Close

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Video's on Evolve's facebook of them giving it some revs Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is with valves blowing to atmosphere - there is also a recirculating option for those who want it more civil.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Imran[MENTION=1803
    evolve;335451]This is with valves blowing to atmosphere - there is also a recirculating option for those who want it more civil.

http://youtu.be/snUfP89QMtA
    The whole point of a supercharged M3 is not to be civil Click here to enlarge I love venting to the atmosphere it just sounds boss.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking at that manifold reminds me of transformers lol. Amazing work guys. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My vote is for VTA, recirculating is boring, civilized, but boring.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    My vote is for VTA, recirculating is boring, civilized, but boring.
    Civilized, just like your exhaust

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    First pictures posted on any forum.
    Some quick pictures as promised. These are not professional images. Just quickly taken outside of the car how it is. No cleaning of the engine bay. We use this car daily.

The finish is anoldised silver on this one. Xylon coated in black comes at no extra charge.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Kit is in production now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks so raw and menacing! I really like how the pathway of the intercooler is very short between the supercharger and feeding into the intake manifold. Looks to be very efficient!

Keep us posted on further updates. I can't wait to see the black Xylon coating.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks so sexy
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AWE $#@!TTT!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Godamn that is a sexy kit!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    First pictures posted on any forum.
    Some quick pictures as promised. These are not professional images. Just quickly taken outside of the car how it is. No cleaning of the engine bay. We use this car daily.

The finish is anoldised silver on this one. Xylon coated in black comes at no extra charge.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...2f5c43_b-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...7f28f6_b-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...ba3394_b-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...f513dd_b-1.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...8849e9_b-1.jpg

Click here to enlarge

Kit is in production now.
    Great progress guys, looking sexy!!!!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love how many of us describe this kit as sexy..... Click here to enlarge

I really need to start saving pennies and finish school. @evolve and @Imranevolve , you guys better be ready. In the far future, I want to order a custom set with CF intake plenum and piping Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just a few comments on testing.

Hardware:

The hardware used on the prototype is exactly what will be used on production with respect to design. As far as materials go we decided to test with weaker components. If the weaker components survive then we know components which are 10 x stronger will never have an issue.
    An example of this - boost runners through the front panel (the black looking intake pipes) are made of Nylon. Now this is nowhere near as strong as aluminium. Nylon is taking the boost spikes when we let off the throttle at the rpm limiter. We are using sub standard sealing methods on purpose in that area such as under sized O-Rings and cheap sealant. Still we have no boost leaks and the relatively weak Nylon parts are not blowing apart.
    The black wire run silicone hoses that go to and from the intercooler assembly have thinner than production wire in them. These are not blowing apart or deforming permanently. The production parts have a thicker wire guage. We therefore know they will be absolutely fine.
    The air intake pipe to the supercharger is also made from Nylon and due to the way it's constructed is a good 20 times weaker than a production plastic or composite part. Due to the fact that the intake pipe is connected to the supercharger which will move with the engine but the other end won't move as it's connected to the bumper, we needed to make sure it wouldn't break. The Nylon part is surviving. So we know a normal plastic or composite part will never break.
    Finally the CNC plenum and bracket. These are both made thinner than the production parts to see how they with stand stress and boost spikes. That was overkill as far as testing was concerned but you may aswell do it because it doesn't cost anything.

So what we have essentially done is test the much weaker and inferior parts over the same time span as we would have tested the production parts. This way we know the production kit is bomb proof.

The question some of you might have is did we blow anything up? Well.. yes we did. The Nylon supercharger parts blew themselves apart because we made them way too thin the first time around. From memory 2mm thick Nylon which was set in the wrong direction for strength. You could break these with your hands.

Software Testing:

This is something we are very comfortable with. Having worked on various other supercharger projects for other M power cars including the V10 S85 we have no issues. You can never stop improving small things but comes at no cost to our customers with updates when they are released.
    Many people will already know the dangers of high ignition timing. We aren't going there. We have seen the effects on exhaust gas temperatures and how they can sky rocket with high ignition once the engine is under load for extended periods of time. We have seen smooth consistent graphs and consistent performance under real world environments.
    Fuelling is set to give 0.80-0.82 lambda (11.76-12.0 AFR) for full load mid-high rpm.
    Part load when the blow off valves are open is naturally set to 1.00 lambda.
    Heavy part load mid-high rpm is set to 12.5-13 AFR with the lower being towards the higher rpm.
    These are the two major areas to be concerned about for end users.
    The rest is to maintain a smooth driving car with idles nicely and cold starts nicely.

We can tell you that alot more work (which is not alot) has been needed on both the throttle opening maps and the pedal maps in normal, sport and sport plus modes.
    The responsiveness of the engine is way more than we expected! Any rpm, any gear.
    The engine is more powerful from as low as 1500rpm.
    When we say this kit will really please those who wanted some low end and midrange torque aswell as top end power, this kit will not disappoint.

Other than that if you have any specific questions please go ahead and ask.

Yes I know... you want to know the pricing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome info as always Sal! Seeing that the foundation of Evolve Automotive was established because of your superior tuning, I imagine your work to really tie this whole kit together delivering power....EVERYWHERE!!!

I can't wait to see more results! Exciting!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome info as always Sal! Seeing that the foundation of Evolve Automotive was established because of your superior tuning, I imagine your work to really tie this whole kit together delivering power....EVERYWHERE!!!

I can't wait to see more results! Exciting!
    Exactly. Well said.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want this badly...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @evolve -- I know I'm getting ahead of things, but are you considering/planning on eventually doing a low compression kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are a few surprises yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice! I wasnt aware you were using thinner nylon hoses...watching them flex under boost was kinda cool Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    There are a few surprises yet.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Very nice! I wasnt aware you were using thinner nylon hoses...watching them flex under boost was kinda cool Click here to enlarge
    Not gonna lie, it did look pretty sweet. I was hoping that the hoses wouldn't get an aneurysm!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The hoses will still flex with a thicker gauge wire. Will just be even stronger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @evolve

the black xylon coating, is it glossy, semi gloss, or flat in color?

I realize this is the least important issue, but just curious

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's like a matt satin.

Makes the whole thing look very expensive and OEM. I can see alot of people opting for this as the standard option.

Other colours will be available at extra cost and with a very quick turn around time.

Just deciding on how to deal with the bracket and supercharger rear output. The main supercharger housing is anodised already.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast