Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    How is it more involved than the other manifolds they offer? Looks to be just as complicated.
    It isn't. The market just wasn't ready for it at the time, neither was the tuning or fueling. So now that the latter two are settled, I think it would slot very nicely in the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    It isn't. The market just wasn't ready for it at the time, neither was the tuning or fueling. So now that the latter two are settled, I think it would slot very nicely in the market.
    I know Click here to enlarge

It's just comical that the guy who just released the same/similar product just shot it down as unreliable and to costly to manufacture.

Shiv? Is that you?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol the irony!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you cry babies can't afford the single kits on the market now, then your time would be better spent working more to save up for a kit rather than $#@!ing like little girls on here all the time. Make your own kit, source it from a local fabricator, whatever, but just shut up already. All your whining and complaining on here is NOT going to convince a forum sponsored vendor to make you one because you seem like problem customers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    p-cars are for snobs
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    all p-cars, no exceptions lol even shiv owns one
    Quoted for irony, lol.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    If you cry babies can't afford the single kits on the market now, then your time would be better spent working more to save up for a kit rather than $#@!ing like little girls on here all the time. Make your own kit, source it from a local fabricator, whatever, but just shut up already. All your whining and complaining on here is NOT going to convince a forum sponsored vendor to make you one because you seem like problem customers.
    LOL, so sad but true.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    LOL, so sad but true.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar...amirite!?! Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, a comment of yours I like.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You catch more flies with honey than vinegar...amirite!?! Lol
    You can catch more flies with dog $#@! than either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    I guess I don't understand how the market wasn't ready. Didn't this come out about the same time as vishnu fftec kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    I guess I don't understand how the market wasn't ready. Didn't this come out about the same time as vishnu fftec kit?
    which i think was harming market perception

procede is a $#@! piggyback

fftec vishnu singles ran like $#@! for years

'oh no the N54 can't handle a single turbooo1!111!!'

market not ready
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That makes no sense. By your logic people should have embraced this emediatley over the "horrible" product that was on the market. Dont make thiss a tuner issue when it is not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RocedeI think you're slightly confused. From what I've read, which is all you can personally day on the matter as well, is that jb users are no better off drivability wise than the procede users.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    which i think was harming market perception

procede is a $#@! piggyback

fftec vishnu singles ran like $#@! for years

'oh no the N54 can't handle a single turbooo1!111!!'

market not ready

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    That makes no sense. By your logic people should have embraced this emediatley over the "horrible" product that was on the market. Dont make thiss a tuner issue when it is not.
    but people HAVE embraced it

there used to be what.. maybe 5 FFTEC/vishnu singles? for a year+.. there's probably closer to 50 these days.

the only barrier these days, really, is cost.. which will never really change too much.

RocedeI think you're slightly confused. From what I've read, which is all you can personally day on the matter as well, is that jb users are no better off drivability wise than the procede users.
    how are they not?

it was years and zero running ST's at airstrip events before terry (and dzenno, for that matter, working it out on cobb only) came on and.. well there's LOADS of 60-130's and people running ST's at said events now

everyone in the N54 scene should know how bad procede tuned cars have historically run compared to other options (and how many more have blown up).

for years the procede was the 'only' setup capable of running a single turbo, and for years it was VERY obvious that no customer car was making power HEALTHILY.. the only runs/reports really were from the original shop car.

the times have changed

i'm sure even the procede powered ones are running better than they used to, because more people with other tunes have had the ability to run well.

and yeah no doubt there's still issues to work out on the Jb/cobb powered ones... but seems to me it's a lot smoother than a couple years ago.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=Flinchy;591714]but people HAVE embraced it

there used to be what.. maybe 5 FFTEC/vishnu singles? for a year+.. there's probably closer to 50 these days.

the only barrier these days, really, is cost.. which will never really change too much.

how are they not?

it was years and zero running ST's at airstrip events before terry (and dzenno, for that matter, working it out on cobb only) came on and.. well there's LOADS of 60-130's and people running ST's at said events now

everyone in the N54 scene should know how bad procede tuned cars have historically run compared to other options (and how many more have blown up).

for years the procede was the 'only' setup capable of running a single turbo, and for years it was VERY obvious that no customer car was making power HEALTHILY.. the only runs/reports really were from the original shop car.

Too much speculation in your post. Unless you had a procede powered single that blew up because of the tune, its forum fodder but please provide links. But i will play... You said there where only about 5 procede cars then vs. 50 now you talked aboutall the vendors and shift sector and all these great running cars that we are getting truly awsome numbers out of.

Take a look at the time from when shiv/fftec first released there kit till the time they made the sub 11 sec 1/4. You said there was only about 5 cars then. One managed to get there. but you didnt get any customer numbers because the cars "ran horrible and blew up".
    Now you have easily 100 time the amount of cars making that same level of power on different tunes and hardwarebut not ONE set of numbers that surpassed his. Why? when those vishnu/fftec kit guys said they dont care about drag #'s the communtiy gave them $#@! and said they are hiding something. Remeber Vargas dyno tested his stage 3 about that time as well has had stage 2-PI, RB"s etc all runnig on cobb and JB. everyone else has had 3 times the amount of time to set this record at equal or better power levels. Where are all the Drag racers shp or customer? "thats the only number we care about" Are these people hiding something? may they blew up too . Click here to enlargeIm not saying the procede was better, But it and fftec where not holding the market back. Hell they created the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^ give this guy a cookie! He gets it. Procede, and JB tuned singles all have "issues" with running smoothly when not in boost. This has been talked about over and over. Of all people, flinchy, you should know as you frequent these boards more than sticky does. As far as Cobb smoothness, I haven't heard anything one way or the other.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, there still hasn't been an n54 failure that wasn't, or didn't appear to be, meth related to my knowledge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

^^^ give this guy a cookie! He gets it. Procede, and JB tuned singles all have "issues" with running smoothly when not in boost. This has been talked about over and over. Of all people, flinchy, you should know as you frequent these boards more than sticky does. As far as Cobb smoothness, I haven't heard anything one way or the other.
    Eh?

Anyone who frequents the forums even half as much as me should agree for the most part :/

I'm not saying the JB4 ones are 10/10 perfectly smooth.. but they sure as hell got smoother than any procede powered one in a fraction of the time. (not to mention more transparent)

also, should be noted the vishnu 10.x one was not only a shop car with likely thousands of hours more dev time (remember this was also before the days EVERYONE knew meth was needed for fuelling reasons), but also completely gutted and a single glory run never to be even close to matched by even the same car.

again, anyone who spends time on the forums should remember the posts/videos of the early FFTEC adopters not being able to compete in any roll events AT ALL... for what was it.. more than a year no?

No, i'm not circlejerking with some procede hate, i'm working with the info given to me, and that info is that before singles were tuneable on JB/cobb, they weren't running even remotely well on procede.. personally i have no preference between most of them, but i'll run whatever is best for me to run when the time comes.. but procede isn't even close to being on that list for a variety of reasons.

there were very few dynos, people parting out/selling cars out of the blue... everyone should remember that.

Also, there still hasn't been an n54 failure that wasn't, or didn't appear to be, meth related to my knowledge.
    there's been a couple on here that showed up not being due to meth unless i'm remembering incorrectly?

I'm not saying there's been a LOT.. but i remember at least one this year with a hole straight through the block from a massive lean-out/way too much timing in the back end tune, not running meth at all?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    To be fair, more jb equipped cars have grenades than procede cars. Also, without Shiv, we'd still be staring at 1st Gen rb and Vargas turbos. Shiv and crews work paved the way for the backend flash and the method of running a single setup that is still in use now. Love him or hate him, he deserves credit. Also, until 6 cylinder monitoring, the procede controller was still better than the jb, and id only consider the jb better now because of the 6 cylinder monitoring. I will admit though, Terry has ALWAYS had better customer service by a wide margin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv and crews work paved the way for the backend flash
    Are you $#@!ing kidding me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Are you $#@!ing kidding me?

you tell me which backend flash came first big guy...the one from shiv, the one from terry, or the bimmerboost one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

you tell me which backend flash came first big guy...the one from shiv, the one from terry, or the bimmerboost one?
    The ones Dzenno shared would be the correct answer(you can search for the thread detailing Cobb's use as fuel control if you want) Shiv waged war against back end flashes until he released his own.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cobb ones, i'd think? :/ (as above, from dzenno)

BB flash and OFT came out roughly at the same time too?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    The ones Dzenno shared would be the correct answer(you can search for the thread detailing Cobb's use as fuel control if you want) Shiv waged war against back end flashes until he released his own.
    I know Shiv got a good deal of table info from D for the open flash tablet, but he already had the single turbo backend flash. Before the oft you had to send your dme to him to flash it to run the single. If D helped him with that, I don't know. If he did then he deserves credit as well.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    cobb ones, i'd think? :/ (as above, from dzenno)

BB flash and OFT came out roughly at the same time too?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast