Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Hello, New here.

New to this board.
    I have a 2003 Z4 for the wife so I figured I would get on for me. So in Feb I bought myself a 2008 Z4M Coupe'. My first ///M car.

I have been trolling here awhile for info on F/I for the S54 but will not commit until the warranty is over.

I drive it every day and it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Some of the posts here have been rather heated. Click here to enlarge
    Hope to learn much on this board.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Ah yes, sometimes we get carried away Click here to enlarge

How did you find the board out of curiosity? It is still difficult to find through the mainstream boards.

Very nice pair you have there, beautiful coupe. We will do our best in satisfying your quest for S54 FI information. Funny that you should mention it, I have been working on an S54 FI guide that will be posted next week Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't remember HOW I found it. It might have been on another BMW board, but don't remember.

When I just had the Zed, I did not go on any of the ///M boards. Too much info for a car I did not have... but when I decided on an ///M, well, I guess you have to expand your mind....

Most of the mods that you all E90ish guys have, I don't have. That's the breaks when you own a car that only has 1815 units made for all of North America.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shipkiller Click here to enlarge
    I don't remember HOW I found it. It might have been on another BMW board, but don't remember.

When I just had the Zed, I did not go on any of the ///M boards. Too much info for a car I did not have... but when I decided on an ///M, well, I guess you have to expand your mind....

Most of the mods that you all E90ish guys have, I don't have. That's the breaks when you own a car that only has 1815 units made for all of North America.
    Well power mods are not a problem and there are many suspension options. Plenty of mods...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are correct on the suspension options but there are not as many as you would think for the Z4M.

But before I do anything to the car, I need three or four more track weekends to really figure out just what needs to be changed. I had a two day track event at VIR two weeks ago. My first time in the car.... Click here to enlarge
    I like to take an analytical approach to my modding and not just throw money/parts at a car and hope it does what I want. That way I am not disappointed and my wallet lighter for no reason..

I really liked your dissertation thread on the S54 vs. S65. Great work. I even considered stealing it (for about 2 secs) and add it to my Z4 Maintenance website....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

You are correct on the suspension options but there are not as many as you would think for the Z4M.

But before I do anything to the car, I need three or four more track weekends to really figure out just what needs to be changed. I had a two day track event at VIR two weeks ago. My first time in the car.... Click here to enlarge
    I like to take an analytical approach to my modding and not just throw money/parts at a car and hope it does what I want. That way I am not disappointed and my wallet lighter for no reason..

I really liked your dissertation thread on the S54 vs. S65. Great work. I even considered stealing it (for about 2 secs) and add it to my Z4 Maintenance website....
    Thank you, the S54 vs. S65 is my best work, by far. Problem is, I don't know how to top it now. Feel free to put up a link, I'm proud of it Click here to enlarge

Your approach is the right way to do it, I like that you are finding your own limits first and going from there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your DCT upgrade thread is pretty good encore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Your DCT upgrade thread is pretty good encore.
    Thank you, that reminds me it needs some attention.