Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Wait, so themyst's turbos are bad? lol
    I lost 2-4 mph over stock turbos apparently. 118 mph on stock turbos fully bolted on meth, ok within reason, 114-116 fully bolted on meth? I'm making less power. Gonna throw it on the dyno Wednesday to verify.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

If your VDs are consistently strong, compared to butt dyno, traps... Tranny i dare say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    If your VDs are consistently strong, compared to butt dyno, traps... Tranny i dare say.
    Car shifts nice and quick, no problems there. Not even a hint of slippage. I think boost leak or the turbos make less power. Like I said, when I throw it on the Dynojet Wednesday I'll know for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Sticky....got some shift videas for you tonight buddy. On video vs steves car

12.7 vs 12.7 with the dct getting pulled on during shifting. Chirping the 3-4 on a bone stock car at 95 mph Click here to enlarge
    No roll on races?

Look forward to seeing them. LM needs to learn how to use launch control as a 12.7 is not good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I had many issues this time. LC with these tires is a waste of time though. Biggest issue was I kept getting tree'd, its been so long since I actually cared about beating the car next to me, I was out of practice and laloosh was on top of his game

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

at least it can be verified that LMs car IS indeed faster since we ran last week and his times were pretty damn good then

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Treed or not if you simply line up the slip from the 60 on you will see that he gained a mere .02 over the race while trapping higher. So despite having more power to weight and the fancy tranny a manual car with a lower trap simply lost no time.

I was gettig out trapped by 1-2 mph with near idential 60 foots and ets. In a heavier car as my stang is probably at 3900lbs with me in it.

What was your best slip steve? I was 12.645 at 111.96.

In a roll steve would certainly pull while both cars are in gear not while shifting so that really does not prove anything outside of his car making better power as indicated by the trap speed. Also keep mind i have the 3.31 rear end which doesnt shine untill you are trapping higher. A stand with a 3.55 would most likly trap a little higher as it would stay in its prime on the 3-4 shift.
    Last edited by Laloosh; 03-06-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I had many issues this time. LC with these tires is a waste of time though. Biggest issue was I kept getting tree'd, its been so long since I actually cared about beating the car next to me, I was out of practice and laloosh was on top of his game
    My RTs are good when I care. I cut a .006 once and typically .2 when im not worried about traction.

Steve you need to ditch the hancraps and get a set of drags or decent streets, pronto!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I lost 2-4 mph over stock turbos apparently. 118 mph on stock turbos fully bolted on meth, ok within reason, 114-116 fully bolted on meth? I'm making less power. Gonna throw it on the dyno Wednesday to verify.
    Let's hope it's not the turbos... or back to the drawing board!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Let's hope it's not the turbos... or back to the drawing board!
    I seriously doubt I have a boost leak though. I hit boost instantly actually. I'm running 20 psi tapering to 15 and has no issue hitting target. Timing is fine AFR is fine meth is flowing, so not much else I can conclude. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

when my tranny started to give up you couldn't really tell. basically when you pass a certain amount of power it juts doesn't get put down anymore. I thought as well i had all kind of strange problems but at the end it was the tranny.
    You should log with vbox and see how speed goes up , best would be to have the rpm trace as well in it with some extra module Racelogic micromodule and see how speed compares to rpm. If rpm goes up proportionally more than speed than you got an issue.
    I havent tested doing high speed runs yet with Vbox yet since i am waiting to put on summer tyres (next week).
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I used my 335 on summer tyres a few days ago, first decent ride in many months Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    It's kind of hard to do well on the tree with the DCT especially if not using launch control as you can't predict the exact reaction of the car in MDM mode if that is what you were using.

Uh, ya, LC is a waste without drag radials. So, um, get drag radials and then run low 12's...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Treed or not if you simply line up the slip from the 60 on you will see that he gained a mere .02 over the race while trapping higher. So despite having more power to weight and the fancy tranny a manual car with a lower trap simply lost no time.

I was gettig out trapped by 1-2 mph with near idential 60 foots and ets. In a heavier car as my stang is probably at 3900lbs with me in it.

What was your best slip steve? I was 12.645 at 111.96.

In a roll steve would certainly pull while both cars are in gear not while shifting so that really does not prove anything outside of his car making better power as indicated by the trap speed. Also keep mind i have the 3.31 rear end which doesnt shine untill you are trapping higher. A stand with a 3.55 would most likly trap a little higher as it would stay in its prime on the 3-4 shift.
    Ok, why are you guys discussing this in this thread and not the results thread though?

Now I am going to have to sort through and move all this stuff where the slips are to put it all together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, why are you guys discussing this in this thread and not the results thread though?

Now I am going to have to sort through and move all this stuff where the slips are to put it all together.
    Lol...bimmerboost and threads staying on topicClick here to enlarge
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567