Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Lol this is getting stupid guys. And to think the Z06 is untouchable is ridiculous. There is nothing magic about the Z06. Its a somewhat light car with large contact patches and a fair amount of horsepower....

Anyway I didn't want to bring the topic off. I'm saying this kit would allow a N54 to be in that "league" of acceleration. To think otherwise is being close minded.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    That's a bold statement for something that hasn't and will probably never be done. I've learned not to underestimate anything...I'll do the same for this argument.
    So you are telling me a 1M could run a 7:22 on the ring, which is what the Z06 ran, having the same or a little more power to the wheels? The 1M ran an 8:15 - THAT IS A HUGE!!! difference my man, a power increase won't do that much, you are going to have to change a whole lot of things in that 1M's suspension......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Lol this is getting stupid guys. And to think the Z06 is untouchable is ridiculous. There is nothing magic about the Z06. Its a somewhat light car with large contact patches and a fair amount of horsepower....

Anyway I didn't want to bring the topic off. I'm saying this kit would allow a N54 to be in that "league" of acceleration. To think otherwise is being close minded.....
    League of accelerations would be absolutely correct.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

7:22 by a E46 M3 CSL.

It's not that far-fetched. I never said it would be "easy", although with enough money, it would be relatively easy in my eyes to get a kick-ass track car from the 1M.

Especially with the power levels that are starting to be made. And there is still plenty of room for improvement in the N54 turbo-kit "scene".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    So you are telling me a 1M could run a 7:22 on the ring, which is what the Z06 ran, having the same or a little more power to the wheels? The 1M ran an 8:15 - THAT IS A HUGE!!! difference my man, a power increase won't do that much, you are going to have to change a whole lot of things in that 1M's suspension......
    LOL no dude, I'm not saying that. Of COURSE the 1M would need suspension mods! I mean, the 1M comes with 245/30R19 and 265/35R19 Pilot Sport 2s from the Factory. It's fairly high of the ground to make it nice for DD/ The Z06 Comes with like 285s and 325s Pilot Super Sports or something ridiculously wide like that. You have to dodge almost everything because of the ride height. And who really knows what compound they used to set that ring time? Plus it is 2-seat and very track-focused suspension!

Let's keep it simple, 470-580whp would put a 1M OR 335i in the same or greater acceleration "league" as a stock Z06 in a straight line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Let's keep it simple, 470-580whp would put a 1M OR 335i in the same or greater acceleration "league" as a stock Z06 in a straight line.
    I agree man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And you'll have spent thousands and thousands. Just so you can say your BMW can keep up with a stock Z06 in a straight line... and then the Z06 driver buys 1 mod.

Nobody is saying that a fully modded out BMW can't keep up with a stock Z06, but a modded Z06 will make most BMWs his $#@!. I have driven one. We're not even close to the raw power of that car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    And you'll have spent thousands and thousands. Just so you can say your BMW can keep up with a stock Z06 in a straight line... and then the Z06 driver buys 1 mod.

Nobody is saying that a fully modded out BMW can't keep up with a stock Z06, but a modded Z06 will make most BMWs his $#@!. I have driven one. We're not even close to the raw power of that car.
    I guess the same thing could be said for the GTR vs ZO6....just playing devils advocate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    oh how nice it would be to actually talk about Erics HPF single turbo N54 in here..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    oh how nice it would be to actually talk about Erics HPF single turbo N54 in here..
    Well there isn't much to talk about now is there? I mean did HPF say that they're going back to the drawing board so nothing new will be coming for a while now? Time for the Cricket band to show up and start the music.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Yep, came in here to check if there are any numbers yet... nope.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Yep, came in here to check if there are any numbers yet... nope.
    They had issues with 02 sensor placement. Since they were both placed post-turbo the two cylinder banks were fighting each other and they could not get a stable A/F ratio. They are either going to build a new manifold or come up with a different solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

They had issues with 02 sensor placement. Since they were both placed post-turbo the two cylinder banks were fighting each other and they could not get a stable A/F ratio. They are either going to build a new manifold or come up with a different solution.
    Hmm, pretty bad marketing to announce a price and then find out the product isn't working. But I hope they will keep this back on track and I'm looking forward to see how it stacks up against Shiv's kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    IIRC you did the two sensors post turbo setup like HPF right? I remember hearing the AFR was going wonky on the standback.
    No, they were pre-turbo, because I knew that the banks had to be separate Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge

This.... Z06 does a H/C and its game over. Add a 100 shot, and you probably can put a couple Greyhounds on a single turbo 335i in a gear or two.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, pretty bad marketing to announce a price and then find out the product isn't working.
    Dude, if you realized how harassed they were on e90post for pricing you wouldn't say that Click here to enlarge you wouldn't believe how impatient some of the members there are, especially those that will NEVER $#@!ing buy it...the guys that are actually thinking and have the money are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see gains, power under the curve, overall tuning approaches, etc etc...

too many nagging kids hanging around e90post in the last while

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^ +1, very true...too much naggin' recently indeed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
    This.... Z06 does a H/C and its game over. Add a 100 shot, and you probably can put a couple Greyhounds on a single turbo 335i in a gear or two.
    And then your plastic window switch cover pops out! Click here to enlarge

I agree, the Z06 is beast. Even the Grand Sport with the right mods. We had one around 640whp with a centrifugal supercharger and methanol injection while in Orlando, Florida. LOL this thing would try to do simulated 1/4 mile and for the first 8 seconds you would see and feel rubber chunks falling from the sky!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Dude, if you realized how harassed they were on e90post for pricing you wouldn't say that Click here to enlarge you wouldn't believe how impatient some of the members there are, especially those that will NEVER $#@!ing buy it...the guys that are actually thinking and have the money are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see gains, power under the curve, overall tuning approaches, etc etc...

too many nagging kids hanging around e90post in the last while
    plus $#@!ing 1 dz, nail on the head. i just cant believe HPF would cave.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BES335xi Click here to enlarge
    ^ +1, very true...too much naggin' recently indeed
    $#@!ing naggers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123