Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    Congrats PEA thats alot of power! def go do some 60-130 vbox runs!! and when are the m5board vids going up?
    Gustav does not put them all up and he releases slowly one at a time to get people to buy his DVD...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    just came home from the first day of the m5boardevent, raced a lot of cars, tuned m5s, ferarri f40, meth 335s, was easy wins, was even with a 700+ audi rs6, and a noell stroked m6, i lost against 2 tuned porsche turbo and a gtr p850+ switzer with 5-6 clsr, same car who raced a veyron on youtube.
    I will post some links to videos as they are being published.
    I was surpriced with the 2 stock gtrs, one was a easy win , but the other one i missed the start with a few meters and it took me almost to 240km/h until i passed him, the start is realy important in races like this
    Not trying to be a hater but if you're car was making 600whp then I dont' see how you were only even with HEAVIER cars that made less then 500whp ? I.E the Stroker M6 and the STOCK GT-R that should have been walk city... Also I'm thinking you should have walked the RS6 too since it makes about the same crank HP as you do but weighs like 750lbs+ more and has AWD its kinda confusing... Congrats on the other runs at least.

Found a couple vids online btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6s863P-6VQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbr5x2NYW4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP79yU7cccs

Ya not sure about that car making 600whp sorry.. Might wanna try another dyno
    Last edited by JonMartin; 06-06-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ i know on m3p filinM3 from Moscow has the 600hp ESS kit but with DCT and he beat the same RS6. Guess the tranny really made the difference.

Video is at link
    http://www.dragtimes.info/forum/showthread.php?t=895
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    ^ i know on m3p filinM3 from Moscow has the 600hp ESS kit but with DCT and he beat the same RS6. Guess the tranny really made the difference.

Video is at link
    http://www.dragtimes.info/forum/showthread.php?t=895
    Sorry brotha I don't buy that.. I've had my own personal experience and the tranny doesn't make up that much difference lol.. Maybe 20-30hp not 100hp also didn't that RS6 ONLY trap 123mph... Your car would have walked him.. Hell maybe even your Porsche can do that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Sorry brotha I don't buy that.. I've had my own personal experience and the tranny doesn't make up that much difference lol.. Maybe 20-30hp not 100hp also didn't that RS6 ONLY trap 123mph... Your car would have walked him.. Hell maybe even your Porsche can do that.
    also depends on how fast the driver can shift, some are faster than others. but you are correct
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    JONMARTIN

I agre with you i dont belive the car is making 600whp, maybe 530-550, the first dynoruns were done directly after the assemble of the ess kit.
    At that time the timing was good after a long drive with little load, and no adaption was done.And there is not that much load one the motor with a few Dynopulls. and since the ecu is able to pull 8 degrees of timing the power will drop
    When you doing races from 50 to 280,290 the ecu is probably starts to pull timing and reduce the whp, we will se next weekwhen i will do a new dyno.

The car how did the first dyno in this thread is participating today with the has the same setup as me except he has a acropovic exhaust, i asked him to race the same cars as me to get a good test
    Last edited by Pea; 06-06-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot to quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As I suspected....

The ESS guys need to stop chasing numbers and start chasing real world results... Not directed at you Pea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drew pulled a 600awp 997 with "less power" than Pea, yet Pea couldn't pull on a chipped 997 making less than 500awp?

Pea, PLEASE get a INDEPENDANT dyno done as soon as you can brotha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not trying to be a hater but if you're car was making 600whp then I dont' see how you were only even with HEAVIER cars that made less then 500whp ? I.E the Stroker M6 and the STOCK GT-R that should have been walk city... Also I'm thinking you should have walked the RS6 too since it makes about the same crank HP as you do but weighs like 750lbs+ more and has AWD its kinda confusing... Congrats on the other runs at least.

Found a couple vids online btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6s863P-6VQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbr5x2NYW4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP79yU7cccs

Ya not sure about that car making 600whp sorry.. Might wanna try another dyno

I wonder what BS excuse Roman is going to come up with now.

Pea, Sorry man, If I were you I'd be pretty pissed off right now...
    Last edited by tightie; 06-06-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: wrong link

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    JONMARTIN

I agre with you i dont belive the car is making 600whp, maybe 530-550, the first dynoruns were done directly after the assemble of the ess kit.
    At that time the timing was good after a long drive with little load, and no adaption was done.And there is not that much load one the motor with a few Dynopulls. and since the ecu is able to pull 8 degrees of timing the power will drop
    When you doing races from 50 to 280,290 the ecu is probably starts to pull timing and reduce the whp, we will se next weekwhen i will do a new dyno.

The car how did the first dyno in this thread is participating today with the has the same setup as me except he has a acropovic exhaust, i asked him to race the same cars as me to get a good test
    Your line of thinking is very respectable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tightie Click here to enlarge
    Look at that.. video removed.. hmmm

I think Pea is very happy with his setup and I was impressed he is smart and big enough of a man to admin he does not have 600 whp.

The ESS kit is very nice but yes, this dyno stuff they do drives me a little crazy sometimes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tightie Click here to enlarge
    Look at that.. video removed.. hmmm

suspect since vids were removed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KiokenM3 Click here to enlarge
    suspect since vids were removed
    The vids are up, the previous one's Jon linked were not quite viewable that's why they were removed and replaced with the one's below. I think everyone makes some good points, I agree with everyone else, including Pea, his car was probably not making 590whp, STD CF, on these runs, but maybe something was wrong. I'm not so sure I concur with you Pea on the adaptation/dyno explanation, it's possible something else was not right, I will leave it at at that.

I will say that Evotech 997tt appears to be VERY FAST, it is claimed to be just a Evo tech stage 2, a simple Flash/Exhaust (traps range from 120-126 with those type of setups) it looks like that car trapped 123MPH at the Moscow Unlimited 500+ event. Their more powerful Evotech Stage 3 car, upgraded turbo's, did 100-200kph in 6.8 seconds, probably around 7.8 seconds 60-130MPH , but that Stage 2 seems to move very well for just those mods. Regardless thank you Pea for posting about the results, and excellent job against the RS6, and other cars.

Here's the vids against the Stage 2 Evotech 997tt-

Last edited by DLSJ5; 06-06-2010 at 04:18 PM.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not pissed off at all, the dyno i posted was facts i saw it with my one eyes, but i newer thought about the timing effect.
    And for the record , they didnīt modifie the dyno in anyway. the differnce from stock to modified was there.But the timimg didnīt get any time to adapt.
    I will do a dyno on the same place next week, and the same settings . i guess it will be lower numbers.
    The biggest problem we will have when racing turbocars as the porsche in real world, is the lack of Torque and that our powerband is a bit short, our peak is at 7500-8500rpm.
    At least in the race i did yesterday from 50-290 km/h. When i started at app. 3500 rpm i have 200whp where the porsche has more whp and a ton of torque.
    That results in that the porsche get a couple if extra km/h the first 50 meter, something that is impossible to catch before we reach 290 km/h
    If we on the other hand starts at 80km/h i will have similar whp than the porsche and the race will look quite different, so if you will race some other car start in a speed where we have
    a power advantage, not in 50 km/h
    I have been racing on that airfield before with my stage 3 tuned 335, the topspeed was 350, the m3 topspeed was 280-290
    Last edited by Pea; 06-06-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the video, you were posting it while i was writing the post above

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You start at 3500rpm? Try downshifting lol....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You start at 3500rpm? Try downshifting lol....
    I tryed , it is a bad idea the gear is much to short and the tires just spinn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you were in the wrong gear, that would explain A LOT!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the SC kit Pea! Welcome to BB.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I tryed , it is a bad idea the gear is much to short and the tires just spinn
    If you were not in the proper gear, I've found that you lose about 1-2 cars!

Here's you pulling on one of the more impressive JB3 335I's, nice work!

08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What does that^ JB 335 trap about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    What does that^ JB 335 trap about?
    Probably between 116-120 depending on mods an fuel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pea is a great sport!Click here to enlarge

as for starting in the wrong gear! I have had some races with E55(lots of torque) cars where we started about 55-60kph and I found that your in a weird position, mainly because your in the middle of 1st and 2nd gear. But since your runs are all based on rolling starts I still think if you have started off on 2nd gear and worked your way up the 3rd the difference must have been better. Let the Porsche make the extra gear change! I know the porsches have a wider gear ratio and the car is smaller too. But 1 gear change can be worlds of difference especially when your going up to 300kph.

thanks for sharing.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just saw the vids! damn the Porsche was pulling away
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    Pea is a great sport!Click here to enlarge

as for starting in the wrong gear! I have had some races with E55(lots of torque) cars where we started about 55-60kph and I found that your in a weird position, mainly because your in the middle of 1st and 2nd gear. But since your runs are all based on rolling starts I still think if you have started off on 2nd gear and worked your way up the 3rd the difference must have been better. Let the Porsche make the extra gear change! I know the porsches have a wider gear ratio and the car is smaller too. But 1 gear change can be worlds of difference especially when your going up to 300kph.

thanks for sharing.
    In my gintani m3 @5.5lbs I raced an e55 that was running between 11.2-11.4 @ 122-124....on the freeway...I was retarded and started in 3rd while he was in second....he would jump about 3 cars on me then would stay even...did a few races all were the same. My point is does starting in the wrong gear really play that much of a roll cause didn't seem to for me, only did in the beginning
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast