Close

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    My new ESS VT600 - a different animal (car is current bolt on NA M3 60-130mph record holder)

    Hi guys,
    after much research and debate I decided to pull the trigger and get me a kit for some extra power in my M... being used to the 996-997tt all these years I felt the car was lacking some...
    So abt 1.5 month ago I pulled the trigger on an ESS VT600 kit from Sal@Autocouture (great guys over there by the way) and had the kit shipped here! It did take a bit longer than I expected due to various reasons, but everything got here in order and I had great feedback all the time both from Sal and from AJ@ ESS. Thanks guys, great customer service indeed...
    Now, after arrival of my kit I was a bit reluctant to put it on at first, mainly due to all the fuss and hype about blown motors etc and secondly due to a couple of serious buyers for my car (and a chance to go back to my beloved 997tt), but I could not resist at the end! Click here to enlarge
    I said the hell with this... it's only a days work - let;s drop it in there and have first hand experience...
    So I did, install was as easy as 1,2,3 (the fact that my shop is a very very experienced one helped ofcourse) , the new e-flash cable from ESS loads the tune in 5mins, and I was ready for the break-in procedure!
    The only problem was the extreme wheather over here with snow and cold fronts from Siberia that simply would not end... Click here to enlarge
    I did get a couple of dry days so I carefully broke her in for abt 250 miles and then gradually stepped on the gas!
    And man was I suprised... I do not have any traction whatsoever on our best road over here in 1st and 2nd gear and it only hooks up in 3rd gear (I run brand new stock size Conti 3 on stock 19's), but once it hooks the acceleration is amazing for an M3 that is!!!
    On my first 60-130mph starting from 3rd only I pulled a 7.4sec, which is repeated easily every other time, and which I am sure will improve if I get wider tyres and start higher in the rpm band in 2nd gear, but I was more impressed with the 200-250km/h which was around 5 secs!!!!
    Now if this is not a sign that the car is running strong I do not know what is...
    Pls note here that the car is in full stock form, fully loaded, on stock tyres and running pump gas.
    I did race a friend with a custom tuned Gpower manual M3 (very fast car indeed) and even when he started in 2nd gear (he has sticky 285 rubber) and I in 3rd I pulled on him easy... when we both started in 3rd gear I was 5-6 cars ahead all the time! (I repeat this car is not on the Gpower kit tune, but on a different custom map perfected on dyno and on the road, which gave another 30-40rwhp from the original file).
    He was so "frustrated" that he is trading the car in (at a severe loss) for a GTR next week! Click here to enlarge

    I have a couple of regrets however: why on earth didn't they make the M so powerful in the first place, and where I can find some reasonably priced pirelli corsas for the car? Oh and one more - why was I afraid to get me the 625 kit and now I have to pay extra for that...

    P.S. I will send my vbox run for verification as usual ( I was waiting for a set of tyres to do a better run, but no harm in posting this time until I beat it..) and I want to point out the car is running super smooth with great torque (well sure it is not match for a tuned 911tt but a hell of a lot better than before) and something noone mentioned before: The consumption has actually significantly decreased, esp if you simply drive spirited but not insane fast. I never and I mean never no matter how much I tried saw the cons go down to less than 19l/100km and now I do not seem to be able to get it over 15-16l /100km no matter what I do!!!Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    flat out moving bro...........me and you need to put on sticker tires and start in 2nd = consistent sub7 second times all day Click here to enlarge be safe out there!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    flat out moving bro...........me and you need to put on sticker tires and start in 2nd = consistent sub7 second times all day Click here to enlarge be safe out there!

    Thanks man! I am waiting for the damn wheather to clear so I can do some more tests... Click here to enlarge
    In the meantime take your beast out and set some records while you are at it please... Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    can you post the data that goes with it, the little box that shows times and distance?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    can you post the data that goes with it, the little box that shows times and distance?
    As you can clearly see I have taken these images right from the websites where I sent the original vbox file for verification in the first place. I have sent to both sites (different persons in charge) and they posted the verified graphs/results. I have no idea how to send you or post here for that matter the little box you are reffering to... sorry! Click here to enlarge
    It does strike a bit odd though to be honest that instead of making any other comment over here of any kind, this was the only thing you had to say...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by madsex343 Click here to enlarge
    As you can clearly see I have taken these images right from the websites where I sent the original vbox file for verification in the first place. I have sent to both sites (different persons in charge) and they posted the verified graphs/results. I have no idea how to send you or post here for that matter the little box you are reffering to... sorry! Click here to enlarge
    It does strike a bit odd though to be honest that instead of making any other comment over here of any kind, this was the only thing you had to say...
    % decline makes a world of difference in 60-130 times.


    Good run Btw nice times car is moving.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    % decline makes a world of difference in 60-130 times.


    Good run Btw nice times car is moving.
    But ofcourse it does and if you clicked at the links where I sourced the images (hence the input in the first place) I believe it is crystal clear:
    Member (Madsex343) ran a solid 7.41s in his ESSVT600 DCT, 2 shifts, stock tires on a 2.19% decline, this car still has more in it. Nice work Costas!
    So this means that I still have another -0.81% to explore along with a new set of wider rear tyres for sure, 2nd gear start for the run instead of 3rd gear and perhaps some better gas.. no? It all is fair game right? Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by madsex343 Click here to enlarge
    As you can clearly see I have taken these images right from the websites where I sent the original vbox file for verification in the first place. I have sent to both sites (different persons in charge) and they posted the verified graphs/results. I have no idea how to send you or post here for that matter the little box you are reffering to... sorry! Click here to enlarge
    It does strike a bit odd though to be honest that instead of making any other comment over here of any kind, this was the only thing you had to say...
    its just so i can see time stamps and distances, that is all.

    like in the image i posted of my runs
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...haust-cut-outs)

    shows the breakdown of how long (time) and distance travelled for each part

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    awesome run...definitely start in 2nd with the DCT tranny...with a manual like on my car I try to avoid shifts
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,345
    Rep Points
    32,760.8
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by madsex343 Click here to enlarge
    I did race a friend with a custom tuned Gpower manual M3 (very fast car indeed) and even when he started in 2nd gear (he has sticky 285 rubber) and I in 3rd I pulled on him easy... when we both started in 3rd gear I was 5-6 cars ahead all the time! (I repeat this car is not on the Gpower kit tune, but on a different custom map perfected on dyno and on the road, which gave another 30-40rwhp from the original file).
    He was so "frustrated" that he is trading the car in (at a severe loss) for a GTR next week!
    No video of these races?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No video of these races?
    of course not

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Points
    960.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    why cant we just congratulate the guy??? do we have to be detectives all the time??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    cause im a hater and jealous im not s/c'd yet Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,345
    Rep Points
    32,760.8
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    why cant we just congratulate the guy??? do we have to be detectives all the time??
    I don't see why we wouldn't congratulate him. He seems to be really enjoying his car and I'm glad.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Here is a 7.36sec run @ -0.79% decline, starting in 2nd gear and in D mode this time, but with great wheelspin! Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    source: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...0#post11396240

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,345
    Rep Points
    32,760.8
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by madsex343 Click here to enlarge
    Here is a 7.36sec run @ -0.79% decline, starting in 2nd gear and in D mode this time, but with great wheelspin! Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    source: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...0#post11396240
    Good job, please don't list m3post as a source since they will not offer the same courtesy.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Good job, please don't list m3post as a source since they will not offer the same courtesy.

    Thanks man and sorry for the link. I only put it in to prove it is real and not a photoshop. Maybe next time I can simply send you my vbox file so you can verify it and post it perhaps if that is ok ofcourse. Then perhaps our friend LostM will be happy as well... Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    As long as you post height and the acceleration/distance results I'm always happy for a satisfied customer

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,345
    Rep Points
    32,760.8
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by madsex343 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man and sorry for the link. I only put it in to prove it is real and not a photoshop. Maybe next time I can simply send you my vbox file so you can verify it and post it perhaps if that is ok ofcourse. Then perhaps our friend LostM will be happy as well... Click here to enlarge
    That's fine, we are going to get a person to verify these runs as I just don't have the time.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •