? Perhaps, I don't have proof of that though. Your conclusion is logical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    Exacty correct. The DME is flashed with new software so what would a BMW software upgrade actually do?

Maybe stock BMW software tends to idle surge when larger injectors are thrown on that it wasn't tuned for and a supercharger is drawing power from the crank? Click here to enlarge
    Happy to have you here Cam due to posts like this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't I already gone over this? When I got the kit, there wasn't ONE SINGLE post about idle surge, crappy customer service or blown motors...

If I were to buy a VF kit now, with all the info out there, then you are right, I am guilty of being a moron.
    Fair enough, just remember not everyone is on the forums and many people buy a name. VF had a pristine image for a while and it sold you off on a kit, it can definitely happen to others as well. Morons? A bit harsh but I understand your perspective on VF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair enough, just remember not everyone is on the forums and many people buy a name. VF had a pristine image for a while and it sold you off on a kit, it can definitely happen to others as well. Morons? A bit harsh but I understand your perspective on VF.
    you are correct on that also......they a good name, at one point i almost bought a stage 2 kit, and i mean almost as in i was probably days if not minutes away from pulling the trigger, then scott had a problem with his HPF kit (when he toasted his motor racing the ford GT) I saw how HPF handled it and it immediately sold me.
    I have to say looking back, I probably owe my car and motor to Scott's faulty boost pump install or i myself would be rocking a Vf blown up motor stage 2 kit.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Happy to have you here Cam due to posts like this.
    You are so welcome! Click here to enlarge

Yeah all of the other supercharger systems for the e46 m3 flash the DME with their software which wipes out the software that was on there from BMW AFAIK. So when an employee of VF says BMW is coming out with a revision, that only makes sense if such revision will allow the stock DME BMW software tune to adapt to the larger injectors VF throws at it along with the supercharger power being drawn from the crank and the positive boost pressures it now sees. I don't know the MSS54 and would honestly be surprised if it could actually even work with larger injectors and positive boost pressure on the stock BMW tune. So I can't say it is not possible.

Funkboy that is pretty heavy. Wow what a relief you went HPF eh? That whole story about what HPF did for Scott was incredible.
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i thought stock cars do surge due to the idv issue
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    i thought stock cars do surge due to the idv issue
    i have 2 e46 m3's neither surged in stock form
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my mistake...missed it was about the e46
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    my mistake...missed it was about the e46
    You raise a good point, I moved the thread since this will be predominantly S54 related.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have 2 e46 m3's neither surged in stock form
    Unless you swap the stock injectors for larger ones and call it GIAC tuning. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GIAC has been getting a lot of heat in many different platforms lately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I dont understand all this! WHY WOULD GIAC name be associated with VF IF there is NO tune! It just doesnt seem right! So either there is a tune or..............

I just fail to understand all this drama thats going on. The TRUTH needs to come out or this will never be put to rest.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think there is some sort of tune, but I don't think the tune touches some of the tables it needs to

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think there is some sort of tune, but I don't think the tune touches some of the tables it needs to
    Yeah I am sure there IS a tune but just not touching some of the tables like you said. I wonder how the Alpah N tune is doing.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I am sure there IS a tune but just not touching some of the tables like you said. I wonder how the Alpah N tune is doing.
    Like I've already pointed out, the Alpha N tune is the same exact tune, no change whatsoever, I am 99.99999999999% sure of that and not just talking smack Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by MSpiredM3; 06-06-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont think you could consider the GIAC flash a tune...its just a flash that raises the rev limiter and de lemits top speed, maybe a few other things like that but it doesnt touch anything that runs the motor, thats why the DME adaptations are so important. it has to learn and compensate for the lack of values that should be there in a real "tune".

so IMO its not tuned by GIAC its flashed by GIAC
    Last edited by Funkboy316; 06-06-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast