Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    all true, but, and ill be the one to say it. im not 100% sure shivs car was unmolested when he dropped the motor to fab this up. He does have a history of false or hidden mods, even before the bmw scene, like having false fuel bladders fabbed up and installed on his evo or subi, dont remember which, so he could claim pumpgas when its really racefuel. yes, i know, its a stretch, but its an open forum and i can air my own thoughts here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The fact that he's already installing two kits on people's cars makes you think otherwise, plus it would be political suicide to not divulge the truth up front....time will tell
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    S65 built motors low to mid 6xx's
    No no no, 700's+ on low boost.

The ESS stuff is embarrassing for built motors, ignore it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    like having false fuel bladders fabbed up and installed on his evo or subi, dont remember which, so he could claim pumpgas when its really racefuel.
    Never heard of that but if true absolutely absurd. How could anyone trust the guy after that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The fact that he's already installing two kits on people's cars makes you think otherwise, plus it would be political suicide to not divulge the truth up front....time will tell
    good point, i guess we will just see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the n54 is a marvel with its biturbo, this caris no longer a n54 is a N55 with a bigger turbo

I just hope that alguiem cosiga get moreperformance for turbo rb and we can also seethe 600whp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is one awesome motor to say the least. You guy's can't really compare a motor that was made for boost from factory to one that was just a high revving NA motor. The n54 is made to hold boost, lots of it. That's how all/most factory boosted engines come, its like insurance for the company that makes the car. They've hit 620 whp on my little 4 banger stock internals, until it blew(not my car, another on Cobalt forums.). I'm sure this n54 can hit 700 whp on stock internals, but that can be a ticking time bomb for sure. Obviously nobody will want to test the limits till it blows on stock internals. Can't wait to see some built motor numbers, cause that will be impressive.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tried asking in the other theard, but its looks like its been rerailed. sorry for the doubling up.

There is a +120whp difference between pump and meth, so the meth is making a huge difference. And I understand there are fail safes galore to tell the ECU that meths stopped flowing and kill power. But given the power level that are sustainable on pump vs. gas, how fast would things go to hell if meth did fail at 6500 rpms? Please assume something went wrong and procede didn’t know meth stopped spraying (Like a JB4 fanboy loaded a virus on the procede).

Would it be instant problems or would the stock ECU get it under control fast enough?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Tried asking in the other theard, but its looks like its been rerailed. sorry for the doubling up.
    There is a +120whp difference between pump and meth, so the meth is making a huge difference. And I understand there are fail safes galore to tell the ECU that meths stopped flowing and kill power. But given the power level that are sustainable on pump vs. gas, how fast would things go to hell if meth did fail at 6500 rpms? Please assume something went wrong and procede didn’t know meth stopped spraying (Like a JB4 fanboy loaded a virus on the procede).

Would it be instant problems or would the stock ECU get it under control fast enough?
    Engine could possibly blow, that's for sure. Meth is a scary thing to run, those nozzles get clogged and you don't know about it. You're $#@!ed if you run you car hard if it needs the meth. It's accounting for that much more combustion and air so the injectors are probably putting in lots of fuel thinking it will burn it. I'm probably wrong though..
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean, in theory you think its really bad, but how many folks are running meth with no issues. Then again, how many have meth failures during WOT and the failsafe fail, with many of them only pushing power 3-7% over just pump. Here the power difference is much more. If I have read enough, the only real known cases of these engines blowing are when folks were running either NOS or meth without failsafes.

Whats the top end potential for these singles assuming you only used pump?

Also, whats the exact time delay between the fail safe sensing meth stopping, it telling the piggy to tell the ecu to dropping timing and PSI and for the engine to physically dump pressure? Or does it throw the car into limp mod and its only an electronic response? What exactly does the procede do in these situations?

I remember seeing logs post of this from the vishnu, but I never take any communications from them at face value, blame the public auditor in me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have they said what size and % meth they r using?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Engine could possibly blow, that's for sure. Meth is a scary thing to run, those nozzles get clogged and you don't know about it. You're $#@!ed if you run you car hard if it needs the meth. It's accounting for that much more combustion and air so the injectors are probably putting in lots of fuel thinking it will burn it. I'm probably wrong though..
    meth is only 'scary' to run if you're on a tight budget. as long as you have the failsafes in place and a tune that can switch maps on the fly you're golden. if the car is running meth on an aggressive map (timing) and meth flow is suddenly halted, the failsafe tells the tune to switch maps, ie: switch to a less aggressive timing table. afaik both the procede and jb4 do this but i dont know a lot about terry's line. im sure one of the jb guys can clarify.

I mean, in theory you think its really bad, but how many folks are running meth with no issues. Then again, how many have meth failures during WOT and the failsafe fail, with many of them only pushing power 3-7% over just pump. Here the power difference is much more. If I have read enough, the only real known cases of these engines blowing are when folks were running either NOS or meth without failsafes.

Whats the top end potential for these singles assuming you only used pump?

Also, whats the exact time delay between the fail safe sensing meth stopping, it telling the piggy to tell the ecu to dropping timing and PSI and for the engine to physically dump pressure? Or does it throw the car into limp mod and its only an electronic response? What exactly does the procede do in these situations?

I remember seeing logs post of this from the vishnu, but I never take any communications from them at face value, blame the public auditor in me.
    exactly, people today run meth nearly without issue. if there is an issue its due to the tune or due to an improper installation. meth has a bad rap because of the evo and wrx/sti guys who ran basic kits for bolt on power without proper failsafes and tuning. some blew some didn't, but because of its inconsistency it was labeled as a killer of motors.

top end potential atm is unknown. shiv, just like hpf, is planning on having a line of turbos to choose. smaller for earlier torque or larger for more high rev hp. only time will tell what the limit is, knock induced or otherwise.

your next question depends on a bunch of variables. but my guess is it's within the milisecond range. as for what the procede does in this situation, your first thought is correct, after a malfunction, it tells the piggy to switch maps and drop timing (and with it, boost). a limp would only be triggered under a fault the ecu itself reads, like a boost leak. fwiw, on street races i've done with people following, after a hard pull as soon as i lift off to brake, my friends behind me always say they see flame from my exhaust tips. my guess is this is a little water/meth that was sprayed just as the throttle was closing (delays you're talking about) and travels down the exhaust to produce a small flame.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, at 6k rpms, we are talking about 3 cylinders firing every 20 milliseconds. If the fail safe senses and sends a signal to the piggy the instance meth stops, then the time it takes the last of the meth that was spayed to travel from the charge pipe to the cylinder will be moving slower than the electronic signal. Therefore, the ecu (maybe not the wastegate as it would need to both receive the electronic signal and physically open) would get the signal and adjust timing before even the last of the meth was used. It would all really hang on how fast the failsafe knew meth wasn’t spraying. As long as its quicker than the time it takes for air to travel from the point of meth injection to the cylinder, it would never be an issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even after all that, I personally dont trust runing two sources of fuel/octane "boosters"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even after all that, I personally dont trust runing two sources of fuel/octane "boosters"
    It made 505whp on pump so far. If you want to avoid meth you can always buy race gas. MS109 will get you far. It's slightly oxygenated too. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh yea, love the glory numbers, but for practical purpoess, i am excited to see 93 octane numbers.

Approximately how fast is the air moving through the intake track at full rpms?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    fwiw, on street races i've done with people following
    and there are no videos of this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have they said what size and % meth they r using?
    Iirc he said 1200cc/min and 70/30 meth water.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Iirc he said 1200cc/min and 70/30 meth water.

i thought i remember him sayng he was trying/doing a multi nozzle approach, something like 1 pre fmic, and 2 post fmic? like an m5 pre and m10's post?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I remember him saying that too, but he said he's just using regular pwm meth kit
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and there are no videos of this?
    sry no videos so far. as soon as i get a hold of a goPro or similar product, i will give you all the flame under load you want LM. in addition to aural pleasure in a garage of turbo de-spool noises. i really need one if im going to make a video of a mile run in the future. or for track days. my piggybank is getting low so i'm saving. first on the list tho is to split a vbox with my 5.0 buddy. figure you all are way more interested in real world results than video of noises or flame, i mean i've seen stock turbos shoot flame, it's really nothing new. in fact its a bad thing in the sense that it wouldn't happen if the meth could stop abruptly on throttle lift. at least if my theory is sound.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, vbox for data. but we like to see races even more. i meant of races, not flames BTW Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, vbox for data. but we like to see races even more. i meant of races, not flames BTW Click here to enlarge
    will do. i have a bunch of nice cars lined up. a buddy of mine, his dad is well, lets say loaded... he buys tons of cars and his son (my friend) gets to drive them occasionally. few cars off the list that i've ridden in myself: Roush stage 3 'stang (not 5.0 motor, one model previous, the 4.6), evo 9 with a built head and big turbo, c63 coupe... etc should be fun. expect this to happen in either spring or summer, bearing he is here and available as well. as for the vbox i'm working on it Click here to enlarge

now back to vishnu single talk!
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Never heard of that but if true absolutely absurd. How could anyone trust the guy after that?
    If you ever get bored go on some of the other forums he has built products for and search back. Anyone who was around for that would never buy another Vishnu part.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    If you ever get bored go on some of the other forums he has built products for and search back. Anyone who was around for that would never buy another Vishnu part.
    bmw crowd is too nieve to think it wont/hasnt happened to them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast