Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    At this time any other tune besides Dinan is a "pipe dream"(in the us) as other tuners have claimed to be "working" on a tune but really they can't even communicate with the dme due to it's flexray protocol. They are all waiting for a company to come out with a cable they can work on the dme with. And how does procede look vs Cobb? IMO procede is sitting pretty in the N54 market right now with their single and making more power than anyone else. Don't get me wrong Cobb is badass also and I know it well from my bro in laws 350z but they aren't perfect or the end all be all of anything. Besides Cobb tuning the N63 is 10x the pipe dream Shiv doing it is since they've straight up told me they have NO plans to do it while Shiv was very interested(hell he had my car at his house for a couple weeks) but couldn't source the cable everyone is stuck behind.
    If Dinan has a tune all it means is it is just a matter of time until the other flash tuners get it.

Procede isn't sitting pretty, it was sitting pretty. The JB4 is a much better priced option and Cobb has the higher end. So that leaves the Procede with what?

How is Cobb doing the N63 a pipe dream vs. Shiv when they said they intend to expand to more BMW platforms? At one point, nobody ever thought Cobb would even enter the BMW market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    Why dont you check out Cobb? They might be able to work something with you.

@OE Tuning told me they could get the cables if I chose to get into that line of work.
    I've spoken with rob@Cobb awhile back but the N63 isn't on their radar(Cobb would certainly be a company I'd consider) at least for now they are just learning about the N54/55.

As for OE well that's well documented that I've been told by Jeremy more than once he could tune it when in fact he can't and I was told he had a cable when in fact he doesn't. Either way, I'd get an OE flash in the meantime to make a bit more power and get rid of my CEL but that isn't a long term solution I'd want it's more of an immediate fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How about AC Schnitzer? They have a tune for N63 i think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If Dinan has a tune all it means is it is just a matter of time until the other flash tuners get it.

Procede isn't sitting pretty, it was sitting pretty. The JB4 is a much better priced option and Cobb has the higher end. So that leaves the Procede with what?

How is Cobb doing the N63 a pipe dream vs. Shiv when they said they intend to expand to more BMW platforms? At one point, nobody ever thought Cobb would even enter the BMW market.
    I don't care about price in the slightest. Like o said earlier Cobb said no plans shiv said it's in the plans so you tell me which sounds more likely. Eventually they may look into it I'm not saying it's impossible or even unlikely I'm just saying nothing is a pipe dream. Put it this way if that cable to tune the dme was accessible I would have had the Procede on my car 6+ months ago so that seems pretty likely that it will eventually happen to me at least.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    How about AC Schnitzer? They have a tune for N63 i think.
    They do and hartage does also but for that I might as well buy Dinan and keep my warranty since they won't modify their tune for anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't care about price in the slightest. Like o said earlier Cobb said no plans shiv said it's in the plans so you tell me which sounds more likely. Eventually they may look into it I'm not saying it's impossible or even unlikely I'm just saying nothing is a pipe dream. Put it this way if that cable to tune the dme was accessible I would have had the Procede on my car 6+ months ago so that seems pretty likely that it will eventually happen to me at least.
    When did Shiv announce tuning the N63?

I think you will eventually end up with a good flash solution but we will see. I certainly would have Shiv at the bottom, not top, of my who I want to tune my N63 list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They do and hartage does also but for that I might as well buy Dinan and keep my warranty since they won't modify their tune for anyone.
    You lose your warranty. You get a Dinan warranty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When did Shiv announce tuning the N63?

I think you will eventually end up with a good flash solution but we will see. I certainly would have Shiv at the bottom, not top, of my who I want to tune my N63 list.
    He didn't, as I said earlier I contacted him and inquired about him adapting his procede product to my N63. He said he would do it and I shipped my car to him, after a few weeks he let me know that he didn't have a required cable and despite his best efforts to get one it seemed like it would be some time before it was available and I might want to get my car but if I chose I could keep it there while he tried to get his hands on it. I opted to bring it back home(good thing to as that was like 6 months ago) and wait until he has both the cable and time to do the work to get procede to work on my dme.

I'm aware that you would have shiv as last to work on or build your car but seeing as we have very different views on how a build should progress and turn out perhaps that's a good thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You lose your warranty. You get a Dinan warranty.
    Yes you are correct, I was speaking hypothetically anyways as Dinan isn't a good fit for my goals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He didn't, as I said earlier I contacted him and inquired about him adapting his procede product to my N63. He said he would do it and I shipped my car to him, after a few weeks he let me know that he didn't have a required cable and despite his best efforts to get one it seemed like it would be some time before it was available and I might want to get my car but if I chose I could keep it there while he tried to get his hands on it. I opted to bring it back home(good thing to as that was like 6 months ago) and wait until he has both the cable and time to do the work to get procede to work on my dme.

I'm aware that you would have shiv as last to work on or build your car but seeing as we have very different views on how a build should progress and turn out perhaps that's a good thing.
    I don't understand why it is so difficult to get this cable.

Your car, do what you want. Do you really think you could do what I'm doing with Shiv tuning? No way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't understand why it is so difficult to get this cable.

Your car, do what you want. Do you really think you could do what I'm doing with Shiv tuning? No way.
    Cable is tough to get cause it's for a protocol pretty much only BMW and Audi use on a few of their cars and it's already obsolete before it ever took off so there isn't a big demand for it(from what I've been told) .

I don't see why not there isn't anything revolutionary about what your doing from what I've seen, you just gonna run more boost than anyone else has so far but you not pioneering the first supercharger or anything(like he is with his single right now on the harder to tune platform). Not insulting you build or anything cause it's a nice build but I'm just saying it is an extension of what's been done plenty of times on that platform not something completely new. Either way why would I care whom you would use or not? We all have different criteria and we do things how we see fit. Good luck with your build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cable is tough to get cause it's for a protocol pretty much only BMW and Audi use on a few of their cars and it's already obsolete before it ever took off so there isn't a big demand for it(from what I've been told) .
    But I mean, it's a cable. Shouldn't it be fairly cheap to make and easy to get out there?

I don't see why not there isn't anything revolutionary about what your doing from what I've seen, you just gonna run more boost than anyone else has so far but you not pioneering the first supercharger or anything(like he is with his single right now on the harder to tune platform).
    Well shows you don't quite understand it. Tuning the engine is one thing, how are you going to make the DCT understand what to do with the clutches? No piggy is going to help you there.

Not insulting you build or anything cause it's a nice build but I'm just saying it is an extension of what's been done plenty of times on that platform not something completely new.
    Actually, it is something completely new...

Either way why would I care whom you would use or not? We all have different criteria and we do things how we see fit. Good luck with your build
    Why wouldn't I? Aren't we here to discuss cars and modding?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes you are correct, I was speaking hypothetically anyways as Dinan isn't a good fit for my goals.
    Have you considered getting Dinan Stage 3 and enjoying the extra power until one of the other tuners can make a custom tune for you? I think I would have gone stir crazy if I was still waiting for a tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dunderhi Click here to enlarge
    Have you considered getting Dinan Stage 3 and enjoying the extra power until one of the other tuners can make a custom tune for you? I think I would have gone stir crazy if I was still waiting for a tune.
    I have actually but everytime I talk with different tuners they make it seem like they are sooo close to releasing something that it makes me hesitant to get Dinan when possibly next month I'll be wanting something else. Trouble is Dinan really is the least well suited tune for me cause I have other mods that wont work well with Dinan. For example I dont remember if I told you a dealer tech confirmed I'm making less power right now cause of the downpipes which trigger a high boost code and in turn the dme kills timing. That is not something that would be fixed by Dinans tune and they are absolutely inflexible about making changes to a tune for 1 customer. Most other flash tuners on the market will make those changes, Renntech in particular is one I'm waiting for as a possible temp solution. Their development team recently emailed me that they are in the final testing phases of their F10 tune and should have it out shortly. I'd rather go for something like that then Dinan so I'm undecisive. Besides working on my other project keeps me somewhat at bay with this car.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-HP-RB25-build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah Andres, keep focusing on that car. By the time you are done with that car, more options are available for N63.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dunderhi Click here to enlarge
    My reasoning exactly for going with Dinan as soon as I picked up my car. If Shiv or someone else comes out with a significantly better product with more flexibility for hardware upgrades I'll flash back to stock and make the switch. Personally I think a Procede / meth kit combo would be worth 75-100hp on top of what we get from Dinan.

I have actually but everytime I talk with different tuners they make it seem like they are sooo close to releasing something that it makes me hesitant to get Dinan when possibly next month I'll be wanting something else. Trouble is Dinan really is the least well suited tune for me cause I have other mods that wont work well with Dinan. For example I dont remember if I told you a dealer tech confirmed I'm making less power right now cause of the downpipes which trigger a high boost code and in turn the dme kills timing. That is not something that would be fixed by Dinans tune and they are absolutely inflexible about making changes to a tune for 1 customer. Most other flash tuners on the market will make those changes, Renntech in particular is one I'm waiting for as a possible temp solution. Their development team recently emailed me that they are in the final testing phases of their F10 tune and should have it out shortly. I'd rather go for something like that then Dinan so I'm undecisive. Besides working on my other project keeps me somewhat at bay with this car.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-HP-RB25-build
    I wonder if you can make your own o2 sim like this http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=diy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    My reasoning exactly for going with Dinan as soon as I picked up my car. If Shiv or someone else comes out with a significantly better product with more flexibility for hardware upgrades I'll flash back to stock and make the switch. Personally I think a Procede / meth kit combo would be worth 75-100hp on top of what we get from Dinan.

I wonder if you can make your own o2 sim like this http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=diy
    Hmmm well I'd be game to try it but I'd need to know which wires on the dme correspond to the rear O2's. I doubt anyone has a pinout chart for this dme but I'll now that I've got the idea I'll see what I can come up with. Also I think your dead on about the gains with meth and procede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm well I'd be game to try it but I'd need to know which wires on the dme correspond to the rear O2's. I doubt anyone has a pinout chart for this dme but I'll now that I've got the idea I'll see what I can come up with. Also I think your dead on about the gains with meth and procede.
    Isn't the Hartge tune a piggyback? I bet they would know...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    G-Power build a second one.
    More pictures

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Current: 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
    Mods: Jerry Tune, 180mm Pulley, Heat Exchanger and H/E pump
    1/8 mile PB: 7.7@93mph 1.8 60ft
    1/4 mile PB: 12.0@115mph 1.8 60ft

Previous: 2007 BMW 335i
    My Mods: Jb4, DCI, AR DPs, Muffler Delete, CP-E FMIC, NST Lightweight Pulley
    1/8 mile PB: 7.9@91mph 1.8 60ft Pump Gas Bald Tires
    1/4 mile PB: 12.5@112mph 1.9 60ft

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshM813 Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, so I don't get the big deal then?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, so I don't get the big deal then?

Hey...some noobs dont know how to use the"search" button...like shiv

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I googled that too along time ago but apparently that doesn't work with the DME, I'm not gonna pretend to have any idea why but it must not. This isn't a Shiv thing either(as much as y'all are on his nuts and would love it to be) cause sticky can call up his boy Jeremy and find out exactly what's the big deal with the cable. Jeremy swore he had the cable 6 MONTHS ago and still doesn't have it(as was told to me by his assistant iirc just last week) the same for ESS, roman has been saying he'll have the tune out in two months since September and if you call him right now he will tell you he's two months away still. Same with Giac, Paw and a bunch of others I've spoken to. The only ones besides Dinan I believe have the damn cable and can actually tune the engine is Renntech and @M54xxxx on here can give us more info on that I believe. Only thing about Renntech is I saw their tune for the N63'in the X5 and was disappointed to see the numbers well below even Dinan which is usually very conservative and low performing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cause sticky can call up his boy Jeremy and find out exactly what's the big deal with the cable. Jeremy swore he had the cable 6 MONTHS ago and still doesn't have it
    I'll call and see what's up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I googled that too along time ago but apparently that doesn't work with the DME, I'm not gonna pretend to have any idea why but it must not. This isn't a Shiv thing either(as much as y'all are on his nuts and would love it to be) cause sticky can call up his boy Jeremy and find out exactly what's the big deal with the cable. Jeremy swore he had the cable 6 MONTHS ago and still doesn't have it(as was told to me by his assistant iirc just last week) the same for ESS, roman has been saying he'll have the tune out in two months since September and if you call him right now he will tell you he's two months away still. Same with Giac, Paw and a bunch of others I've spoken to. The only ones besides Dinan I believe have the damn cable and can actually tune the engine is Renntech and @M54xxxx on here can give us more info on that I believe. Only thing about Renntech is I saw their tune for the N63'in the X5 and was disappointed to see the numbers well below even Dinan which is usually very conservative and low performing.

How so a specific cable is a specific cable...it should work with no problem.

If not this company seems to be able to get it:

http://www.dewamerica.com/components...ray/index.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast