Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Fasta Data Showing Raised Rev Limiter - Over 9000 rpm

Had a chance to experiment with a non warranty vehicle to see for myself what they can see on the other side. Car is a DCT transmission and we checked rpm limiters on the BMW system. I remember a while back there was argument about raising the limiter this side and I had commented it can be done locally to me by my tuner and a few others too.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First of all, that is some seriously cool software.

Secondly, over 9000 rpm? Vavletrain handled it just fine?

Did the car make more power at that rev range or did the torque drop off too much? A 9000 rpm redline with some shorter gearing sure would be interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    First of all, that is some seriously cool software.

Secondly, over 9000 rpm? Vavletrain handled it just fine?

Did the car make more power at that rev range or did the torque drop off too much? A 9000 rpm redline with some shorter gearing sure would be interesting.
    As far as I can recall the car tapered at 8600. The reason this was done was more to find the relationship between the DCT Logic and DME. You could raise the limiter on the DME but the box would change by itself at stock rpm. Eventually it was figured out but no major benefit past 8600 but this could be due to our 5600ft altitude. Valvetrain was fine, the Fasta doesnt seem to capture every event as the car was reved full daily.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Holy crap....wow.

Cobb needs to jump on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    As far as I can recall the car tapered at 8600. The reason this was done was more to find the relationship between the DCT Logic and DME. You could raise the limiter on the DME but the box would change by itself at stock rpm. Eventually it was figured out but no major benefit past 8600 but this could be due to our 5600ft altitude. Valvetrain was fine, the Fasta doesnt seem to capture every event as the car was reved full daily.
    Very, very interesting. I posted on article on the tuner in question hitting 9000 rpm I believe.

They deserve a tune of credit. Can they change shift points in auto mode?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very, very interesting. I posted on article on the tuner in question hitting 9000 rpm I believe.

They deserve a tune of credit. Can they change shift points in auto mode?
    That was Xcede. This specific car is Chip Logic. The shift points have not been cracked although not to many attempts have been made as it will require a vehicle parked for consistent testing over a long period. This specific car is from a neighbouring country with expired warranty. Its a eye opener for the guys with software and warranty. I am trying to find the screen shot of maximum speed, the highest was 292 hehe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was Xcede. This specific car is Chip Logic. The shift points have not been cracked although not to many attempts have been made as it will require a vehicle parked for consistent testing over a long period. This specific car is from a neighbouring country with expired warranty. Its a eye opener for the guys with software and warranty. I am trying to find the screen shot of maximum speed, the highest was 292 hehe.
    I have to give credit to these South African tuners.

So, only manual mode is cracked?

Xcede and Chip Logic certainly deserve more respect. Surprised they aren't bigger in the US market if they can do this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    9000rpm is easy to do.

Took our car to 8800rpm. Made power all the way!

Amazing engine this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    9000rpm is easy to do.

Took our car to 8800rpm. Made power all the way!

Amazing engine this.
    Would you recommend supercharged cars rev that high?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well, if you wanted to do that you would need to check what speed the supercharger reaches. You could end up over revving it.

You want to keep the rpm's as low as possible. Gear the supercharger to make as much power under the curve as possible.

8300-8500rpm is high enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Well, if you wanted to do that you would need to check what speed the supercharger reaches. You could end up over revving it.

You want to keep the rpm's as low as possible. Gear the supercharger to make as much power under the curve as possible.

8300-8500rpm is high enough.
    man speaks the truth
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Lightbulb

Hi,

I work for company that is developing tool for BMW diagnostics - I am curious how these data work. Is there anyone who has access to FASTA provide some data examples (including those hex dumps shown on the screenshot) ?

It looks like some of the data are from so-called freeze frames, which we can read. But some ECUs such as MSS60 have also functions to retrieve "statistical" data, which might be interesting. ISTA/D cannot interpret them as far as I know.

Martin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mhi Click here to enlarge
    Hi,

I work for company that is developing tool for BMW diagnostics - I am curious how these data work. Is there anyone who has access to FASTA provide some data examples (including those hex dumps shown on the screenshot) ?

It looks like some of the data are from so-called freeze frames, which we can read. But some ECUs such as MSS60 have also functions to retrieve "statistical" data, which might be interesting. ISTA/D cannot interpret them as far as I know.

Martin
    It's going to be hard to get free help for a company working for profit...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's going to be hard to get free help for a company working for profit...
    You will not believe it but we have established customer base (for some other brands) who is sending us various data just to improve the tools.

I thought there are people who might be interested in how this works (like I am). Probably most people cannot deal with diagnostics protocols, but may have access to the data - so this might be win-win.

You don't have to reply - I am not expecting any help from you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You don't have to reply - I am not expecting any help from you.
    Not sure what you mean by that but I don't think I like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that's the case why would he ask? Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    If that's the case why would he ask? Lol
    Yeah I don't get it either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi,

Martin
    I cannot say much without releasing someone else's intellectual property that I am privi too.
    the triggers are in the DME and the freeze frames are stored in another controller on the car similar to how the mileage memory works.
    the freeze frames are hard to come by as they are released either from a warranty dispute or warranty cancellation. The few times I am aware that fasta was read for no reason it raised flags as the freeze frame comes from BMW's servers.
    The magic is to raise the trigger points.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure his first language is English...

jes sayin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I don't get it either.
    He is looking for PUMA records similar to what I have posted. He came to this thread as its the only one that references FASTA Data and as far as I know this is the only forum those pictures will be found that I posted. Its not something common and usually they stay private and are rarely released even on a dealer level. They most probably would only crop up if someone opts for litigation during a case a dealer has revoked warranty.
    I will try dig up another interesting one I have of a manual S65 that blew the motor from a mis-shift.
    If this guy can figure out how to get his diagnostic tool to delete this data it will be the holy grail in terms of monetary value that can be produced. It seems his research is google though so chances are very slim to none.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He is looking for PUMA records similar to what I have posted. He came to this thread as its the only one that references FASTA Data and as far as I know this is the only forum those pictures will be found that I posted. Its not something common and usually they stay private and are rarely released even on a dealer level. They most probably would only crop up if someone opts for litigation during a case a dealer has revoked warranty.
    I will try dig up another interesting one I have of a manual S65 that blew the motor from a mis-shift.
    If this guy can figure out how to get his diagnostic tool to delete this data it will be the holy grail in terms of monetary value that can be produced. It seems his research is google though so chances are very slim to none.
    So how do you even read out this data exactly? Diagnostic tool?

If you can delete this so the dealer can't read it what I surmise is modding without warranty implications as they can't catch you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So how do you even read out this data exactly? Diagnostic tool?

If you can delete this so the dealer can't read it what I surmise is modding without warranty implications as they can't catch you.
    The data is only read in a dealership when online with Germany. Some have cracked the reading part, others the clearing and other the raising of the trigger points.

VW Group has also introduced this, it's called TD1. Worth some research on your side. It's common place these days for warranty to be voided.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The data is only read in a dealership when online with Germany. Some have cracked the reading part, others the clearing and other the raising of the trigger points.

VW Group has also introduced this, it's called TD1. Worth some research on your side. It's common place these days for warranty to be voided.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats the one. What they call ECM modification a few years ago was combated by altering the flash counter, tuner managed that quickly. Now there is a date stamp stored somewhere so zeroing the flash counter only doesn't help. Little is known how far in they can go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast