Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Glimpse of what MSD80 is capable of

I forgot I took these screen shots last weekend when I was testing my MSD80 translation. I rediscovered them today so I decided to share:

1. MSD80 is capable to make per cylinder adaptations based on rough running:

Click here to enlarge

2. MSD80 Injector adaptation values based on rough running detection:
    Click here to enlarge

3. Injector duty cycle:
    Click here to enlarge

Number 3 above can hint about possible limitations on the fueling system. If the injectors reach max duty cycle or their time window, you know you won't be able to squirt more fuel in the combustion chamber without other modifications

I'll add more screenshots as I finish translating everything. Clearly, I've missed some sections.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I forgot I took these screen shots last weekend when I was testing my MSD80 translation. I rediscovered them today so I decided to share:

1. MSD80 is capable to make per cylinder adaptations based on rough running:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4...-Detection.png

2. MSD80 Injector adaptation values based on rough running detection:
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-W...ughRunning.png

3. Injector duty cycle:
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-R...DutyCycles.png

Number 3 above can hint about possible limitations on the fueling system. If the injectors reach max duty cycle or their time window, you know you won't be able to squirt more fuel in the combustion chamber without other modifications

I'll add more screenshots as I finish translating everything. Clearly, I've missed some sections.
    injector adaptation values? I wonder if any of those values have anything to do with the timing flatline which plagues me more so than others. I never replaced my injectors so I seriously doubt they are coded incorrectly.

Is it possible to "reset" injector adaptation values or what-not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. It is possible to reset every single adaptation value for the injectors!

Actually, I am thinking of reworking my Injector Coding DIY to include a reset of all adaptations for the Injectors upon replacement.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. It is possible to reset every single adaptation value for the injectors!

Actually, I am thinking of reworking my Injector Coding DIY to include a reset of all adaptations for the Injectors upon replacement.
    Looks like I might have to buy onebadmofo a six pack for some assistance. Click here to enlarge you could reset the injectors with the Cobb loaded? Or would you have to unmarry before coding?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I still can't rep yet but sweet post! I cant wait to see what else Inpa has to offer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Looks like I might have to buy onebadmofo a six pack for some assistance. Click here to enlarge you could reset the injectors with the Cobb loaded? Or would you have to unmarry before coding?
    The screen shots you see are with Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive on the ECU. No, you don't need to unmary the AP. If you have a piggies stacked on, you need to put it in full by-pass mode and disable all CAN hi-jacking.

There will be video guides coming soon, I promise. I'll also put MSD80.ipo in English for download.

P.S.:You can log and view these values live on a dyno pull or when driving, although I don't recommend this for safety reasons. Click here to enlarge
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The screen shots you see are with Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive on the ECU. No, you don't need to unmary the AP. If you have a piggies stacked on, you need to put it in full by-pass mode and disable all CAN hi-jacking.

There will be video guides coming soon, I promise. I'll also put MSD80.ipo in English for download.

P.S.:You can log and view these values live on a dyno pull or when driving, although I don't recommend this for safety reasons. Click here to enlarge
    I want to see what my injectors (particularly cylinder 1, 4, 5) do during a timing flatline. It would be funny if I could fix this via INPA Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

For someone not car smart what does this mean? And I am scheduled to be Pro tuned in April is this something I should suggest to them to mess with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's not something you can mess with. Those adaptation values are generated by the ECU itself based on observations from the engine. Those values can only be reset, cleared to defaults and observed.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok Vas thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, I'm just too scared to mess something up if I were to dig into coding the car. I'm a total IT noob Click here to enlarge

Awesome findings though, Vasillalov! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

this looks exciting, but no news for a while? thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice info. Rep to you.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    this looks exciting, but no news for a while? thank you
    What do you mean no news for a while?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hi. Meaning I got my obd cable working with vassilalov's advice on another forum. Was searching for his name and didn't realise he was working on translating up to date inpa. Potentially big news but dropping down the list of threads because no new posts.

presumably because busy on other things.

a bit of the German I can find my way around, but too many words like 'delete' and 'reset' make me wary of being too trigger happy.

Cheers
    Chris

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys,

Yeah I dropped the ball on translating the MSD80 file for a while. Couple of reasons:

1. I thought I was done with the translation and during final testing I realized that I've somehow missed a few sections. So now I have to go back and dig them up and find what I missed. We are taking about sifting through 22,000 lines of data. Not an easy task.

2. I've been told that there is a new data files. I've not looked into this yet, but if there are indeed new data files, I'd rather translate translate those.

As it stands right now, I won't have time to get into this till middle of next week. I have an out of state track day coming up this weekend, a job interview on Tuesday and a plethora of other appointments. Click here to enlarge
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's fine, I don't think there is a huge rush.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Guys,

Yeah I dropped the ball on translating the MSD80 file for a while. Couple of reasons:

1. I thought I was done with the translation and during final testing I realized that I've somehow missed a few sections. So now I have to go back and dig them up and find what I missed. We are taking about sifting through 22,000 lines of data. Not an easy task.

2. I've been told that there is a new data files. I've not looked into this yet, but if there are indeed new data files, I'd rather translate translate those.

As it stands right now, I won't have time to get into this till middle of next week. I have an out of state track day coming up this weekend, a job interview on Tuesday and a plethora of other appointments. Click here to enlarge
    No problem.

To keep me going, do you mind if I am a bit cheeky and ask for which buttons, f9 etc I need to press to get to the cylinder noise screen. I thought I could blag it but lambda appears multiple times.

Thank you

P.s. Good luck with job interview

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bump Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought i was going to stumble into a thread that had some amazing stuff in it (which it does), but I knew MSD80 did this back in 2006. The GT1 and ISIS will show these values and a LOT more, which I have been using since then, so this did not strike me as anything new lol Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I thought i was going to stumble into a thread that had some amazing stuff in it (which it does), but I knew MSD80 did this back in 2006. The GT1 and ISIS will show these values and a LOT more, which I have been using since then, so this did not strike me as anything new lol Click here to enlarge

True, but the average BMW enthusiast has no access to GT1 or ISIS. Click here to enlarge

Edit: The primary reason why I created this thread in the first place was because I was trying to show Lord Voldemort that he was wrong about a whole bunch of things he said on various threads a while back.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    double post lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True, but the average BMW enthusiast has no access to GT1 or ISIS. Click here to enlarge

Edit: The primary reason why I created this thread in the first place was because I was trying to show Lord Voldemort that he was wrong about a whole bunch of things he said on various threads a while back.

A gt1 can be had for about 500-1000 bucks these days, ISIS for 3k. Just think, for the price of that Helix intercooler you always wanted, you could buy the factory diag equipment and have test plans and diagrams to work from, and do all your friends cars as well Click here to enlarge.

I intend on acquiring both of these once i get my own place up and going Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @vasillalov , did you ever get the file translated?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    A gt1 can be had for about 500-1000 bucks these days, ISIS for 3k. Just think, for the price of that Helix intercooler you always wanted, you could buy the factory diag equipment and have test plans and diagrams to work from, and do all your friends cars as well Click here to enlarge.

I intend on acquiring both of these once i get my own place up and going Click here to enlarge
    What all do you need for a GT1? Looks like the GT1 and software and an IBM T30 laptop?

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast