Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    ...and yeah Jeff@TopGearSolutions is nothing but a drop-shipping monkey operating out of Excel! Can't even set up a simple web site... Pathetic at best.
    Jeff is a good guy. And there's nothing wrong with not having a 15,000 square foot warehouse.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Last night he posted an excel spreadsheet of his sales to show he's not just a proceed salesman. He then realized how $#@!ing trashy that looks and immediately took it down. Though most people still saw it. I wish I would have saved it. I was too tired to respond and passed out.
    Retired: 2008 e92 - 388whp, 423 wtrq
    New Toy: N54/DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He was a decent guy. Now he hangs on shivs every word. A few days ago shiv said something about not being impressed by the automatic guys' times. Jeff immediately ran to his post in agreeance. "hana yeah I know doesn't take much to just stop on the gas pedal and hold on."

I said good job alienating and insulting 80% of your customer base. He immediately had the posts deleted.
    Retired: 2008 e92 - 388whp, 423 wtrq
    New Toy: N54/DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Shiv also jokingly called BMW buyers "bluetooth earpeice wearing snob types" or something to that effect. Insulted everyone on e90post lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Shiv doesnt know how not to look down on people. Thinking hes better/above everyone is exactly why he is the way he is.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Be real driving an auto requires zero skill.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I got my 3 to be my DD, my previous car was a 6 speed and being in traffic all day was a serious PITA. I intentionally looked for an auto and have not regretted it for a second. Pushing a clutch does not make you a better driver or smarter person, particularly if an auto is faster than a 6m. Soon everyone will likely be driving a DCT anyway, but there is no reason to hate on Autos, just be happy that we all have a choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I been driving manuals for 10 years before I finally got an auto N54, best decision ever!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I still think that the manual 6 in the N54 gives you the best and most precise control of throttle. You can always choose what gear you're in, modulate the throttle more properly, do more precise drifting and so forth. The automatic; however, is faster when shifting, easier to launch and provides unparalleled comfort - this is why I drive an AT. The paddles and any sort of shifting with them, however; is a joke... this is definitely not a DCT.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    I got my 3 to be my DD, my previous car was a 6 speed and being in traffic all day was a serious PITA. I intentionally looked for an auto and have not regretted it for a second. Pushing a clutch does not make you a better driver or smarter person, particularly if an auto is faster than a 6m. Soon everyone will likely be driving a DCT anyway, but there is no reason to hate on Autos, just be happy that we all have a choice.
    Whats does your daily driving auto transmission choice have anything to do jeffs comment regarding a sick 60 foot time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let's be real Clap. Driving a 6MT requires almost no skill either. I've been driving manual cars since I turned 16. There's definitely nothing special in terms of skill or ability that separates the two.

I'll be the first to admit, I should have bought a manual 335i. But I came from a Mustang and I had a bad taste in my mouth for manuals since that experience. And all the manuals around here were not equipped
    with any options whatsoever. Seems like BMW thought that only auto drivers wanted premium package / etc. So I ended up with an AT instead of special ordering.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Seems like BMW thought that only auto drivers wanted premium package / etc.
    Mine is a 2008 E90 with Sport, Premium, Convenience, Cold packages, 6-mt, and all of the rest of the electronic add-ons except the i-Drive. I actually lucked out on it when I was buying it as I did not much about the packages back then. I just wanted the N54 engine, RWD and leather.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whats does your daily driving auto transmission choice have anything to do jeffs comment regarding a sick 60 foot time?
    I feel the hate when you talk about an Auto for whatever reason. I am perfectly happy with my choice and you seem to be happy with yours. Maybe you resent that it is easier to pull off a sick 60' time with an auto ... but evidently that takes some skill since not that many people are able to do that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joeyballs Click here to enlarge
    He was a decent guy. Now he hangs on shivs every word. A few days ago shiv said something about not being impressed by the automatic guys' times. Jeff immediately ran to his post in agreeance. "hana yeah I know doesn't take much to just stop on the gas pedal and hold on."

I said good job alienating and insulting 80% of your customer base. He immediately had the posts deleted.
    Riiiiiight... Considering we shift manually, does it really take that much more brainpower and coordination to modulate your left and right feet? Sounds like an excuse used by those that cant do it..

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I can row gears with the best of them. I have many that can vouch for me. Its a little funny that those saying a manual car is just as easy to go fast in all own automatics. Theres no bog in an auto car. Theres no ripping tires apart on a shift. Theres boost before you even get moving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you should learn some things about sports drivingautomatic friends ...Click here to enlarge

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jeff asked me to post this on his behalf since he isnt allowed to post.

Chris please send this on my behalf:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    ...and yeah Jeff@TopGearSolutions is nothing but a drop-shipping monkey operating out of Excel! Can't even set up a simple web site... Pathetic at best.
    Hey Vas,

First and foremost it would be outrageous to think that a 9 month old business would have the warehouse capabilities to inventory all 2000 products we have listed on our site, and adding more daily. 90% of this industry is drop shipped, even big name guys in the industry. You really wouldnt know, however, unless you were in the business. Although contrary to popular belief in the past few months we've been gather inventory on many popular products it just comes in time of course. In turn that allows for a greater shipping response and extra discounts to the customer. All of this is been done as fast as possible to get more inventory and get the consumer the products. I currently have a stack of parts sitting right next to me, some of which are Cobb Ap's.

We actually have a very sophisticated website. We pay an extra premium for the services it offers to not only the consumer but the background work it offers us as a business. My personal excel sheet is the back up of the website so I can get an at a glance picture of what products are moving, it simply easier for me and works quite well. Spreads sheets are used in many industries today and in fortune 100 and 500 companies, trust me I know, I worked for them. Not only does my website handle the transaction, shipping control, coupon manager, shipping manager and the like but so does paypal, so we have two dedicated system for product management and control. Since our new website we've had many people thank us for the changes. It makes shopping a lot easier and there are next to zero glitches in the system. The advanced search feature and filtering is really nice too. We took on that extra expense for all those features for the consumer.

I hope many people realize we are in business to help. When I started this company I had every intention of being the best vendor for N54/N55 community. I wanted to offer the most information and be the most helpful.

Does anyone know why?

I was tired of all the other vendors, prancing around, simply making for sale threads, with no help to the community. I was tired of other vendors with their huge biases towards products and not offering them all to the community.

It's a shame people think I'm some mysterious shiv fanboi and on his payroll. I havnt sold a thing from Vishnu in months and believe me I'm not getting a check from him on a bi-weekly basis.

I'm present in Cobb threads and I would love to join on Terry's threads but hes not on e90.

I stand by every tuner here. Especially the ones working day in and day out for you guys. I know how it is. I've been tuning and tweaking cars for over decade now and not just my own.

I have a very large presence on the clubrsx community, mainly in the supercharged section as that was my forte. To this day I'm still in there helping out the new members, with troubleshooting, and tuning online or in person if applicable.

It's a shame some people feel the need to talk such negativity about me and the company when I do so much for you guys, if only you really knew.

I wish there was more to say but I really dont understand all the hate.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    I can't find that spreadsheet that everyone referring too, where is it?
    I still have it. My first 20 customers of the month had 9 cobb's sold. There are few guys that keep thinking my agenda is backing up Shiv, and only selling his products where is in the list of products sold this month and last nothing from Vishnu comes up except for some meth bung adapters and maybe a PWM charge pipe.

Ironically I havnt sold his tune in months, and any other agreement with Shiv was done on my own merit. I'll agree with anyone if they make a valid point, seriously.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Jeff is a good guy. And there's nothing wrong with not having a 15,000 square foot warehouse.
    Thanks Brey.

We have an excellent following and many repeat buyers just like yourself. There are some people that will never be pleased and I really can't do much about it without them letting me know what I can do for them. If any of the people hating actually bought a product from me, I would be the first person to help them out with whatever they need. Sadly, there is just a group of people talking smack and frankly its only a bunch of misunderstandings that has lead to this. If people took the time to work out the misunderstandings they would see I'm here in good faith.

I'm not sure why they need to poke fun and talk down, I really dont.

Perhaps everyone wants me to be the Robot that all the other vendors are? Only posting for sale threads? Offer no help to the community. Not keeping up with what is going and giving opinions of what I'v seen work in the past?

Last night he posted an excel spreadsheet of his sales to show he's not just a proceed salesman. He then realized how $#@!ing trashy that looks and immediately took it down. Though most people still saw it. I wish I would have saved it. I was too tired to respond and passed out.
    I left it up. I didnt take it down it was removed by mods. It looked like crap cause I had to paint out all the names of people and income. I apologize I didnt take the extra few minutes to make a clean looking screen shot, you will have to excuse me, although it gets the point across clearly, there is no Vishnu agenda, clearly.

I find it astounding you think I purposely agree with shiv. Its an inside joke so of course you take offense to it. If you were around back in the day you would understand.

You take an inside joke and turned it against me. You unknowingly thought my sarcasm came with a serious notion. We are on the internet and because of that it's ok to tease and joke around, its really all in good fun.
    Terry knows I'm proud of his run and I'm even more proud of how this platform has turned out. The combination of all the guys working around the clock and pushing things further is what made it happen. The same guys some of you bash and attack have brought the platform where it is today.

I'm sorry how you feel about my comment aobut automatics making it easy at the track lead you to believe that I intended on insulting everyone. The truth of the matter is, and still to this day, it is EASIER to launch at the track with AT, it simply is. That is not my fault. It is just the plain and simple truth. Pointing out the obvious or truth should not come at the expense it has for me. After all again, it was an inside joke.

It's misunderstandings like these that spiral out of control for no good reason. Have you brought it to my attention in a mature manner I would reworded my statement, as again, it had no intention of insulting and was part of an inside joke.

I also want to clear up some misconceptions for the rest of the guys. We have NO CONTROL of post deletion. If the moderators see fit they just clear up things, unannounced to us. Believe me if I had control of moderators and admins there would be a hell of a lot more going for me because I would get rid of every other vendor that I'm in competition with. Click here to enlarge

Guys in all seriousness I dont know what all the fuss is.

Please, let me clear up anything I can for you guys. There seems to be a lot of misunderstandings.

I do truly apologize in advance to all members who have found offense in one way or another from me.

I TRULY hope we can move forward, on the same team. I'm not sure how else to express how genuine my intentions are from here on out as they always have been.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv starts a thread about tuning and detectability, most posts get deleted and locked within hours. Rob starts one and by page 3, all we can talk about is booze. Love it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Well it's not like a goldfish can do it. That may be more a product of being stuck in water though rather than the necessary intelligence.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jeff asked me to post this on his behalf since he isnt allowed to post.
    Why is this person not allowed to post?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can row gears with the best of them
    It doesn't look that great when you yourself proclaim how great you are at something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was tired of other vendors with their huge biases towards products and not offering them all to the community.
    I would just like to say that part is incorrect. The only 3 vendors that dont sell everything, are the tune companies themselves.

I would say something about the BIAS part as well, because at first glance, it seems jeff is bias towards shiv/vishnu. but i think its larger than that. I think that since JB goes to those that want to go fast, cobb goes to those that want maximum control, that leaves nothing for vishnu, and his sales are plummeting. So topgear needs to defend shiv with words, as results are selling the first two (JB and Cobb) for themselves..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I would just like to say that part is incorrect. The only 3 vendors that dont sell everything, are the tune companies themselves.

I would say something about the BIAS part as well, because at first glance, it seems jeff is bias towards shiv/vishnu. but i think its larger than that. I think that since JB goes to those that want to go fast, cobb goes to those that want maximum control, that leaves nothing for vishnu, and his sales are plummeting. So topgear needs to defend shiv with words, as results are selling the first two (JB and Cobb) for themselves..
    Hey Steve,

I was referring to past tense, since my initial membership on E90 there was an extreme bias and push for certain products. I'm not referring to tunes only i'm referring to all products. You could only shop for one downpipe, one charge pipe, one intercooler ETC ETC from certain retailers, times have changed obviously.

I offer almost all of them in a one stop shop and we are still finding more and more sources for parts as we continue to grow. Coincidentally as the times change and their is expansion and flooding in the market I wont stand out as much. There are still plenty of retailers that dont sell all the products or all the tunes still to this day. I'd name a few but that isnt quite necessary.

There is no bias when someone asks me for a part recommendation. What I mean by this is I reply with a product that fits the customers needs. A lot of times I get emails "what is the best tune", and with that I dont reply with anything other then what are your needs in a tune, what modifications do you plan on doing in the future and what kind of budget, to name a few.

From that information I then recommend a tune based on users experiences and my own if applicable the same practice goes for other modifications.

I'm truly as unbiased as it comes and my recommendation is never geared towards what puts the most in my pocket. If you were to see my track record in sales it would show that if anything the least profitable items tend to be the most popular.

Its quite obvious that a few people here like to play the game of "they know everything" and they know "exactly whats going on" and there is "huge conspiracy and I sell PROcedes out the back of my trunk and make millions".... I'm sorry to say but that is not the case.

It's unfortunate that a few members feel that me "backing up Shiv" makes me a bad guy. I'd back up anyone else if I felt that need but it seems there is a plethora of members that have it out for Shiv and I its really not fair that I can't back him up in a fair manner.
    Last edited by JPSlick; 03-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    obviously, im not up on current events from e90, so im just going off of the posts that were copied here.

as for timelines, then yes, you may be correct.

as for tunes, i am one of those that "think" they "know" everything, but YKMV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW Jeff@TopGear,

I am well aware that the vast majority of the "vendors" are nothing more than drop-shippers. I have no problems with that... I get riled up when a drop-shipper begins to play favorites depending on which direction the prevailing winds blow. ...and then they have the audacity to not advertise prices on forums and use the PM methods. That's a shady low-ass scumbag business in my opinion, respectfully shared here of course...

Do you ever see anyone from Modbargains ever get into a tuning war argument? Yeah, I thought so too! There is a reason for it.

And yeah, spreadsheets work ok if you are a small start up, because its easy and convenient. Once you start growing your business, hopefully you'll quickly realize the need for a proper robust database and software. ...and yes, I've started straight up with fortune 500 company as well and I guarantee you that no one saves any important data on Excell.

Just my $0.02
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast