Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 160
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Technically a 15% drivetrain loss with that number is around 710 whp. So if gintani dyno hit 680 or so, that makes sense.
    18% loss would be much more accurate.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn, this thread is a year old, I replied to fastgti96's post 2/17/12
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Damn, this thread is a year old, I replied to fastgti96's post 2/17/12
    LOL, I was gonna say, damn this is brought from the dead.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well the owner works for them so not strange at all.
    That makes it even more strange.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    LOL, I was gonna say, damn this is brought from the dead.
    my badd...but I was very curious where this car was...since I haven't seen it at any West Coast events.
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    That makes it even more strange.
    Don't see how.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't see how.
    It's strange to build a low-compression S65 M3 with an upgraded blower, make 828 hp and then just scrap it without a word. You don't even need to be a skeptic to conclude that the motor blew or was simply unrealiable. Otherwise they would be taking the car out and showing what it can do and selling more blowers as a result.
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    You don't even need to be a skeptic to conclude that the motor blew or was simply unrealiable. Otherwise they would be taking the car out and showing what it can do and selling more blowers as a result.
    You realize it's a pseudo-shop car, meaning they prob tore the motor apart after briefly beating on it to make sure everything was running fine before selling a similar supercharger setup to customers, and have since made some additional modifications (which are being hinted at in Sticky's build thread).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    454
    Rep Points
    559.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
    sorry if i am being a noob and ask a stupid question, but i've been biting my tonge on this topic for a very long time.
    why are we subtracting percentage of crank power instead subtracting a fixed amount of WHP when calculating drivtrain loss??
    I mean shouldn't drivetrain loss be a constant factor of WHP regardless of how much a car is making at the crank?
    i.e. if a stock M3 rate at 414BHP makes 350whp, then shouldn't the driveline loss for that M3 will always be 64WHP? drivetrain loss is just the amount of power needed to spin the drive shaft, flywheel, clutch, and finally rotate the wheels and tires correct?
    so why would the same M3, now modded to 800BHP all of a sudden needs 200whp to run the same driveline?

    can someone please help me understand?
    I've been wondering this for years... to me, if your transmission takes 15 HP to turn all it's bits, there is no reason it should take more HP to turn it if the engine is making more power. Now, let me see if there is a post after yours with the answer.....

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    454
    Rep Points
    559.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    I've been wondering this for years... to me, if your transmission takes 15 HP to turn all it's bits, there is no reason it should take more HP to turn it if the engine is making more power. Now, let me see if there is a post after yours with the answer.....
    Welp, there was an answer in there.... How about that...

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    because power to move it is not a constant

    this is why engine dynos and wheel based dynos ALWAYS show 2 different numbers, and its not a fixed number, but a %.. nothing new here

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    It's strange to build a low-compression S65 M3 with an upgraded blower, make 828 hp and then just scrap it without a word. You don't even need to be a skeptic to conclude that the motor blew or was simply unrealiable. Otherwise they would be taking the car out and showing what it can do and selling more blowers as a result.
    Like I said considering he works for them and they achieved what they needed to the project car now moves onto the next project. Don't see what's so strange to use the same car to develop multiple packages. Are they supposed to buy more than one?

    You're concluding the motor blew because they decided to develop turbos? That's pretty stupid especially considering his motor never saw above 16.5 psi and you can go see it at the shop. It's not one of the three blocks on display, so, um, you're negative speculation is rather insulting/low class.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You realize it's a pseudo-shop car, meaning they prob tore the motor apart after briefly beating on it to make sure everything was running fine before selling a similar supercharger setup to customers, and have since made some additional modifications (which are being hinted at in Sticky's build thread).
    Now here is the proper conclusion.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's getting turbos.
    When I originally read this, I 100% thought you were being sarcastic. Didn't realize until reading post #111 that you're being completely serious that Gintani is going to make an attempt at turbocharging the S65 (which is awesome). Assuming they're looking to go TT on a built motor for big horsepower?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    When I originally read this, I 100% thought you were being sarcastic. Didn't realize until reading post #111 that you're being completely serious that Gintani is going to make an attempt at turbocharging the S65 (which is awesome). Assuming they're looking to go TT on a built motor for big horsepower?
    I'm not commenting further...

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Like I said considering he works for them and they achieved what they needed to the project car now moves onto the next project. Don't see what's so strange to use the same car to develop multiple packages. Are they supposed to buy more than one?

    You're concluding the motor blew because they decided to develop turbos? That's pretty stupid especially considering his motor never saw above 16.5 psi and you can go see it at the shop. It's not one of the three blocks on display, so, um, you're negative speculation is rather insulting/low class.
    Bull$#@! it's a reasonable conclusion to draw that something happened to it (like the bearings failed). That would be a logical explain as to why they didn't market it. If they got it working perfectly after all that $$ R&D and didn't market it...like I said, that's strange.
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Bull$#@! it's a reasonable conclusion to draw that something happened to it (like the bearings failed). That would be a logical explain as to why they didn't market it. If they got it working perfectly after all that $$ R&D and didn't market it...like I said, that's strange.
    No it's a stupid conclusion designed to be negative. Automatically you go to worse case scenario even after I already told you the car is simply getting a different setup. Sorry they don't have the luxury of 210348013481038034 m3's to build to alleviate your baseless speculations.

    What did they not market? The Stage III setup is marketed and being designed and a separate setup is being developed on the same car that was used for development in the first place.

    So, um, once again, dumb.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Bull$#@! it's a reasonable conclusion to draw that something happened to it (like the bearings failed). That would be a logical explain as to why they didn't market it. If they got it working perfectly after all that $$ R&D and didn't market it...like I said, that's strange.
    Gintani has been marketing the Stage 3 since they completed their first built motor, otherwise how do you explain how Tightie (who's using a Vortech T-Trim) and EugeneTaiwan both having Gintani Stage 3 cars?

    If you called Gintani tomorrow asked for an estimate for a Stage 3 S65 build with a YSI blower, I'm sure they'd have no problem giving you a price, the build specs & a time frame of when to expect the completed build. Unless you're on the level of Hennessy, Switzer or UGR, there's no way a shop has enough money floating around to buy multiple expensive sports cars to conduct R&D on for new build projects. Chances are like Terry has his 135, Gintani has 1 (maybe 2) E9x M3s shop cars, 1 E60 M5 and one new F10 M5.

    If you think ESS has a stable of E9x M3s, you're an idiot. Chances are they still have 1-2 cars that they do some R&D on for kit and tune updates and that's it. The only difference between ESS & Gintani is while Gintani continues to push the envelope, ESS is "content" with what they're currently offering.

    EDIT: By the way, the car was featured in an article here on BB only 4 months ago, working perfectly fine and showcasing how much more power the YSI offers vs. Tightie's Stage 3
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...ersus-16-5-psi
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  18. #118
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    133
    Rep Points
    48.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No it's a stupid conclusion designed to be negative. Automatically you go to worse case scenario even after I already told you the car is simply getting a different setup. Sorry they don't have the luxury of 210348013481038034 m3's to build to alleviate your baseless speculations.

    What did they not market? The Stage III setup is marketed and being designed and a separate setup is being developed on the same car that was used for development in the first place.

    So, um, once again, dumb.
    So it would be perfect for a front page article.

    Don't be so butt hurt when its about Gintani , you created more then enough of those instigating , speculating threads towards ESS and other vendors.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    So it would be perfect for a front page article.

    Don't be so butt hurt when its about Gintani , you created more then enough of those instigating , speculating threads towards ESS and other vendors.
    It's burrhurt to point out immediately jumping to the most negative conclusion possible? Instead of simply asking me what is going on and me explaining as I did? Yet continuing to hold onto that negative conclusion?

    Instigating and speculating threads towards ESS and other vendors? Show me one. Because when I posted anything it was backed up with evidence: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...lure-diagnosis

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's burrhurt to point out immediately jumping to the most negative conclusion possible? Instead of simply asking me what is going on and me explaining as I did? Yet continuing to hold onto that negative conclusion?

    Instigating and speculating threads towards ESS and other vendors? Show me one. Because when I posted anything it was backed up with evidence: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...lure-diagnosis
    Butthurt? You obviously don't know me.

    As an S65 supercharger owner, it pains me to see any S65 motor blow...and I really hope in this case it didn't. I was doing research on the various S/C offerings last year and would have liked to know more about this car. I assumed a company would have been proud building an S65 with 828 hp (more than any other Stage 3 e9X M3) and would have taken the opportunity to market it better. So, I just concluded in the thread above that the lack of significant marketing was strange. Did they not market it more because the motor blew? Who knows but maybe...maybe not. Who $#@!ing cares if that's what I'm speculating. I have nothing against Gintani...and have no motivation to make this a XYZ vs XYZ supercharger post. I've never done that.
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Butthurt? You obviously don't know me.

    As an S65 supercharger owner, it pains me to see any S65 motor blow...and I really hope in this case it didn't. I was doing research on the various S/C offerings last year and would have liked to know more about this car. I assumed a company would have been proud building an S65 with 828 hp (more than any other Stage 3 e9X M3) and would have taken the opportunity to market it better. So, I just concluded in the thread above that the lack of significant marketing was strange. Did they not market it more because the motor blew? Who knows but maybe...maybe not. Who $#@!ing cares if that's what I'm speculating. I have nothing against Gintani...and have no motivation to make this a XYZ vs XYZ supercharger post. I've never done that.
    IN case you haven't noticed, Gintani's "forum behavior" is remain quiet, post when we release a new product with specific details, and that's it. More often then not, when they've posted anything they let the craftsmanship + results speak for themselves and it's forum members and/or Sticky (putting it on the Home Page here on BB) that really builds up "awareness" of Gintani's newest accomplishment
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    As an S65 supercharger owner, it pains me to see any S65 motor blow...and I really hope in this case it didn't.
    You're still on this? How many times do you have to be told the same car with the same motor is getting turbos?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    I was doing research on the various S/C offerings last year and would have liked to know more about this car. I assumed a company would have been proud building an S65 with 828 hp (more than any other Stage 3 e9X M3) and would have taken the opportunity to market it better.
    You can't pick up a phone, send an e-mail, or go down there? You have several options.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Did they not market it more because the motor blew? Who knows but maybe...maybe not. Who $#@!ing cares if that's what I'm speculating.
    I already answered this for you multiple times yet you continue negative speculation.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    IN case you haven't noticed, Gintani's "forum behavior" is remain quiet, post when we release a new product with specific details, and that's it. More often then not, when they've posted anything they let the craftsmanship + results speak for themselves and it's forum members and/or Sticky (putting it on the Home Page here on BB) that really builds up "awareness" of Gintani's newest accomplishment
    Exactly they just let the product speak. They learned their lesson trying to share their products and enter into discussion on the "other" site when fanboys bashed the hell out of it baselessly. You know, saying things like the motor had to blow blah blah blah.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You're still on this? How many times do you have to be told the same car with the same motor is getting turbos?



    You can't pick up a phone, send an e-mail, or go down there? You have several options.



    I already answered this for you multiple times yet you continue negative speculation.
    You can tell me 123891798235 times and i dont give a $#@! because I dont necesarily believe the things you say. Oh, and last year I did call ESS, VF (through EAS), Gintani and AA and spoke with people at track events with S/C M3's to help educate myself on the different product offerings.
    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    You can tell me 123891798235 times and i dont give a $#@! because I dont necesarily believe the things you say. Oh, and last year I did call ESS, VF (through EAS), Gintani and AA and spoke with people at track events with S/C M3's to help educate myself on the different product offerings.
    If you don't believe me then why don't you call and confirm it? See if I'm just lying to you because I enjoy amusing myself. Ask if the motor is blown or if it is getting turbos.

    You can even GO DOWN THERE and verify if you don't believe me. At this point, it's on you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •