Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    vas, how does one clear injector adaptations?
    My understanding is that you don't. You can use the RESET functionality which basically tells the ECU to use some factory defaults. You must go through each injector and enter the calibrations.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    My understanding is that you don't. You can use the RESET functionality which basically tells the ECU to use some factory defaults. You must go through each injector and enter the calibrations.
    I remember you mentioned an option to clear injector adaptations as you were going through INPA...maybe I misunderstood...the reset you're talking about is to reset the injector values to some defaults but as far as I can tell adaptations are something else...maybe the routine to set the injector values resets those adaptations as well, would make sense it does but i don't know
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really need to finish translating MSD80.ipo file. That will help...
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I finally got it to work even the NCSexpert!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to get it working all on my 64 bit but only the INPA would work, but my old beat up laptop IBM Thinkpad 600E, it all works but the processing speed on it is so slow and it took forever to load up the files to the computer...File transfer moved at turtle speed! lol

Thanks Vasillov, your DIY made it really easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Coolio! Click here to enlarge I am glad it worked out.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah VAS big props for this !
    i checked Big Tom injectors and it seems that the last 3 digits are rounded up automaically by the ECU. Basically if i input as last 3 digits 1.82 and save the end result would be 1.80.
    Is this normal? the first 3 digits are always are an exact match.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Vas! Installed per your instructions (via XP Mode on 64bit). Loaded up INPA and was able to connect and view the injector calibrations first try!

Next step is to install the new injector and actually code it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    yeah VAS big props for this !
    i checked Big Tom injectors and it seems that the last 3 digits are rounded up automaically by the ECU. Basically if i input as last 3 digits 1.82 and save the end result would be 1.80.
    Is this normal? the first 3 digits are always are an exact match.

Yes it is! The ECU does internal calculations and will adjust the last digit on the flow values. You can also try resetting the injector calibration values using the RESET option and then code them back in one at a time.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes it is! The ECU does internal calculations and will adjust the last digit on the flow values. You can also try resetting the injector calibration values using the RESET option and then code them back in one at a time.
    ah ok, yes we did reset them all but still the ECU adjusted all values .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita...being that you have an E92, I guess its safe to say that INPA works with the E90 chasis function and everything is the same for E92 as well as E93?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Enrita...being that you have an E92, I guess its safe to say that INPA works with the E90 chasis function and everything is the same for E92 as well as E93?
    The INPA zip file that I provided will be able to code the injectors on all E9X cars including E89 (Z4). It may work for other MSD80 equipped cars such as 535 and the BMW SUVs, but I have no way of testing. Finally, INPA will work for almost all of the modern BMWs out there. One needs to update the data files though. I've only updated the v45 Daten (data) files for E89.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I FiNALLY installed a working copy of Windows XPmode to my laptop that I bought running OS Windows 7 64bit Home premium edition. The 64bit is not compatible with NCSexpert, so thats why I had to use virtual XPmode. Microsoft doesnt allow the user to download XPmode to your laptop if you have the cheaper software Home Premium loaded, but there are ways to get around this!:Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge I managed to activate the XPmode OS software with a working product key, and now my new laptop is fully functional for both INPA and NCSexpert and the other 32 bit programs within INPA and Ediabas. The Window XPmode runs entirely on virtual 32bit that operates independently to the OS software that it came with!!
    Getting XPmode to work took me forever to get it working, along with INPA. It was not easy though to get it to work and there were many changes that needed to be done to make it work...If you have a 64 bit that you want to make NCS work, refer to the these links...Both have to be done in order to have a FULLY functional registered XPmode with a OS of Windows 7 Home Premium Edition.

First Link :
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win...in7,10213.html

After you manage to load up the XPmode and have it functioning with the link above, you need to change the OEMbios files to activate the XPmode because you need to permanently have the XPmode activated as the software you loaded only has a 30 day trial before you need to activate it or it will be locked out and all your settings and files, programs will be lost. You dont have to do this if you dont want and just keep loading up the XPmode each month again and again after the 30 day trial ends, but thats a PITA and you will not have files and programs saved as the Virtual machines programs are not accessible to the regular OS of the the computer. Each time you reload the XPmode and install it, all memory is erased. To activate the XPmode OS, refer to this PDF file...When you hit the link, either run or save the file, It will ask you for a password, just hit cancel and it will load the file up!

Link 2:http://www.amsoftwareservices.net:80...indows 7.doc

Although there is a function on windows 7 that allows you to run in XPmode for compatibility, it still wont be able to work with NCSexpert. XPmode run on compatibility is not the same as Window virtual XPmode, so dont get that confused..I can now chuck away my old 1998 IBM thinkpad 600E, that $#@! is so heavy and SLOW! Vasillov....I am waiting for your new files that are translated into ENGLISH!
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 02-18-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got it translated finally! I need to run some tests before I put it online for everyone to download. So far it looks excellent!

Things that we will all be able to do soon:

* OBD Readiness Status
    * Injector Adaptations (Not just coding)
    * Lambda Sensor Adaptations and tests
    * Water Pump Tests
    * Cooling System Bleeding Procedure (very important for track people who flush coolant often)
    * Oil pressure tests
    * Fuel pressure tests
    * Perform various adaptations (Throttle, Vanos, Boost, Fuel Mixture, Rough Running, Lambda Sensors, etc etc etc)

I'll be doing a series of DIY videos on how to perform most of these functions!
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got it translated finally! I need to run some tests before I put it online for everyone to download. So far it looks excellent!

* OBD Readiness Status
    * Water Pump Tests
    * Cooling System Bleeding Procedure (very important for track people who flush coolant often)
    * Oil pressure tests
    * Fuel pressure tests
    * Perform various adaptations (Throttle, Vanos, Boost, Fuel Mixture, Rough Running, Lambda Sensors, etc etc etc)

awesome stuff buddy!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

* OBD Readiness Status
    * Water Pump Tests
    * Oil pressure tests
    * Fuel pressure tests

Great news bro! Thanks!
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The INPA zip file that I provided will be able to code the injectors on all E9X cars including E89 (Z4). It may work for other MSD80 equipped cars such as 535 and the BMW SUVs, but I have no way of testing. Finally, INPA will work for almost all of the modern BMWs out there. One needs to update the data files though. I've only updated the v45 Daten (data) files for E89.
    According to the BMW coding website you reference in the PDF file, "E89" actually covers ALOT of different models. Is this correct? I have a 135i coupe which should be covered under the provided E89 Daten files.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    According to the BMW coding website you reference in the PDF file, "E89" actually covers ALOT of different models. Is this correct? I have a 135i coupe which should be covered under the provided E89 Daten files.

Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't E89 just cover the E89?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't E89 just cover the E89?

lol, up late much? Click here to enlarge I dunno E89 isnt even listed in the program. I figure since the 135i / 335i both have MSD80 ECU's if it works on one it should work on another. This graph kind of supports that theory. I haven't found anywhere else where its mentioned that this works on a 1er. I have the cable and am willing to try.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys, I think some of the confusion in the naming convention comes from the the way BMW names its platforms and models. The "E90" is a platform designation from which various models like the E90, E91, E92, E93, E89 and others have been developed.

Yes, the DIY I posted will work with any MSD80 equipped vehicle.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, up late much?
    Nah.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, up late much? Click here to enlarge I dunno E89 isnt even listed in the program. I figure since the 135i / 335i both have MSD80 ECU's if it works on one it should work on another. This graph kind of supports that theory. I haven't found anywhere else where its mentioned that this works on a 1er. I have the cable and am willing to try.
    I think I misunderstood the initial premise. I may have been thinking about an E89 version of the software and ECU like in the E85 S54 cars. Maybe I just drank too much, who knows.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think I misunderstood the initial premise. I may have been thinking about an E89 version of the software and ECU like in the E85 S54 cars. Maybe I just drank too much, who knows.
    Meh, it happens lol. Click here to enlarge happy st patty btw
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone been using inpa on a pc with windows ultimate?
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vas, is your latest file for download already fully translated?
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast