Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ Boost looks fine there?
    Yes it does, so it seems like its not the boost excuse. The only thing left would be the track i guess... Although his driving and traction looked pretty good in the video as well. But 139mph trap, geez...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CardCounter from bf.c (Ulysses) ran an 11.4 at 126.49 at 540whp on the ICS dyno:

http://bmwturbo328.com/11.4.wmv

He trapped 134 with 600whp as measured on the ICS dyno:

http://bmwturbo328.com/134mph.wmv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Notice also his dyno: 648 rwhp @ 13 psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    As I have stated before, my best trap is 136 and I am stage 2.5. I was on street tires so basically had traction issues through third, but still my car is a beast from 3rd on (ran a 5.92 second 60-130 on that run) so I don't know that I would trap that much better on DRs. But yes, I was pretty pissed to "only trap that" in comparison to the stage 2 car.
    Would you mind posting how much WHP you are making?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted325is Click here to enlarge
    CardCounter from bf.c (Ulysses) ran an 11.4 at 126.49 at 540whp on the ICS dyno:

http://bmwturbo328.com/11.4.wmv

He trapped 134 with 600whp as measured on the ICS dyno:

http://bmwturbo328.com/134mph.wmv
    His 134 trap was @ 635 IIRC. Just so everything is 100% by the book. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tron Click here to enlarge
    His 134 trap was @ 635 IIRC. Just so everything is 100% by the book. Click here to enlarge
    Oops I linked the wrong vid:

Here is the vid where he was "around 600whp at 1.5 bar" on the ICS dyno:

http://bmwturbo328.com/ceicel%20drag.wmv

12.61 at 130.61

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so i found an older thread of his when he had the Stg 1 HPF kit. He ran at the same track and was running a 133mph trap.

It looks like when he switched to the Stg 2 he made some more power and is able to run another 5-6mph from his previous Stg 1 kit. Looking at all the info it looks all legit. The only conclusion is that he is a good driver and the track registers higher trap speed numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Ok so i found an older thread of his when he had the Stg 1 HPF kit. He ran at the same track and was running a 133mph trap.

It looks like when he switched to the Stg 2 he made some more power and is able to run another 5-6mph from his previous Stg 1 kit. Looking at all the info it looks all legit. The only conclusion is that he is a good driver and the track registers higher trap speed numbers.
    Is this regarding the higher boost cam attests to?

Cam is quite the detective, I tend to believe him if he says he saw the video with his own two eyes, rather than you piecing together dynos from all different tracks and years and arbitrarily deciding what PSI he was at.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Plus 1. I dont think Cam is bsing.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cam is quite the detective, I tend to believe him if he says he saw the video with his own two eyes, rather than you piecing together dynos from all different tracks and years and arbitrarily deciding what PSI he was at.
    I dont know what video Cam saw, he also says its deleted. However we have his video from the 1/4 mile track while he was running the 137-139 traps and they show his boost as normal I think. 14psi seems like its normal but im kind of starting to believe that some HPF stg 2 cars are making more then others (specifically the ones that are installed at HPF). And from what i know they were still custom tuning at that point, i dont know if they are doing that now. Their AEM main tuner is no longer with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know what video Cam saw, he also says its deleted. However we have his video from the 1/4 mile track while he was running the 137-139 traps and they show his boost as normal I think. 14psi seems like its normal but im kind of starting to believe that some HPF stg 2 cars are making more then others (specifically the ones that are installed at HPF). And from what i know they were still custom tuning at that point, i dont know if they are doing that now. Their AEM main tuner is no longer with them.
    I really doubt Cam is lying. See my post in the other thread. There are way too many variables to come to an actual conclusion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

He isn't arbitrarily piecing together info, he posted the video and the slips right there for you.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Exactly, this vid clearly shows the boost is normal.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

13-14psi is what is advertised. Rob was running 14-15psi in the video (which other stage 2 cars sometimes hit). Rob has told me specifically that he was fully detuned back to stage 2 specs for that run:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...8&postcount=60

But like Vik said, Rob's car also appears to be a strong example (648rwhp vs ~620ish average stage 2). And he actually was able to accelerate decently the full 1/4 mile (1.9 60') due to his DRs (normal street tires seem to be triggering DSC cutting power)

Edit: Here's the video -- On the first run (138mph) in 4th gear the boost actually spikes to 16-17psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Their AEM main tuner is no longer with them.
    Wow, JP is gone? Explains some of the delays with the 335... I ought to send Chris my resume Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    Wow, JP is gone? Explains some of the delays with the 335... I ought to send Chris my resume Click here to enlarge
    Just out of curiosity, I have seen you post some great info. Do you have any more experience in the BMW tuning scene than you have let on?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Boosted why you asking to run a guy in Maryland. When I'm here waiting. New suspension and tires are here but I've made $#@! money this month. So instead of wasting all my dough and wait for some
    good checks. Then I'll be ready for anyone who wants to have some fun. E36 mod squad vs my crappy hpf car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity, I have seen you post some great info. Do you have any more experience in the BMW tuning scene than you have let on?
    just an underemployed mechanical engineer who's done pretty much everything with supras and fell in love with the s54...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Just for the record. I see 13-14lbs allday but have seen spikes to 15-16. Once in awhile. Just now when I was on 95 i seen 15.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So this vid doesn't exist anymore or can we repost it here and put this to rest with proof?
    The vid does not exist anymore as far as I am aware.
    Im doing some digging on this and found alot! He actually ran a 137, 138 and a 139 trap.

Here is the 139 slip.

Click here to enlarge

And the video from the track! It shows a normal 14psi, sometimes it spikes to 15psi but thats not that big of a deal. What do normal stg 2 HPF cars run? 14psi?
    That is not the video I remember. I remember a solid 17. There was a discussion about it. Now there is no proof so I guess why beat a horse we don't know exists without proof.

However I would like to see a recent video of him at the strip and see what psi and what he traps. If he traps much less then something was changed and there is a reason why. You don't just make 137-139 traps with a kit that consistantly churns 126-130 traps and all the dyno sheets are within 20whp.

FYI: I have met Robert in person and like the guy. He is one of the coolest modded car owners I have met in person actually. However, I won't hide what I remember seeing for anything.
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 06-04-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

when i was stage 2 i would hit 15 psi as well. it has something to do with the boost targeting that the AEM does. ive actually seen 20 psi on my 2.5 (pump gas is set at 18psi) on rare occasion. but i speak in spikes it doesnt run those pressures consistantly just for a few seconds.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive met Robert as well, nice dude for sure. Cam is also a good guy and i dont doubt what he saw. I too remember some conversation about an HPF car and 17psi, i was in that convo for sure...

I just dont know what is going on here lol... Im trying to find any info i can on the track and see if trap speed numbers are exploited. So far, nothing... It seems like a good track but nothing out of the norm of east coast tracks.

Also the other thread is showing lots of 1/4 mile stats, with one E36 running a 137 trap at ATCO and makes 640whp just like Robert.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive met Robert as well, nice dude for sure. Cam is also a good guy and i dont doubt what he saw. I too remember some conversation about an HPF car and 17psi, i was in that convo for sure...

I just dont know what is going on here lol... Im trying to find any info i can on the track and see if trap speed numbers are exploited. So far, nothing... It seems like a good track but nothing out of the norm of east coast tracks.

Also the other thread is showing lots of 1/4 mile stats, with one E36 running a 137 trap at ATCO and makes 640whp just like Robert.
    Yeah we are just going to have to leave it at this I believe. The video above looks like one of his other videos wher he trapped less before HPF went for the stock s54 record. Anyway, we know what the typical Stage 2s are trapping, what dynojet whp they make and what psi they are all running. There might have been Stage 2.5s and 3s at the strip by now but I haven't read about them. You would know well before I since I don't read much at all on m3forum due to the politics and still not so much on e46fanatics.

The e36 running 137 is the ICS yellow e36 in the videos in the other thread, George's car. He turned the boost up to 19 or more for that using a GT4088R t4 turbo which has been known to make near 800whp maxing but at least a healthy mid 700s. I bet he was well above 600whp there and the car is what 3100 without driver I assume?
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They did turn up the boost for dyno purposes, these were the times were HPF and I were battling for HP numbers. From what i heard though they took his boost back down to normal numbers after the dyno. However this makes more sense if they left him with 2-3 psi more then others. I just dont understand why he is not telling the whole story if thats the case. We asked him recently about his 137 trap and he didnt say anything as far as his car being out of the norm for a HPF stg 2...

The track he ran at was NHRA calibrated from what i read (after we asked him that question as well). It can be like Sac Town and ATCO where trap mph is higher then other tracks though.
    The track Rob hit that 137 trap at was not an NHRA approved strip at the time, that may explain the trap speeds, although I can't say for certain. I don't think Rob would lie about the boost and I do remember the in car vid that read 13psi peak. ATCO, MIR and Sac all are fast tracks, but as far as I know no stock Z06 has ever trapped 129 at Sac, but it has at MIR, and an HPF Stage 2 trapped 127 at Sac and 111 on pump in cool temps, they have trapped higher in Vegas.
    Last edited by DLSJ5; 06-05-2010 at 12:57 AM.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Just soaking in the info that is being given. From the vids and other slips of people running in a similar ballpark, they don't seem like anomalies much?

I may just be mistaken ofcourse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast