Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Stock 2012 DCT M3 with rear section takes on a bolt on Mustange 5.0 from a roll

The Mustang 5.0 is being compared to the M3 pretty frequently although these are not cross shopped cars. Understandable as the M3 is the benchmark and has been since 2008. The Mustang is a great performance value as it has and should be. Well, this 2012 M3 is stock except for a rear section exhaust but it is a dual clutch. The Mustang has an off-road H-pipe (meaning no cats), intake, tune, and exhaust.

From a 40 mph roll the Mustang is able to pull a couple cars. From a lower speed roll the M3 is able to hold a slight advantage. The cars are close enough the weight of the passenger affects the outcome as well as the starting speed. Starting in first gear favors the M3 significantly on the shift. It is surprising though the Mustang was not stronger with a tune, intake, and exhaust as the M3 is basically stock although if it was a manual the 5.0 would have easily had its way with it passenger or no passenger and regardless of the starting speed.

With a full exhaust and tune we would expect the M3 to pull relatively easily. Hopefully we see a rematch when the M3 has equal mods, enjoy the videos.

Click here to enlarge

Camera in M3:

Camera in Mustang:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I need to run @Laloosh from a roll one of these days

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Everyone needs to bring down their cars to NC so I can come watch all these new runs and stuff...please?!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I need to run @Laloosh from a roll one of these days
    Ya, just do that.

Whose m3 is this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No camera man swapping occurred at any point. One passenger each the whole night..

And from a 60 roll, that's a pretty substantial 3 car pull, especially considering I started in 3rd (~4k revs with my 3.31's. Again, I will have rematch videos to come with more convincing results.. Gna try shifting before power drops at ~6.8k and shift a little more confidently with the bracket (though it may have been instigated by me going to almost 7.5k)..

Will definitely update.

Also, with my mods, traps near 120 aren't unheard of, on 93, so I'm betting it's just a matter of getting her consistent.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rmat16 Click here to enlarge
    No camera man swapping occurred at any point. One passenger each the whole night..
    I don't get it then. What's the deal with the second video then?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Actually the second video makes sense now that I looked at the speed. You had an extra shift going from a lower MPH and that is where the DCT gained ground on you. So, the lower the speed the harder for you with your manual.

I'll update the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, please refer to the page 1 link to M3 showing eisenmann race exhaust & x-pipe..

Can't wait to update with more vids Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rmat16 Click here to enlarge
    Also, please refer to the page 1 link to M3 showing eisenmann race exhaust & x-pipe..

Can't wait to update with more vids Click here to enlarge
    Ugh, I'll add this in tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

So is the M3 catless or what? I'm assuming yes with the xpipe, but ya never know..
    My coworkers just got his sct Tuners and intake, says it should be good for 40ish HP, says he actually feels it. He may need to get in on this as well..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes the m3 is catless.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Steve next tuesday at atco? Tuned with an intake and off road x pipe. I will not be granny shifting lol. Tune is basic nothing custom for now. Should be somewhere in the 116-117 range now.

Many people have busted out low 11s na with some in the high tens with proper suspension work. Cars respond very well to mods na.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice kill. Kill that soulless automatic to hell!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Steve next tuesday at atco? Tuned with an intake and off road x pipe. I will not be granny shifting lol. Tune is basic nothing custom for now. Should be somewhere in the 116-117 range now.

Many people have busted out low 11s na with some in the high tens with proper suspension work. Cars respond very well to mods na.
    let me check my schedule before i confirm, but right now i cant see why not.. i may have to get a tune now as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Everyone needs to bring down their cars to NC so I can come watch all these new runs and stuff...please?!

when my build goes to its final stage its getting shipped to Raleigh for the work Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Where in Raleigh? I'm looking for a decent shop to get some pieces put in, I was thinking Eurowise in Charlotte, but we'll have to see...it's my daily and only car so I need the work done quickly ya know? I almost bought a CTS-V instead of my C63...but got a really good deal on my C63 so... Click here to enlarge

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Where in Raleigh? I'm looking for a decent shop to get some pieces put in, I was thinking Eurowise in Charlotte, but we'll have to see...it's my daily and only car so I need the work done quickly ya know? I almost bought a CTS-V instead of my C63...but got a really good deal on my C63 so... Click here to enlarge

Kd Innovations....they do ALOT of NHRA work so these guys know their $#@!....what do you need done?...im sure I can put you in the right hands....and they dont charge an arm and a leg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

and im not sure exactly where since i dont live in NC....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Just for now, it'll be the oil/air separater and probably a front and rear diffuser and maybe a new trunk spoiler or something. The body pieces, I know someone already to do it here locally, but for the oil/air separater and like intake box or LTH or exhaust...I don't have a garage so...Yeah the only real big tuners/good shops that I've heard of are Eurowise and this other place locally in Greensboro but the one in Greensboro usually only works on BMW's...so no clue...we'll see...I'll have to see what happens as I drive the car and as I get the funds to buy and install stuff...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Just for now, it'll be the oil/air separater and probably a front and rear diffuser and maybe a new trunk spoiler or something. The body pieces, I know someone already to do it here locally, but for the oil/air separater and like intake box or LTH or exhaust...I don't have a garage so...Yeah the only real big tuners/good shops that I've heard of are Eurowise and this other place locally in Greensboro but the one in Greensboro usually only works on BMW's...so no clue...we'll see...I'll have to see what happens as I drive the car and as I get the funds to buy and install stuff...
    understood....these things are money pits.....by july ill have dumped about 14k into my car with another 5k to finish it up Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha, yeah...money pits, but fun factories! Click here to enlarge Put money in and get smiles out

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Haha, yeah...money pits, but fun factories! Click here to enlarge Put money in and get smiles out

KD Innovations told me when the whipple goes on im gonna need to invest in a new set of boxers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah I hear those whipples are sick man...great investment! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet! love the sound of the mustang granny shifting! Kinda thinking hard about modding my car now. I've held off for quite a while now.. it's almost been a year :S
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

eurowise in NC is good, id say go there for the small things you want done.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast