Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

09 DCT E92 M3 60-130, New Personal Best :)

SO, Quiet Sunday morning, Mrs is at work, figured ill go for a drive.

Same mods as before, BMC airfilter, electronic exhaust cutouts, 19" CF5 wheels (heavier than stock)

trying to confirm that this stretch of mexico is a legit >3% for current distance ( we all know im not a fan of 3%, but thats the "rule")

11.11 2.4%

Click here to enlarge

Not bad, and certainly confirms "about" my previous best was a good indication, so looks like the road is ok.

BUT, I decided to do 1 more run, for a total of 2 runs today, just to be sure..

10.76 1.5%

Click here to enlarge

well, thats pretty damn good now for basically stock dct M3.
    Basically thats nipping right at the tail of the previous N/A record
    (10.71 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3 DCT/ Bolt-Ons / 91 octane/ 3 shifts) that was just recently broken, and now im really interested in taking that title (madsex343= 9.70, 2.6%,tune,exhaust )

Notice how the slope of the 2 runs ise VERY different? This is on the exact same road, just starting a little further down. This is a CLEAR EXAMPLE of why 3% rule is not good. look at every other graph you can find, most are a nice, gradually downward sloping road. MINE, has up and downs, very drastic drops, but because distance is ok, we are within 3% Click here to enlarge We can play these games

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wanna meet up?....ive got nothing to do today

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how far are we from eachother? its already noon and im just waiting on the bluetooth headphones to charge so i can go to the gym. im going to ACM this week though, you'll be the 3rd car to call me out this week already Click here to enlarge I need to charge the gopro and mentally prepare for all these ass-whooopins im about to get Click here to enlarge Im tryng for thursday, how does that work for you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmmm.....thursday, not sure yet....work schedule is gonna be kinda crazy this week?...lol...i wasnt calling u out...actually i was gonna try and have u show me how to PROPERLY use my vbox....lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, what size sd card you have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    8 gig i think

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nope, need 2g or less

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whys that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dunno, but I tried for MONTHS trying to figure out why it was not saving any files, then @img or maybe @M33 told me i need 2gb or less. tried it, and it works fine now..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i see

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice runs ....seems like i should be hitting your spots now.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    very nice runs ....seems like i should be hitting your spots now.
    yes, yes you shoud Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like the 28th is looking good so far....52 degrees....i just hope the rain from the next day does decide to show up early

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That seems sooo fast man!! Your car is stock too right? Congrats on the new personal reecord too!!

I recently raced an OE tuned e90 m3 with primary cat's removed. Everything else is stock ,with 6spd manual tranny. We raced from 60-140? we're dead even the whole way through. I was no lift shifting though and I had a passenger, he had nobody in the car. I need to get a vbox man, did you just order it online???
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW, it was confirmed to be just a simple 1.2%

Im basically stock, airfilter and cut-outs. still fully catted, for a few more days, then tuned as well. after that it will be s/c'd

My plan is to make a mockery of this 3% bull$#@!. really.. ive dropped 1.1 seconds off my time with 5hp worth of mods... cant wait to see what games i can play when i add 40 or so hp.. and then 150+ Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    looks like the 28th is looking good so far....52 degrees....i just hope the rain from the next day does decide to show up early

i shoulda never said anything....now its raining on tuesday Click here to enlarge....monday and sunday are the only other days the weather is gonna be nice......fml

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it is what it is ill probably go whatever day is open asap then

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    BTW, it was confirmed to be just a simple 1.2%

Im basically stock, airfilter and cut-outs. still fully catted, for a few more days, then tuned as well. after that it will be s/c'd

My plan is to make a mockery of this 3% bull$#@!. really.. ive dropped 1.1 seconds off my time with 5hp worth of mods... cant wait to see what games i can play when i add 40 or so hp.. and then 150+ Click here to enlarge
    Good time man and you are very correct about the whole slope thing actually BUT this is the name of the game and it applies to EVERYONE! Click here to enlarge Hell I did my 9.7sec @ -2.5% or something and when I accidentally found a road with -3.2% but that was a bit more steep at the beginning helping the car move a bit faster at the first few meters I recorded a balls out 9.2sec!!! which ofcourse is not verified/valid but nevertheless you can see the pattern here... Now slope does play a more significant role for less powerful, less torqueful and heavier cars (as downhill favours them more) and I can assure that as you move up the powerband it starts being less important and has less effect... (5 years and 3 tuned porsches at various stages have proven that to me).

As a matter fact pls check out a new run I just got verified @ an almost completely flat road @ -0.79% decline! 7.36sec in D mode and ridiculous wheelspin in 2nd gear! I mean now it is supercharged if it is decline/flat/slight incline the effect is less dedrimental and you will find that yourself eventually. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So your trying to tell me slope and load play less of a roll when you add more power?
    Another question, who is verifying for you, pg or 6speed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So your trying to tell me slope and load play less of a roll when you add more power?
    Another question, who is verifying for you, pg or 6speed?
    I am not trying to tell you anything... I am sharing my personal undisputed long-time findings with you... Click here to enlarge
    If you do not want to accept them that is totally fine by me... no problem my friend! Click here to enlarge
    6 speed (Scott and now Mike) has verified EVERY run I have ever submitted for all my cars incl the M3 (you can see me in the relevant lists I am sure) and for M3post it is Drew who does this now. But you can compare them I am sure since I have put here both sources as reference, no?
    Who is verifying yours by the way? Click here to enlargeIs it a different guy? Is it someone with special skills or something? Click here to enlarge
    So to clear things up a bit more: The guys that verify ALL the runs ever submitted for EVERY car in these lists have been verifying mine as well all these years...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by madsex343 Click here to enlarge
    I am not trying to tell you anything... I am sharing my personal undisputed long-time findings with you... Click here to enlarge
    If you do not want to accept them that is totally fine by me... no problem my friend! Click here to enlarge
    6 speed (Scott and now Mike) has verified EVERY run I have ever submitted for all my cars incl the M3 (you can see me in the relevant lists I am sure) and for M3post it is Drew who does this now. But you can compare them I am sure since I have put here both sources as reference, no?
    Who is verifying yours by the way? Click here to enlargeIs it a different guy? Is it someone with special skills or something? Click here to enlarge
    So to clear things up a bit more: The guys that verify ALL the runs ever submitted for EVERY car in these lists have been verifying mine as well all these years...
    We havent talked much, but im rather aggressive and harsh in my questioning, please dont take it personally, its just the way I am. If you chose not to discuss with me, its no hard feelings on my end. I figured id just throw that out there.

I appreciate your input on past experience, thats why we are here. you have your history, i have mine, everyone else has theirs. the issue I see most commonly is people with NO history posting info and data as factual and concrete promulgating false information (Like PG and his boost measureing, and pulley measuring, hence the my Sig)

I asked who verifies for you because i do not believe PG, i do not believe drew. PG is obviously unwaiveringly biased, Drew , i dont personally believe. which is why i asked if the people on 6speed are doing it. Mike has verified my 10.7, that was he first i sent for verification as I didnt care about the rest being verified until i did something note-worthy. that run will be the last run with this setup, so i wanted it confirmed. I would rather not waste their time if its not absolutly essential.

I asked if you personally feel that slope and load are less imprtant with more power. Its a catch-22. because more powerful cars will do it in shorter distance, meaning a higher % for the same runs. but all this can be played with to favor ones wanted results. My goal is to make a mockery of the whoel 3% thing by showing its very flawed and a new legit way needs to be used. For instance, look at the slope for this. Im betting if i try it again with 40+hp, I will be close to max 3% now and crush the 9.7 record. BUT, once i add 150hp to that, ill be way over the 3%. BUT I can then start earlier on that road so that i have the meat of the run before that drop, time it so i cross that peak in peak 4th gear, and fly down about 1/2 in 5th for a blistering fast time when load and resistance play the biggest factor.. the tough part is perfect timing in execution
    Last edited by LostMarine; 02-22-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We havent talked much, but im rather aggressive and harsh in my questioning, please dont take it personally, its just the way I am. If you chose not to discuss with me, its no hard feelings on my end. I figured id just throw that out there.

It is ok... you do come on a bit strong but I am not the person who does not enjoy a good debate or am afraid of some controversy in my life... in fact I am always up to any challenge! Click here to enlarge So no harm done, no worries...

I appreciate your input on past experience, thats why we are here. you have your history, i have mine, everyone else has theirs. the issue I see most commonly is people with NO history posting info and data as factual and concrete promulgating false information (Like PG and his boost measureing, and pulley measuring, hence the my Sig)

I asked who verifies for you because i do not believe PG, i do not believe drew. PG is obviously unwaiveringly biased, Drew , i dont personally believe. which is why i asked if the people on 6speed are doing it. Mike has verified my 10.7, that was he first i sent for verification as I didnt care about the rest being verified until i did something note-worthy. that run will be the last run with this setup, so i wanted it confirmed. I would rather not waste their time if its not absolutly essential.

Ok everyone is entitled to their own opinion and feelings for any other individual and I can not say I can make any judgements and comments about anyone in so little time and from so far away anyway, but I can ofcourse respect your feelings.

I asked if you personally feel that slope and load are less imprtant with more power. Its a catch-22. because more powerful cars will do it in shorter distance, meaning a higher % for the same runs. but all this can be played with to favor ones wanted results. My goal is to make a mockery of the whoel 3% thing by showing its very flawed and a new legit way needs to be used. For instance, look at the slope for this. Im betting if i try it again with 40+hp, I will be close to max 3% now and crush the 9.7 record. BUT, once i add 150hp to that, ill be way over the 3%. BUT I can then start earlier on that road so that i have the meat of the run before that drop, time it so i cross that peak in peak 4th gear, and fly down about 1/2 in 5th for a blistering fast time when load and resistance play the biggest factor.. the tough part is perfect timing in execution
    I agree for the most part with you as like I said I have more than 300 vbox files testing diffrent cars and different roads/slopes/wheather conditions etc and you are certainly right about the theory behind your assumptions. But the thing here is to understand that all these guys posting times (inlc me) are not setting off to record extraordinary times trying to "cheat" and bend the rules as much as possible... Ofcourse we will want a decent road with a decline and I will not go record uphill any mountain but I think you are overreacting a bit if you think that every time that is recorded is flawed or misleading/cheating. I proved it to you as my car did a better time on a completely flat road (-0.79%) than it did on the same road I always use with the 2-3% all even (no ups and downs - I will post a photo/video next time so you can believe) decline!
    So I do in fact agree with you on the basic principle of the whole 3% idea BUT I do not think (and I am around these boards and monitor them for a loooooong time) that people are going all mental at it and are looking for roads like you describe... it is what it is and eventually other things can reveal if a completely extraordinary time is real or not. Click here to enlarge

Regards
    Costas

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cheating? It's not cheating if its playing by the same rules. The TRUE 60-130 was meant to be a passing test in a high gear, a legit start at 60, not what we see today for WOT from lowest gear possi ble.