Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Frankly I'm glad we don't tap those reserves, hopefully they remain untouched. Why should we use and sell our supply when it's still cheap to buy other peoples? No let's drain them dry and in 20-30 years when the price and demand have really skyrocketed then we sell our stuff. You think 100/barrel is high? Wait 3 decades when china and India are consuming as much oil as we are and there isn't those plentiful reserves in the middle east. Then we will bank and be back firmly in control of what happens in the world. You $#@!s need to learn how to think long term and focus on the end game. "this $#@!s chess it ain't checkers!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

A shame Biogasoline isn't a viable alternative yet... Specially at $800 a barrel... Click here to enlarge This would definitely wean us off our dependency on foreign nations... If Biogasoline (and Biodiesel) production was increased to help to limit our dependency on crude/fossil oil... Well, i can only speculate what effects it would have...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Yet in Saudi Arabia they pay like $13 USD for 20 gallons of gas...
    In Europe you would pay like $200 USD for that same 20 gallons
    and in the USA you would pay like $80-90 for that same 20 gallons... We could have prices like Saudi, if we would tap those reserves that exist in our own country... but... oh well...
    and continued to increase imports...and didn't sell any. It is a global market. We should be paying what Europe pays. We are still way under, so I wouldn't complain.

Saudis may pay less, but they are the ones slowing export. So why all the posts blaming Obama.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    and continued to increase imports...and didn't sell any. It is a global market. We should be paying what Europe pays. We are still way under, so I wouldn't complain.

Saudis may pay less, but they are the ones slowing export. So why all the posts blaming Obama.
    Here is just a VERY small part on why we should blame the Obamanation:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." “Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006”

HERE IS ALL I WANT

Obama: Gone!

Borders: Closed!

Congress: Obey its own laws

Language: English only

Culture: Constitution, and the Bill of Rights!

Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before Welfare!

NO freebies to: Non-Citizens! We the people are coming!

And above all else, REPEAL that Fuc-king ObamacareClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly , you guys complain about gas prices that are way less then what we pay over here , and still you keep driving those big sized engines. There is a reason most cars over are only 1600cc or less.
    Besides we get taxed big time on a big engine.
    You guys really think it's a good idea to drill new oil fields so you can fill up your corvette or viper for a few bucks???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Exactly , you guys complain about gas prices that are way less then what we pay over here , and still you keep driving those big sized engines. There is a reason most cars over are only 1600cc or less.
    You guys really think it's a good idea to drill new oil fields so you can fill up your corvette or viper for a few bucks???
    Having filled up two passports from working in Europe, I can say that YES I do feel for you guys. Especially the engine tax, as I have sent two cars over to Eastern Europe, where they title your car by engine size. Think registration tax here guys, for us US guys. Anything over 3 liters is a ridiculous fee.

Now with that being said, what is wrong with someone that can afford a viper, or ANY other car over 6.0 liters for buying one?

Its a choice here that some get to make. IMHO it s a wonderful privilege of living in the us.

With that being said, I also fell that the US SHOULD drill in SOME of its reserves. Think Alaska here as we only drill in an area that would fit in PittsburghClick here to enlargecurrently.

The Obamanation blocking the pipeline, give me a break. Canada has/is our best Allie and I was given the wonderful opportunity to race up there for three years. THANKS Bridgstone.

Obama is a bad joke. My taxes went up, did I mention according to his 2008 platform tax examiner that I should receive $1500 more backClick here to enlarge

Gas has doubledClick here to enlarge

Housing as for the first time in over 30 years went downClick here to enlarge

And the world is laughing at us on a political scaleClick here to enlarge

Yeah, I went him in againClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind paying more to on my registration, due to the fact that I drive an larger engine. SO I'm rolling in a 3500cc engine (more or less). I think a lot of people (like those soccer moms) who drive a V8 5.0L Escalade probably wouldn't drive it, if they knew they had to pay extra on the registration for driving a larger engine... Then again, I' might be totally off... BUT if you told me I had to pay an extra 100 for each liter over 3.0, it might give people a pause... So registration for me is 175... Now I have to pay 225 because I drive a 3.5 litre car... SO if you drive a 5.0, you are paying an extra $200... or maybe we need to make it more extreme, like 200 for every extra liter... I'm rambling... I see so many people driving this HUGE SUV's with 5/6 liter engines, and i'm like why do you need that much? I could understand if your towing trailers or what have you, but to take your daughter to school, what do you need 6 liters for? Seriously?
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind paying more to on my registration, due to the fact that I drive an larger engine. SO I'm rolling in a 3500cc engine (more or less). I think a lot of people (like those soccer moms) who drive a V8 5.0L Escalade probably wouldn't drive it, if they knew they had to pay extra on the registration for driving a larger engine... Then again, I' might be totally off... BUT if you told me I had to pay an extra 100 for each liter over 3.0, it might give people a pause... So registration for me is 175... Now I have to pay 225 because I drive a 3.5 litre car... SO if you drive a 5.0, you are paying an extra $200... or maybe we need to make it more extreme, like 200 for every extra liter... I'm rambling... I see so many people driving this HUGE SUV's with 5/6 liter engines, and i'm like why do you need that much? I could understand if your towing trailers or what have you, but to take your daughter to school, what do you need 6 liters for? Seriously?

For registration my friend, think thousands more per liter, not hundreds.

Well atleast in Poland and in Belarus.

A 3.0 liter Taurus in Poland was almost $4K
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No $#@! that let those European countries be the ones taxing themselves to death. We need to find a real solution not just limit ourselves because that's what they do in Europe. Mramg1 none of those things really have anything to do with Obama, all of those problems were created by the last administration. Now that's not to say he doesn't want to raise your taxes(he does) but this countries $#@!ed fiscal position is due to the fake as republican congress and president that was in power previously. And understand what I'm saying, I'm VERY fiscally conservative but republicans today are NO better than democrats when it comes to spending they just want to spend it on different $#@!(defense, tax cuts). And those tea party republicans are morons, while they want to slash all spending you can't just indiscriminately cut everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Here is just a VERY small part on why we should blame the Obamanation:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." “Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006”

HERE IS ALL I WANT

Obama: Gone!

Borders: Closed!

Congress: Obey its own laws

Language: English only

Culture: Constitution, and the Bill of Rights!

Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before Welfare!

NO freebies to: Non-Citizens! We the people are coming!

And above all else, REPEAL that Fuc-king ObamacareClick here to enlarge
    Agree with most of that. But I don't think Obama is the problem like some of you seem to. I pay close attention to Washington and every problem i have seen was created by congress refusing to cooperate with one another and with the president to get things accomplished. In fact, Obama repeatedly tried to compromise with the Republican lawmakers. Now. I am not Democrat or Republican. But from what I have seen in the past 4 years, Obama has attempted to do good things. He is either stopped or what he does is ruined by the childish behavior from today's Republicans in power. Just refusing to do anything at all...really...that is the way they get what they want. And that is just facts my friend, the way things have been going. We have never seen these types of actions from our lawmakers on this scale in another administration.

As far as "Obamacare" goes...well congress jacked up the administrations original intent there pretty bad to. I can't see it working as is. But plenty of other countries have healthcare for all and it works fine. I don't know why we didn't just copy one but meh....Obamacare doesn't really affect me much. I can't see how it can affect you enough to get you riled up.

Just my $0.02
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think there are quite a few folks in this thread that should read the facts about gas prices, before forming an opinion based on someone's blog or hacked Youtube video.

Obama does play a role, not debating that. But there are a couple other factors that play a much larger role, that would be a much better spend of your complaint's time. I list a couple below.

1.) Market: Are you aware that oil is a publicly traded commodity, that can be impacted by the same market fluctuations as a normal stock? If someone on wallstreet says the right thing(be it lie or truth), the gas price we see could skyrocket over night. Heaven forbid there's a weather disaster, especially if it happens to be on my coast...

2.) Taxes: Did you know that your state and local taxes can account for 61%(or more depending on where you live) of the total tax we pay at the pump, per gallon. Federal tax(Obama) is $.184 but the average gas tax in the US last year was $.48. Google what your state is raping your for, then complain to your local folks. (Example - Illinois folks pay $.50, per gallon, in state and local taxes alone.) By the way...taxes make up almost half of the price we pay at the pump.

Just my $.02, but if you're going to bash Obama you might as well add these other folks to your list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Having filled up two passports from working in Europe, I can say that YES I do feel for you guys. Especially the engine tax, as I have sent two cars over to Eastern Europe, where they title your car by engine size. Think registration tax here guys, for us US guys. Anything over 3 liters is a ridiculous fee.

Now with that being said, what is wrong with someone that can afford a viper, or ANY other car over 6.0 liters for buying one?

Its a choice here that some get to make. IMHO it s a wonderful privilege of living in the us.

With that being said, I also fell that the US SHOULD drill in SOME of its reserves. Think Alaska here as we only drill in an area that would fit in PittsburghClick here to enlargecurrently.

The Obamanation blocking the pipeline, give me a break. Canada has/is our best Allie and I was given the wonderful opportunity to race up there for three years. THANKS Bridgstone.

Obama is a bad joke. My taxes went up, did I mention according to his 2008 platform tax examiner that I should receive $1500 more backClick here to enlarge

Housing as for the first time in over 30 years went down
    Click here to enlarge

And the world is laughing at us on a political scale
    Click here to enlarge

C'mon now really? Half the things you just mentioned happened during or were a result of the last administrations policies. And your taxes only went up because tax breaks expired. I've never understood why people will let a couple thousand in taxes decide who they are going to vote for.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Housing as for the first time in over 30 years went downClick here to enlarge

And the world is laughing at us on a political scaleClick here to enlarge

There is nothing wrong with buying what u can afford , but there is something wrong that in these times american car makers fail to make a decent performance car with a small engine.
    Mainly because they just won't sell in the USA . We will all have to think about the future and do something about it, these oil fields are going to be empty someday , so why use those supply's to feed oversized engines?
    I'm sure there will be oil wasted in other areas but using a 6 liter engine on a daily trip to bring the kids to school isn't the solution to the current problems we face.

To give an example , my 3 liter engine costed me 5000€ on registration cause it produces more then 200hp , yearly tax is 800€. For a 4liter engine its 1800€ yearly tax. A 6 liter amg engine will cost between 4 to 5K yearly tax. The new government plans to double that tax on big sized gasoline engines for next year.

In the netherlands for example they have this nice car tax named BPM , a 1 million euro Veyron will cost u 2 million Euro after taxes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Who has ol besides the middle east?
    just us? I really dont know.. but if we have more than all of it over there, we need to start drilling our own. its not gonna run out anytime soon..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Agree with most of that. But I don't think Obama is the problem like some of you seem to. I pay close attention to Washington and every problem i have seen was created by congress refusing to cooperate with one another and with the president to get things accomplished. In fact, Obama repeatedly tried to compromise with the Republican lawmakers. Now. I am not Democrat or Republican. But from what I have seen in the past 4 years, Obama has attempted to do good things. He is either stopped or what he does is ruined by the childish behavior from today's Republicans in power.
    What? Democrats held majority in congress and senate the first two years of Obamas presidency. They had free rein to pass anything and spend as much money as they wished. How do you think Obamacare got passed in the first place.

Things got out of hand. The Republicans took back majority in congress, handing the Dems a beating in elections. Dems still control senate.

Honestly are country has always done best with checks and balances. One party can not control everything, all hell breaks loose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Who has ol besides the middle east?
    just us? I really dont know.. but if we have more than all of it over there, we need to start drilling our own. its not gonna run out anytime soon..
    Whoever said we have more oil in reserve than the middle east, was very wrong. Again I say, check the facts.

The last report didn't even have us in the top 10. Unless we're sandbagging, Canada even ranks higher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ken_C Click here to enlarge
    Whoever said we have more oil in reserve than the middle east, was very wrong. Again I say, check the facts.

The last report didn't even have us in the top 10. Unless we're sandbagging, Canada even ranks higher.
    i could have swore someone here, or maybe FB posted all the amounts of oil and where it is.. with us totaling way more than the M.E.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

i could have swore someone here, or maybe FB posted all the amounts of oil and where it is.. with us totaling way more than the M.E.
    no we don't

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    The government ultimately controls (restricts) the supply ... so why isn't it their fault?
    hah

arent you smart

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

During the Great Recession, America’s wealth has diminished while indebtedness has increased. This is simply a matter of fact. How the United States will marshal its resources and deploy its wealth in the future is a matter of great public debate. Previous installments of the Great Deconstruction series have explored the debate over the growing size of government and the impact the Tea Party movement may have on a possible smaller role for future government.
    The current administration has its own vision of how to address the coming period of deconstruction. John P. Holdren, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology, shied away from using the term “de-development” that he endorsed in past writing. When asked by CNSNews how he would “de-develop” the United States, Holdren said he would use the “free market economy” to implement “stopping the kinds of activities that are destroying the environment and replacing them with activities that would produce both prosperity and environmental equality”.
    But this stated new appreciation for market forces likely does not mean he has shifted from his belief that resources “must be diverted” from advanced countries to the underdeveloped countries. An example of how Holdren’s vision of the future may be implemented as policy in the United States can be found in this administration’s actions towards energy and in particular, oil drilling. The BP oil well, Deep Horizon, has been officially capped yet the federal ban on all drilling in the Gulf remains in place. The administration estimates the ban cost just 8,000 – 12,000 jobs but Baton Rouge-based Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association believes that the moratorium may put as many as 46,000 rig workers out of work. If all workers on deep water rigs were laid off during the suspension, the moratorium would lead to the loss of 23,247 jobs.
    In contrast, the same Administration approved $2 billion in loan guarantees from the US Import Export Bank to Brazil’s state owned oil giant, Petrobas, to open the giant Tupi oilfields in the Santos Basin fields near Rio de Janeiro. The oil recovered from the Tupi fields will not go to the US and US taxpayers, but it will make Brazil richer and energy independent
    Critically much of what the Administration has proposed follows the contours of “de-development”. This can be seen in a host of initiatives that would hit Americans economically from the “cap and trade” scheme, support for solar and wind energy, as well the attempt to regulate greenhouse emissions through the EPA.
    Oddly the Administration has not put much priority on nuclear power, which is arguably the most effective way to reduce greenhouse gases. Despite announcing an $8 billion loan program for nuclear power plant construction, there is only one nuclear power plant under construction in the US, compared to 50 worldwide. Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric, joked that the nuclear industry’s most important output these days is press releases. Nuclear power remains banned in many states. Just 6 states are able to generate more than 40% of their electricity from nuclear power.
    Click here to enlargeThe drive to de-develop America begins with control of energy. This includes actions to restrict access to our natural resources. The United States has 31 billion barrels of oil reserves on-shore in the lower 48 and Alaska. Off-shore oil reserves include 60 billion barrels along the coastal US and 26 billion barrels in off shore Alaska. Yet almost all of these reserves remain untouchable. Drilling in ANWAR is still banned and due to the BP oil leak in the Gulf, a drilling ban remains in place on the only coastal resource previously open for drilling.
    Click here to enlargeThe US oil reserves are a pittance compared to our reserves of oil shale deposits. Estimates put oil shale reserves at 1.5 – 2.0 trillion barrels or five times that of Saudi Arabia. “The technical groundwork may be in place for a fundamental shift in oil shale economics,” the Rand Corporation recently declared. “Advances in thermally conductive in-situ conversion may enable shale-derived oil to be competitive with crude oil at prices below $40 per barrel. If this becomes the case, oil shale development may soon occupy a very prominent position in the national energy agenda.” Shell utilized a process called “in situ” mining, which heats the shale while it’s still in the ground, to the point where the oil leaches from the rock. The process eliminates the need to mine the shale to get to the oil. The Administration has shown little sign of encouraging the development of these resources, particularly in the areas controlled by the federal government.
    US policy towards the coal industry is no more favorable. U.S. coal production decreased in 2009, dropping by 8.5 percent to a level of 1,072.8 million short tons. The decline in coal production in 2009 was the largest percent decline since 1958 and the largest tonnage decline since 1949.
    In sharp contrast, the administration openly promotes green technologies like wind and solar. Unfortunately, these sources provide just 1% of our energy requirements.
    De-development, the Obama Administration’s version of deconstruction, is very different from a growing political movement aimed at reducing the nation’s debt and current spending. The Great Deconstruction will not come from a government policy of reducing energy consumption to bring America into a more correct distribution and use of the world’s resources. Rather, it will come from the people demanding a smaller bureaucracy, more efficient government and government employees actually willing to do the job they are paid to do.
    The election in November offers the most profound choice for the future of America that we have seen in decades. One choice espouses government control of our natural resources, motivated by the strategy of “de-development” and expensive, rationed energy. The other choice seeks deconstruction of unsustainable and dysfunctional bureaucracies and intends to choke off the money supply from Congress and defund these programs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    What? Democrats held majority in congress and senate the first two years of Obamas presidency. They had free rein to pass anything and spend as much money as they wished. How do you think Obamacare got passed in the first place.

Things got out of hand. The Republicans took back majority in congress, handing the Dems a beating in elections. Dems still control senate.

Honestly are country has always done best with checks and balances. One party can not control everything, all hell breaks loose.
    They certainly did not have free reign. That isn't how it works. If you go back and look at everything that happened during the healthcare debate, etc. you are going to see that "obamacare" is hardly that as it wasn't passed in anywhere near the form obama wanted. Both the Senate and Congress had a chance to come up with a bill themselves before Obama even got involved. Even when he stepped in with a plan the numerous filibusters and refusals to cooperate resulted in so many compromises that the bill is nowhere near what was intended.

Trivia bit, did you know that the Senate bill, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, was close to the same as a Republican healthcare reform proposal in 1993? (The Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act of 1993) Also, a Republican proposal in 1994 under the Consumer Choice Health Security Act, contained the same individual mandate.

Yet for some reason everyone is convinced it is "Obamacare" like it was solely his idea and he is completely responsible for everything about how it turned out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They certainly did not have free reign. That isn't how it works. If you go back and look at everything that happened during the healthcare debate, etc. you are going to see that "obamacare" is hardly that as it wasn't passed in anywhere near the form obama wanted. Both the Senate and Congress had a chance to come up with a bill themselves before Obama even got involved. Even when he stepped in with a plan the numerous filibusters and refusals to cooperate resulted in so many compromises that the bill is nowhere near what was intended.
    Doesn't change the fact that the Dems having majority in congress and senate and the Presidency, allowed them to pass Obamacare.

Which now is going to cost $1.76 trillion.

Trivia bit, did you know that the Senate bill, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, was close to the same as a Republican healthcare reform proposal in 1993? (The Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act of 1993) Also, a Republican proposal in 1994 under the Consumer Choice Health Security Act, contained the same individual mandate.

Yet for some reason everyone is convinced it is "Obamacare" like it was solely his idea and he is completely responsible for everything about how it turned out.
    There is a difference between MANDATORY and offered.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't change the fact that the Dems having majority in congress and senate and the Presidency, allowed them to pass Obamacare. Which now is going to cost $1.76 trillion. There is a difference between MANDATORY and offered.
    Honestly I don't understand this line of thinking. We pay for poor people's health regardless. It comes down to this...

-We aren't going to just let people die outside hospitals because they are uninsured and/or poor. Maybe you think we should...there are people that are lazy, useless and abuse the system. There is no doubt of this. But there are hard working people who just can't afford healthcare in the current system. We already pay for them.

-Caring for people at this stage, when the ambulance brings them in more or less, is immensely expensive.

-Preventative care, like you get when you have health insurance, is far far cheaper.

Taxpayers will cover the poor and the lazy regardless. I agree we should not cover the lazy and worthless who won't work for anything because they can get by without doing $#@!. But that is a different issue. Those who say that having people on mandatory healthcare will cost more are simple wrong, or they are fudging the numbers. And you are buying it. Think about though please.

Now I will say that the bill is not how I would have done it. Insurance companies are a major part of the problem in this country as they are a profit motivated middleman with far to much power and pull as to what gets done. If the government ran the insurance themselves it would cut out a whole lot of unneeded profit margin.

Plus lets be honest here....everyone on this site probable has health insurance anyway so that part certainly won't affect you personally.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Taxpayers will cover the poor and the lazy regardless. I agree we should not cover the lazy and worthless who won't work for anything because they can get by without doing $#@!. But that is a different issue. Those who say that having people on mandatory healthcare will cost more are simple wrong, or they are fudging the numbers. And you are buying it. Think about though please..
    Mandatory or required by law is the sticking point with a lot people. In fact some believe it is unconstitutional. We have definitely not heard the end of that fight. The problem for Obama is in order for Obamacare to be anywhere near viable, he needs young healthy adults putting money into the system. If a revision is made to Obamacare and the individual mandate is taken out, it will be a death nail to it. It simply will not have the funding. Many are not opposed to addressing the problems with healthcare. Some just believe at this time with the ever increasing US debt, it just isn't the right time.
    Last edited by M3_WC; 03-13-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

During the Great Recession, America’s wealth has diminished while indebtedness has increased. This is simply a matter of fact. How the United States will marshal its resources and deploy its wealth in the future is a matter of great public debate. Previous installments of the Great Deconstruction series have explored the debate over the growing size of government and the impact the Tea Party movement may have on a possible smaller role for future government.
    The current administration has its own vision of how to address the coming period of deconstruction. John P. Holdren, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology, shied away from using the term “de-development” that he endorsed in past writing. When asked by CNSNews how he would “de-develop” the United States, Holdren said he would use the “free market economy” to implement “stopping the kinds of activities that are destroying the environment and replacing them with activities that would produce both prosperity and environmental equality”.
    But this stated new appreciation for market forces likely does not mean he has shifted from his belief that resources “must be diverted” from advanced countries to the underdeveloped countries. An example of how Holdren’s vision of the future may be implemented as policy in the United States can be found in this administration’s actions towards energy and in particular, oil drilling. The BP oil well, Deep Horizon, has been officially capped yet the federal ban on all drilling in the Gulf remains in place. The administration estimates the ban cost just 8,000 – 12,000 jobs but Baton Rouge-based Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association believes that the moratorium may put as many as 46,000 rig workers out of work. If all workers on deep water rigs were laid off during the suspension, the moratorium would lead to the loss of 23,247 jobs.
    In contrast, the same Administration approved $2 billion in loan guarantees from the US Import Export Bank to Brazil’s state owned oil giant, Petrobas, to open the giant Tupi oilfields in the Santos Basin fields near Rio de Janeiro. The oil recovered from the Tupi fields will not go to the US and US taxpayers, but it will make Brazil richer and energy independent
    Critically much of what the Administration has proposed follows the contours of “de-development”. This can be seen in a host of initiatives that would hit Americans economically from the “cap and trade” scheme, support for solar and wind energy, as well the attempt to regulate greenhouse emissions through the EPA.
    Oddly the Administration has not put much priority on nuclear power, which is arguably the most effective way to reduce greenhouse gases. Despite announcing an $8 billion loan program for nuclear power plant construction, there is only one nuclear power plant under construction in the US, compared to 50 worldwide. Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric, joked that the nuclear industry’s most important output these days is press releases. Nuclear power remains banned in many states. Just 6 states are able to generate more than 40% of their electricity from nuclear power.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ristoil1-1.pngThe drive to de-develop America begins with control of energy. This includes actions to restrict access to our natural resources. The United States has 31 billion barrels of oil reserves on-shore in the lower 48 and Alaska. Off-shore oil reserves include 60 billion barrels along the coastal US and 26 billion barrels in off shore Alaska. Yet almost all of these reserves remain untouchable. Drilling in ANWAR is still banned and due to the BP oil leak in the Gulf, a drilling ban remains in place on the only coastal resource previously open for drilling.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ristoil2-1.pngThe US oil reserves are a pittance compared to our reserves of oil shale deposits. Estimates put oil shale reserves at 1.5 – 2.0 trillion barrels or five times that of Saudi Arabia. “The technical groundwork may be in place for a fundamental shift in oil shale economics,” the Rand Corporation recently declared. “Advances in thermally conductive in-situ conversion may enable shale-derived oil to be competitive with crude oil at prices below $40 per barrel. If this becomes the case, oil shale development may soon occupy a very prominent position in the national energy agenda.” Shell utilized a process called “in situ” mining, which heats the shale while it’s still in the ground, to the point where the oil leaches from the rock. The process eliminates the need to mine the shale to get to the oil. The Administration has shown little sign of encouraging the development of these resources, particularly in the areas controlled by the federal government.
    US policy towards the coal industry is no more favorable. U.S. coal production decreased in 2009, dropping by 8.5 percent to a level of 1,072.8 million short tons. The decline in coal production in 2009 was the largest percent decline since 1958 and the largest tonnage decline since 1949.
    In sharp contrast, the administration openly promotes green technologies like wind and solar. Unfortunately, these sources provide just 1% of our energy requirements.
    De-development, the Obama Administration’s version of deconstruction, is very different from a growing political movement aimed at reducing the nation’s debt and current spending. The Great Deconstruction will not come from a government policy of reducing energy consumption to bring America into a more correct distribution and use of the world’s resources. Rather, it will come from the people demanding a smaller bureaucracy, more efficient government and government employees actually willing to do the job they are paid to do.
    The election in November offers the most profound choice for the future of America that we have seen in decades. One choice espouses government control of our natural resources, motivated by the strategy of “de-development” and expensive, rationed energy. The other choice seeks deconstruction of unsustainable and dysfunctional bureaucracies and intends to choke off the money supply from Congress and defund these programs.
    If these are accurate some great stats in here.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast