Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    im not going to get baited into a gtr debate with you but i cant fathem how as a car enthusiast the gtr is not one of the best performance cars up to about 250k before its out performed!!! 0-60 its only bested by the veyron and turbo s, 1/4 mile et its in the top 3 cars on the planet under 250!!! a 12 just went 10.89@ 126 stock!!!! and then if you go the ULTIMATE measure of laptimes we know its one of the baddest boys on the block no matter what the track!! in ring times its top 5 no matter what the price!!!! and ill write it for yoU, ITS ROBOTIC NO FUN TO DRIVE AND A BIG VIDEO GAME!!!! those are all opinions, performance numbers are FACTS!! so how the car thats the one of the best at everything isnt considered one of the best is beyond me!!! i mean did that mustang get out of the 12's stock yet lol???
    0-60 is a traction stat now.

    On the highway look at how this Lambo dusts the GTR. The GTR is quick because of the dual clutch and gearing.

    Yes, you can add a ton of power but the Z06 is still a better driver's car and it's cheaper. The GT500 is much cheaper and has more power as well.

    I respect the GT-R's performance but hate how it is overhyped.

    Oh, and there is more to a car than just numbers.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs... You can keep the skinny chick
    I really don't find her all that skinny?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    0-60 is a traction stat now.

    On the highway look at how this Lambo dusts the GTR. The GTR is quick because of the dual clutch and gearing.

    Yes, you can add a ton of power but the Z06 is still a better driver's car and it's cheaper. The GT500 is much cheaper and has more power as well.

    I respect the GT-R's performance but hate how it is overhyped.

    Oh, and there is more to a car than just numbers.
    Sorry Sticky but if there is one car in this world that isn't overhyped... it's the GTR.

    Just because Germany hasn't produced anything close to it in performance minus a 911 Turbo which costs double isn't reason to hate on a car that is a wonder. At 3900 lbs, the GTR obliterates anything in it's territory including on the 'Ring which as far as I am concerned is the ultimate testing grounds for a car. I am not willing to debate this because its simply not worth it but a car that can runs 10's stock, 8's with mods, low 7s on the ring at a staggering 3900 lbs weight is anything but over hyped. Let's also remember that is is made by Nissan and came out of nowhere, this is a company that also makes sentras and altimas...

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I really don't find her all that skinny?
    Saggy boobs, no hips, no ass and no rhythm. Just my opinion of course
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Sorry Sticky but if there is one car in this world that isn't overhyped... it's the GTR.
    How so? It is the most overhyped car I have ever seen in my life. From Gran Turismo fanboys to even journalists comparing it to the M5 simply so they can sit there and leg hump the GTR.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Just because Germany hasn't produced anything close to it in performance minus a 911 Turbo which costs double isn't reason to hate on a car that is a wonder.
    The hell are you talking about? A GT2-RS whipes the floor with it. A Carrera GT laughs at it. A Mercedes SLR does the same. The SL65 Black Series is easily faster. The R8 V10 craps on it just like this Gallardo does. Then you have the R8 GT's as well. These all slip your mind?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    At 3900 lbs, the GTR obliterates anything in it's territory including on the 'Ring which as far as I am concerned is the ultimate testing grounds for a car.
    Oh, right, pick the ring as the ultimate testing ground. Nissan turned the ring into a joke with rolling starts and then turning up the boost and running non-production rubber. When Porsche tested the GT-R it didn't best the 911 turbo around the ring but when Nissan does it the times are absurd. I wonder why?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I am not willing to debate this because its simply not worth it but a car that can runs 10's stock, 8's with mods, low 7s on the ring at a staggering 3900 lbs weight is anything but over hyped. Let's also remember that is is made by Nissan and came out of nowhere, this is a company that also makes sentras and altimas...
    Selling a ton of high volume cheap crap let's you build some expensive toys.

    Secondly, what is so impressive about a twin turbo car running fast times? You can boost just about anything. Running 8's in a GTR is not anywhere near as simple as you make it sound by the way.

    Additionally, doing what it does with its weight is a testament to how awesome short gearing with a dual clutch transmission is. Notice how the GTR falls off up top, like against this Gallardo.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How so? It is the most overhyped car I have ever seen in my life. From Gran Turismo fanboys to even journalists comparing it to the M5 simply so they can sit there and leg hump the GTR.

    Simply because it is an amazing value and everyone and their mother agrees universally that as far as foreign tuner cars are concerned, this is the ultimate value.



    The hell are you talking about? A GT2-RS whipes the floor with it. A Carrera GT laughs at it. A Mercedes SLR does the same. The SL65 Black Series is easily faster. The R8 V10 craps on it just like this Gallardo does. Then you have the R8 GT's as well. These all slip your mind?

    Once again... which one of those cars is even in the same price stratosphere of the GTR? The answer is none... you say that doesn't matter but I and 99% of the world will be the first to tell you that it does. A new standard has been set.

    Oh, right, pick the ring as the ultimate testing ground. Nissan turned the ring into a joke with rolling starts and then turning up the boost and running non-production rubber. When Porsche tested the GT-R it didn't best the 911 turbo around the ring but when Nissan does it the times are absurd. I wonder why?

    hmm... I guess we could say that about any Corvette run (which jim mero, a Corvette chassis engineer drives), any Viper ACR run, any LFA run and hundreds of other cars. This goes in every direction.


    Selling a ton of high volume cheap crap let's you build some expensive toys.

    Secondly, what is so impressive about a twin turbo car running fast times? You can boost just about anything. Running 8's in a GTR is not anywhere near as simple as you make it sound by the way.

    Additionally, doing what it does with its weight is a testament to how awesome short gearing with a dual clutch transmission is. Notice how the GTR falls off up top, like against this Gallardo.
    It's the whole package my friend... with that comes usability. The Gallardos top end is like the Veyron's top end, sure it's there and sure it's better but it's just like owning a Mig fighter jet that's fully loaded with bombs... how and when will we use its capabilities? I am not the only one to say this but the boys over at dragtimes.info said the same thing. As far as modding... sure anything can be modded but how easy is it on this one and how many can be as amazing from a simple 3.8L V6.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Simply because it is an amazing value and everyone and their mother agrees universally that as far as foreign tuner cars are concerned, this is the ultimate value.
    What do you mean everyone universally agrees? I disagree and secondly as far as tuner platforms go why isn't a GT500 or Z06 better AND cheaper?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Once again... which one of those cars is even in the same price stratosphere of the GTR? The answer is none... you say that doesn't matter but I and 99% of the world will be the first to tell you that it does. A new standard has been set.
    You wrote Germany hasn't produced anything close in performance. Those were your words. I wrote a list of cars that not only match it in performance but exceed it.

    The GT-R didn't set any standard. And Nissan keeps upping the price so it isn't the value it used to be anyway.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    hmm... I guess we could say that about any Corvette run (which jim mero, a Corvette chassis engineer drives), any Viper ACR run, any LFA run and hundreds of other cars. This goes in every direction.
    You can't just turn up boost on a Corvette, Viper, or LF-A. Those cars doing it with their chassis not fake horsepower.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    It's the whole package my friend... with that comes usability. The Gallardos top end is like the Veyron's top end, sure it's there and sure it's better but it's just like owning a Mig fighter jet that's fully loaded with bombs... how and when will we use its capabilities? I am not the only one to say this but the boys over at dragtimes.info said the same thing. As far as modding... sure anything can be modded but how easy is it on this one and how many can be as amazing from a simple 3.8L V6.
    Um, you just saw the Gallardo's performance being used. There is a difference between hitting top speed and accelerating.

    It isn't simple to make the GT-R an 8 second car.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    44.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i like the dancing girl

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    101.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    im not going to get baited into a gtr debate with you but i cant fathem how as a car enthusiast the gtr is not one of the best performance cars up to about 250k before its out performed!!! 0-60 its only bested by the veyron and turbo s, 1/4 mile et its in the top 3 cars on the planet under 250!!! a 12 just went 10.89@ 126 stock!!!! and then if you go the ULTIMATE measure of laptimes we know its one of the baddest boys on the block no matter what the track!! in ring times its top 5 no matter what the price!!!! and ill write it for yoU, ITS ROBOTIC NO FUN TO DRIVE AND A BIG VIDEO GAME!!!! those are all opinions, performance numbers are FACTS!! so how the car thats the one of the best at everything isnt considered one of the best is beyond me!!! i mean did that mustang get out of the 12's stock yet lol???

    And last year a Z06 went 10.71 @ 130mph bone stock
    ...your point?
    Current: 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
    Mods: Jerry Tune, 180mm Pulley, Heat Exchanger and H/E pump
    1/8 mile PB: 7.7@93mph 1.8 60ft
    1/4 mile PB: 12.0@115mph 1.8 60ft

    Previous: 2007 BMW 335i
    My Mods: Jb4, DCI, AR DPs, Muffler Delete, CP-E FMIC, NST Lightweight Pulley
    1/8 mile PB: 7.9@91mph 1.8 60ft Pump Gas Bald Tires
    1/4 mile PB: 12.5@112mph 1.9 60ft

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshM813 Click here to enlarge
    And last year a Z06 went 10.71 @ 130mph bone stock
    And the car is a manual...

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    101.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And the car is a manual...
    Exactly...imagine if it was DCT? Itd be 11.5 @ 132mph then
    Current: 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
    Mods: Jerry Tune, 180mm Pulley, Heat Exchanger and H/E pump
    1/8 mile PB: 7.7@93mph 1.8 60ft
    1/4 mile PB: 12.0@115mph 1.8 60ft

    Previous: 2007 BMW 335i
    My Mods: Jb4, DCI, AR DPs, Muffler Delete, CP-E FMIC, NST Lightweight Pulley
    1/8 mile PB: 7.9@91mph 1.8 60ft Pump Gas Bald Tires
    1/4 mile PB: 12.5@112mph 1.9 60ft

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    101.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Honestly without a second thought I would take a Z06 before a GTR anyday...even an 800 whp GTR. Id rather drive the car than be driven by it...
    Current: 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
    Mods: Jerry Tune, 180mm Pulley, Heat Exchanger and H/E pump
    1/8 mile PB: 7.7@93mph 1.8 60ft
    1/4 mile PB: 12.0@115mph 1.8 60ft

    Previous: 2007 BMW 335i
    My Mods: Jb4, DCI, AR DPs, Muffler Delete, CP-E FMIC, NST Lightweight Pulley
    1/8 mile PB: 7.9@91mph 1.8 60ft Pump Gas Bald Tires
    1/4 mile PB: 12.5@112mph 1.9 60ft

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshM813 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly without a second thought I would take a Z06 before a GTR anyday...even an 800 whp GTR. Id rather drive the car than be driven by it...
    AMEN

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    933.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshM813 Click here to enlarge
    And last year a Z06 went 10.71 @ 130mph bone stock
    ...your point?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioNkkdQ896E
    I hate to break it to you but drag radials are NOT stock, and Ranger and what he does is up for allot of debate, he pulls 4-8mph out of that car more than anyone else and 90% of zo6's run 11.5-11.80's at the track!!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    933.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean everyone universally agrees? I disagree and secondly as far as tuner platforms go why isn't a GT500 or Z06 better AND cheaper?



    You wrote Germany hasn't produced anything close in performance. Those were your words. I wrote a list of cars that not only match it in performance but exceed it.

    The GT-R didn't set any standard. And Nissan keeps upping the price so it isn't the value it used to be anyway.



    You can't just turn up boost on a Corvette, Viper, or LF-A. Those cars doing it with their chassis not fake horsepower.



    Um, you just saw the Gallardo's performance being used. There is a difference between hitting top speed and accelerating.

    It isn't simple to make the GT-R an 8 second car.
    whats fake horse power boost?? Whats being done to your car?? boost??? oh but on yours its impressive right?? if its so easy to go fast why doesnt every manufacture do it?? they all want to go slow?? they can all build dct turbo cars right?? they all get to do it at 3300lb in 200k + budgets not 3900lb in a 100k budget

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    101.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    I hate to break it to you but drag radials are NOT stock, and Ranger and what he does is up for allot of debate, he pulls 4-8mph out of that car more than anyone else and 90% of zo6's run 11.5-11.80's at the track!!
    Ranger is the result of what a good driver can do. Thats why he has such good times and speeds. He knows that car, how and when to shift.

    Now if you take him or take some noob and put them in a GTR...they run the same time.

    Radials arent stock? Maybe true but they are still street legal tires and some people even daily DRs...
    Current: 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
    Mods: Jerry Tune, 180mm Pulley, Heat Exchanger and H/E pump
    1/8 mile PB: 7.7@93mph 1.8 60ft
    1/4 mile PB: 12.0@115mph 1.8 60ft

    Previous: 2007 BMW 335i
    My Mods: Jb4, DCI, AR DPs, Muffler Delete, CP-E FMIC, NST Lightweight Pulley
    1/8 mile PB: 7.9@91mph 1.8 60ft Pump Gas Bald Tires
    1/4 mile PB: 12.5@112mph 1.9 60ft

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    933.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky:The hell are you talking about? A GT2-RS whipes the floor with it. A Carrera GT laughs at it. A Mercedes SLR does the same. The SL65 Black Series is easil0y faster. The R8 V10 craps on it just like this Gallardo does. Then you have the R8 GT's as well. These all slip your mind?

    GT2-RS 0-60 3.3(slower than gtr) 1/4 11.3 (slower than gtr) ring time 7:18 it weighs 3050lb and cost 245,000 oh and has no nav no leather no bose no blue tooth and no door handles!!! but with all that it does beat the gtr by 6sec after 13 miles!!! give nissan another 150k and good god!!

    Carerra GT 0-60 3.6(slower than gtr) 1/4 11.1(slower than gtr) ring time 7:28 (slower than gtr) weight 3043 this one cost 440,000 so it has 612hp witch is 60 more and weighs a 1000lb less and is SLOWER at everything

    Mercedes SLR 0-60 3.4 (slower than gtr) 1/4 11.2(slower than gtr) ring time 7:40 LOL LOL LOL(slower than gtr) and this one is a bargain at 750,000

    SL65 black 0-60 (slower than gtr) 1/4 11.6(slower than gtr) ring time 7:51(slower than gtr) LOL LOL LOL
    price is 210,000


    R8GT 0-60 3.6 (slower than gtr), 1/4 11.5 (slower than gtr) ring time 7:44(slower than gtr) LOL
    and its also over 200k!!

    Now Sticky as ignorant as you are i think i have clearly made my point here!! how can you say any of these cars WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THE GTR?? the only performance that these cars will win is a roll on race!! from a dig it would take till over 150 for most of these cars to run down a 2013 gtr, there average an extra 150k in price,1000lb less in weight, 50-90 more hp, and 2-6 more cylinders!! the porsche and the benz are boosted, the audi and the carrera are v10's with more displacement. the gtr has EVERY excuse to lose. Now you can say all you want that 0-60 means nothing, the 1/4 is only because of this and that, but how can you debate the ring time?? thats the ultimate test that combines accelerating, braking, turning, balance, top end, cooling, EVERYTHING!!! and the ring is a big hp top end track!!!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    933.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    bro please lets not debate a fact, a car is either stock or not no in between. If ranger is a result of what a good driver can do isnt the gtr a result of what a good car can do?? would the z06 run that time with 600lb in the trunk?? what would the gtr run with 600lb out of that car at the same power!?!?!?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,101
    Rep Points
    1,398.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Had the GT-R had a Porsche badge all haters would have been drooling over it...

    I agree the idea of getting anything with a Nissan/Toyota/Honda badge feels wrong, but its almost to fun watching ppl trying to argue against the GT-R, it is a great car and has only two con's the badge and the interior.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    whats fake horse power boost?? Whats being done to your car?? boost??? oh but on yours its impressive right?? if its so easy to go fast why doesnt every manufacture do it?? they all want to go slow?? they can all build dct turbo cars right?? they all get to do it at 3300lb in 200k + budgets not 3900lb in a 100k budget
    Look you are wrong so there. Can't show you just how wrong you are on my iphone.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    933.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    opinions can be wrong facts cant

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    opinions can be wrong facts cant
    No dude, you're wrong. Seriously wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrongy, wrong wrong. The wrong song.

    But you are right that opinions can be wrong.

    Anyway, all these guys were taking losses on DCT's early on. Just saying...

    I'll talk about other aspects later as you don't interest me that much right now.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Sticky:The hell are you talking about? A GT2-RS whipes the floor with it. A Carrera GT laughs at it. A Mercedes SLR does the same. The SL65 Black Series is easil0y faster. The R8 V10 craps on it just like this Gallardo does. Then you have the R8 GT's as well. These all slip your mind?

    GT2-RS 0-60 3.3(slower than gtr) 1/4 11.3 (slower than gtr) ring time 7:18 it weighs 3050lb and cost 245,000 oh and has no nav no leather no bose no blue tooth and no door handles!!! but with all that it does beat the gtr by 6sec after 13 miles!!! give nissan another 150k and good god!!

    Carerra GT 0-60 3.6(slower than gtr) 1/4 11.1(slower than gtr) ring time 7:28 (slower than gtr) weight 3043 this one cost 440,000 so it has 612hp witch is 60 more and weighs a 1000lb less and is SLOWER at everything

    Mercedes SLR 0-60 3.4 (slower than gtr) 1/4 11.2(slower than gtr) ring time 7:40 LOL LOL LOL(slower than gtr) and this one is a bargain at 750,000

    SL65 black 0-60 (slower than gtr) 1/4 11.6(slower than gtr) ring time 7:51(slower than gtr) LOL LOL LOL
    price is 210,000


    R8GT 0-60 3.6 (slower than gtr), 1/4 11.5 (slower than gtr) ring time 7:44(slower than gtr) LOL
    and its also over 200k!!

    Now Sticky as ignorant as you are i think i have clearly made my point here!! how can you say any of these cars WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THE GTR?? the only performance that these cars will win is a roll on race!! from a dig it would take till over 150 for most of these cars to run down a 2013 gtr, there average an extra 150k in price,1000lb less in weight, 50-90 more hp, and 2-6 more cylinders!! the porsche and the benz are boosted, the audi and the carrera are v10's with more displacement. the gtr has EVERY excuse to lose. Now you can say all you want that 0-60 means nothing, the 1/4 is only because of this and that, but how can you debate the ring time?? thats the ultimate test that combines accelerating, braking, turning, balance, top end, cooling, EVERYTHING!!! and the ring is a big hp top end track!!!
    Pretty much... i have no idea what the arguments here are based on. What makes it even more amazing is that my grandma can run laps with that car and be consistent... oh wait, it's not a drivers car then... but when it puts everyone to shame on a drag track with consistency all the rednecks scratch their heads.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,756
    Rep Points
    31,551.1
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Pretty much... i have no idea what the arguments here are based on. What makes it even more amazing is that my grandma can run laps with that car and be consistent... oh wait, it's not a drivers car then... but when it puts everyone to shame on a drag track with consistency all the rednecks scratch their heads.
    If your Grandma can run laps in it that does not make it a drivers car. Just because I can $#@! your grandma does not make her a good $#@!.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    101.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Im not saying the GTR is a bad car...it's a great car...just overrated to an extent. The tech and R&D put into it is simple amazing...but because of this...there is no connection with the car, just getting tossed around in the seat while you sit there yawning.

    And also if you want to talk about ring times, Z06, ZR1 and Viper ACR are all faster than the GTR around the ring...and they are all American and all relatively in the same price range. Ultimate test of handling, acceleration, and driver skill and while these cars did it on stock tires, Nissan still changed tires to a non stock option and still cant beat these cars
    Current: 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
    Mods: Jerry Tune, 180mm Pulley, Heat Exchanger and H/E pump
    1/8 mile PB: 7.7@93mph 1.8 60ft
    1/4 mile PB: 12.0@115mph 1.8 60ft

    Previous: 2007 BMW 335i
    My Mods: Jb4, DCI, AR DPs, Muffler Delete, CP-E FMIC, NST Lightweight Pulley
    1/8 mile PB: 7.9@91mph 1.8 60ft Pump Gas Bald Tires
    1/4 mile PB: 12.5@112mph 1.9 60ft

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •