Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    please do. and get a caliber that is popular, not some shady ass rare round that youll never find anywhere when SHTF ($#@! hits the fan).

I got 1500 rounds of 308 winchester, its a popular round, powerful enough to kill a large mammal (hunting for food just incase) and can take someone down from 300-400 yards easy. The ammo is light and the gun weighs nothing too. So that was my reasoning for this weapon as a doomsday device, just reliable and easy to maintain. Cant really screw it up and the ammo is plentiful.

Part of the reason I am going with the M1A is because it is .308/7.62x51mm. I'm pretty well versed on ammo as I have been around guns most of my life and was in the Army(Infantry). I have a tactical 12ga. and a S&W .357sig hand gun already but I want something with a little more range and stopping power. .223/5.56 just isn't going to cut it in my book so the logical choice was the M1A. It's well known for it's accuracy on top of being semi-auto. Should be picking one up in the next month or so and I will stock up on rounds at the same time. 1000 rounds of each and I will be happy.
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trevor008 Click here to enlarge
    Part of the reason I am going with the M1A is because it is .308/7.62x51mm. I'm pretty well versed on ammo as I have been around guns most of my life and was in the Army(Infantry). I have a tactical 12ga. and a S&W .357sig hand gun already but I want something with a little more range and stopping power. .223/5.56 just isn't going to cut it in my book so the logical choice was the M1A. It's well known for it's accuracy on top of being semi-auto. Should be picking one up in the next month or so and I will stock up on rounds at the same time. 1000 rounds of each and I will be happy.

Good choice comrade... Good choice.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I also shoot .308 for my rifle. And agree why (that round) with all the reasons above. I own an AR-30, from Armalite, bolt action like Dan's, but clip loaded (5+1 rnds). I have it pretty customized and will be happy to share photos if there's interest, maybe we should start a gun thread? lol I also own a Beretta PX-4 Storm and a Mossburg 500 Cruiser (12ga), slightly modded.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I think we have a gun thread floating around somewhere... But post up what you get in here, I would like to see your AR30. I was in the market for a semi auto 308 cailber.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    But post up what you get in here, I would like to see your AR30. I was in the market for a semi auto 308 cailber.
    sorry it took me so long to get back to you. busy day, and that's cool man, semi autos are very nice too, made for a slightly different purpose imo. maybe this belongs in that thread but it's semi related and your thread, pics of my guns (you guys interested should see lamia's collection!):

An early point with my rifle, cleaning, on my pool table in an apartment I used to rent (check out the tiny stock bolt knob!).
    Click here to enlarge

Back to today (cut out the case myself):
    Click here to enlarge

Shotgun (Mossburg 500 Cruiser, flash suppressor up front and an adjustable stock in the rear for easy household maneuvering):
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Pistol (Beretta PX-4 Storm, interesting feature, it has a rotating barrel. well it rotates slightly during the first few cm's of travel. look it up online:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Aftermarket Stainless Guide Rod (over the plastic stock one, this was a dream, the spring stays tight and straight. it's also easier to reassemble, i don't need to push down on the spring/guide rod anymore to fit it, and the slide, onto the frame):
    Click here to enlarge

Rifle without bolt or clip (without mentioning some small things: Armalite AR-30 w/ stock muzzlebrake, custom trigger job, set at 2 lbs, aftermarket buttstock: this gun just doesn't want to be modified lol, which is kind of why i loved it, it needed an adapter to fit a standard A2 buffer, SWFA Super Sniper 20x42 fixed scope, picatinny adapter with Harris bipod, Accushot BT-12QK monopod: QK stand for quick-knob which is a cool feature, that with a push of a button, you can quickly scoot it up or down to its maximum or minimum, but it's without the button pressed, it's threaded so it adjusts slowly for up/down change on the scope. it's obvious it's intended purpose as built: a bench-shooter, super easy to shoot, too heavy and cumbersome for the field (for it's cartridge imo)):
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Aftermarket, butt stock (Magpul PRS) and custom bolt knob:
    Click here to enlarge
    Showing how bipod has leg-notches for adjustment:
    Click here to enlarge
    Rifle with clip and bolt locked:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Flash hider (for scope, funny story of how I acquired it, the guy who did my bolt knob offered it to me in a package deal, i guess he had a Super Sniper scope and sold it without it, who knows. 42mm objective is pretty rare afaik)
    Angled view:
    Click here to enlarge
    Straight-on view (you can see right through it using the scope):
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Guess im gonna have to go home and put up a few pics of mine lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    Guess im gonna have to go home and put up a few pics of mine lol.
    nice.. look forward to it.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12