Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 79
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    In my gintani m3 @5.5lbs I raced an e55 that was running between 11.2-11.4 @ 122-124....on the freeway...I was retarded and started in 3rd while he was in second....he would jump about 3 cars on me then would stay even...did a few races all were the same. My point is does starting in the wrong gear really play that much of a roll cause didn't seem to for me, only did in the beginning
    If you have more power and start in the wrong gear the race will have to be longer for you to be able to show it. It just puts you in a hole that you then need more distance/time to compensate for.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    I get that my point was in even If u start in wrong gear...u can kind of ignore it at high speed by just seeing if the ahead car keeps distancing itself, stops gaining, or start losing groud ect....but in vid above u can see that even if pea started in correct gear wouldn't of made much difference..cause the Porsche is still distancing itself rapidly at higher speeds
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    I get that my point was in even If u start in wrong gear...u can kind of ignore it at high speed by just seeing if the ahead car keeps distancing itself, stops gaining, or start losing groud ect....but in vid above u can see that even if pea started in correct gear wouldn't of made much difference..cause the Porsche is still distancing itself rapidly at higher speeds
    Yes, the correct gear would have only delayed the outcome not radically changed it. I get you Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    I get that my point was in even If u start in wrong gear...u can kind of ignore it at high speed by just seeing if the ahead car keeps distancing itself, stops gaining, or start losing groud ect....but in vid above u can see that even if pea started in correct gear wouldn't of made much difference..cause the Porsche is still distancing itself rapidly at higher speeds
    I agree with you. If he has started in the correct gear, the distance between them would have been less, but we can still see that the P-car kept pulling away up top as well

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    570
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    I agree with you. If he has started in the correct gear, the distance between them would have been less, but we can still see that the P-car kept pulling away up top as well

    ya man! the freakin Porsche was about to take off big time
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    At the next event i will do some tests starting in 50, 70, 80 km/h to find out how much is affect is has, but my experience is that the effect is huge.
    When i raced with my 335 who had the sweet spot at 50 ,i could beat much stronger na cars.
    I gained 1-2 cl in the start and the stronger car couldīt catch up

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    I agre with you i dont belive the car is making 600whp, maybe 530-550, the first dynoruns were done directly after the assemble of the ess kit.
    At that time the timing was good after a long drive with little load, and no adaption was done.And there is not that much load one the motor with a few Dynopulls. and since the ecu is able to pull 8 degrees of timing the power will drop
    When you doing races from 50 to 280,290 the ecu is probably starts to pull timing and reduce the whp, we will se next weekwhen i will do a new dyno.

    The car how did the first dyno in this thread is participating today with the has the same setup as me except he has a acropovic exhaust, i asked him to race the same cars as me to get a good test
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your line of thinking is very respectable.
    +1

    Pea, you need to leave it in second gear. I would suggest getting a second pair of stock 18" rear tires and install 265/40R18 M/T drag radials. That will keep you from spinning and it will match your front wheels.

    You might also want to run some VP 100 race fuel in the tank for about 100 miles before/during the race which should allow the DME to start advance the timing.

    Max out the PSI on the front tires and take some out of the back.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    In my gintani m3 @5.5lbs I raced an e55 that was running between 11.2-11.4 @ 122-124....on the freeway...I was retarded and started in 3rd while he was in second....he would jump about 3 cars on me then would stay even...did a few races all were the same. My point is does starting in the wrong gear really play that much of a roll cause didn't seem to for me, only did in the beginning
    Agreed Sammy, the same thing happened to me against a Modded GT-R, but when I was in the correct gear I did much better. I must say that 997tt that per ran twice looks faster than the claimed HP, so that loss may not be as bad as one would think.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    +1

    Pea, you need to leave it in second gear. I would suggest getting a second pair of stock 18" rear tires and install 265/40R18 M/T drag radials. That will keep you from spinning and it will match your front wheels.

    You might also want to run some VP 100 race fuel in the tank for about 100 miles before/during the race which should allow the DME to start advance the timing.

    Max out the PSI on the front tires and take some out of the back.
    100 miles to adapt? I doubt it takes that long; the s54 takes about 4-5 rips/runs to adapt.

    What is the benefit of increasing the front tires air pressure?

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    100 miles to adapt? I doubt it takes that long; the s54 takes about 4-5 rips/runs to adapt.

    What is the benefit of increasing the front tires air pressure?
    Lower rolling resistance.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Lower rolling resistance.
    I though there might be some other benefit for traction or something

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    100 miles to adapt? I doubt it takes that long; the s54 takes about 4-5 rips/runs to adapt.
    Honestly I don't know how long it takes the S65 to adapt. It's gotta be done by 100 miles though! LOL

    Anyone know for sure? Maybe 20 miles? 4-5 hard runs?
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Agreed 100 miles should do it! But why would it have to adapt to make that power anyway? He's using the same fuel at the airfield event that he was on the 594whp dyno. I would think the ECU would only pull 8 degrees of timing if it detected some serious knock?
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    The ecu was adapted to a 420 hp engine when i did the first dyno, tomorrow when i will dyno again ir will be adapted to a 600+ (Crank) engine where the possibility for knock is much higher, it is going to be interesting to see how big the difference is.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    The ecu was adapted to a 420 hp engine when i did the first dyno, tomorrow when i will dyno again ir will be adapted to a 600+ (Crank) engine where the possibility for knock is much higher, it is going to be interesting to see how big the difference is.
    It has nothing to do with your stock ECU tune/file, when ESS installs a supercharger, they also flash the ECU with a completely different tune, with this new ECU file the timing should be much lower than stock, there's no need for it to adapt that much, and it is certainly not adapting from the stock tune.

    If one make's 594whp then they go and drive the car around, do WOT runs, etc. without changing anything and then come back a few days later, you should make the same power. I've done this, and I made the same power.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Well you maybe right we will se tomorrow, i let you know the result. i will be using the same dyno.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    Well you maybe right we will se tomorrow, i let you know the result. i will be using the same dyno.
    Sounds good, best of luck, no doubt your car still moves very well. BTW you have a fantastic attitude and demeanor on the forums! You do not get defensive like most of us. Click here to enlarge
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    It has nothing to do with your stock ECU tune/file, when ESS installs a supercharger, they also flash the ECU with a completely different tune, with this new ECU file the timing should be much lower than stock, there's no need for it to adapt that much, and it is certainly not adapting from the stock tune.

    If one make's 594whp then they go and drive the car around, do WOT runs, etc. without changing anything and then come back a few days later, you should make the same power. I've done this, and I made the same power.
    x2

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    Well you maybe right we will se tomorrow, i let you know the result. i will be using the same dyno.
    Who's dyno? Is it ESS's dyno you are using?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I will be using the ESS dyno tomorrow just get get comparable results

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    533
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    It has nothing to do with your stock ECU tune/file, when ESS installs a supercharger, they also flash the ECU with a completely different tune, with this new ECU file the timing should be much lower than stock, there's no need for it to adapt that much, and it is certainly not adapting from the stock tune.

    If one make's 594whp then they go and drive the car around, do WOT runs, etc. without changing anything and then come back a few days later, you should make the same power. I've done this, and I made the same power.
    +1 When you get flashed with S/C ECU file you're adaptions should be cleared in that process and if anything the ECU will gain power with each run after that as it optimises for the conditions it really wouldn't pull timing unless it was knocking a whole lot and since you are running 94octane aki I don't see why that would happen.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Agreed 100 miles should do it! But why would it have to adapt to make that power anyway? He's using the same fuel at the airfield event that he was on the 594whp dyno. I would think the ECU would only pull 8 degrees of timing if it detected some serious knock?
    It should not have to adapt to make power. The ECU should only pull larger amounts of timing if it detects knock. I think the ECU might advance timing just a little (I'm guessing 2-4 degrees) with higher octane fuel overtime. The race fuel is more of an insurance package for me which should keep away any detonation and keep the timing in advance mode which is why I suggested using it during competion.
    Last edited by Mikewads; 06-08-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I did some more dynos today on Ess dyno, they looked better than i thought, did loose some hp after adaption but not as many .
    I find it useless to do a dyno on another dyno without a baseline , so the gain with the kit is realy god. It seems like i did get more pony's than i payed for.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    It should not have to adapt to make power. The ECU should only pull larger amounts of timing if it detects knock. I think the ECU might advance timing just a little (I'm guessing 2-4 degrees) with higher octane fuel overtime. The race fuel is more of an insurance package for me which should keep away any detonation and keep the timing in advance mode which is why I suggested using it during competion.
    Well said Mike, I totally agree!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm glad it worked out for ya Pea. ESS sure put the car through plenty of dyno runs today! What's the temperature where you are located?
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Agreed 100 miles should do it! But why would it have to adapt to make that power anyway? He's using the same fuel at the airfield event that he was on the 594whp dyno. I would think the ECU would only pull 8 degrees of timing if it detected some serious knock?
    Yes, exactly, it won't be a radical shift and will happen very quickly. Plus, not like it can't adapt right there on the dyno and is running a tune that is already set for a specific range.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •