Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cam, I think you might be mistaken, I believe that is the vid you saw and the conversation was why is the boost showing 1-2 psi higher than advertised. We learnt that the 13psi figure is based on dyno runs and on the street, with more load the boost will be slightly higher. I believe the night Rob did these runs it was very cool out, which will also increase boost slightly. I would conclude that the boost is normal and not raised.

With the extra load on the street and a nice cool night, Rob's car could very well have been making over 700rwhp that night.

Combine the extra power with a good track and it could be possible, just maybeeeee.

In my opinion though, the timing system was off and not calibrated correctly.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    when i was stage 2 i would hit 15 psi as well. it has something to do with the boost targeting that the AEM does. ive actually seen 20 psi on my 2.5 (pump gas is set at 18psi) on rare occasion. but i speak in spikes it doesnt run those pressures consistantly just for a few seconds.
    Pump is set at 16psi on stage 2.5 pump mode no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pretty sure Im at 18 for low boost and 22 for high boost. SBBC allows for 16 psi to 90mph then it jumps to 18 high boost is 19 until 90 then 22 after. I'll have to looks again when i take the car out tonight.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    pretty sure Im at 18 for low boost and 22 for high boost. SBBC allows for 16 psi to 90mph then it jumps to 18 high boost is 19 until 90 then 22 after. I'll have to looks again when i take the car out tonight.
    So what is the consensus? The avg. Stage 2 HPF should trap low 130s and Robert trapped 139 with what appears to be proper boost for an HPF stage 2 setup? This is the Spokane Washington non NHRA approved track (he is not wearing a helmet on every run)? Is it on a decline or something? Anyone know the elevation there? Is his tune running more aggressive timing or is he using race gas in that runb? Does standard HPF stage 2 run 100 percent meth or 50/50 and maybe he has a 100 meth tune?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted325is Click here to enlarge
    So what is the consensus? The avg. Stage 2 HPF should trap low 130s and Robert trapped 139 with what appears to be proper boost for an HPF stage 2 setup? This is the Spokane Washington non NHRA approved track (he is not wearing a helmet on every run)? Is it on a decline or something? Anyone know the elevation there? Is his tune running more aggressive timing or is he using race gas in that runb? Does standard HPF stage 2 run 100 percent meth or 50/50 and maybe he has a 100 meth tune?
    He was def running 110+octane plus 100% meth, that is what the kit is setup to do for it's highest power setting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    He was def running 110+octane plus 100% meth, that is what the kit is setup to do for it's highest power setting.
    So I assume then that his tune runs more aggressive timing than other stage 2 HPF cars. Can anyone contact Rob to enlighten us here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1793 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted325is Click here to enlarge
    So I assume then that his tune runs more aggressive timing than other stage 2 HPF cars. Can anyone contact Rob to enlighten us here?
    It may be a combination of this and the track reading high. His boost was right on though so even if the timing was more aggressive it could not be to a level that would account for a 10 mph trap speed difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123