Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 212
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Too hard to resist, haha.


    $250 deductable?! My goodness...what kind of insurance do you have, haha...

    I have finally started my vehicle weight reductions and this is just the first step of many. Let me know if you find a proper fitting OEM style CF hood. I have been trying to find a quality one for some time, but not happy with what I've seen thus far.

    I'll send you a PM right now Click here to enlarge
    State Farm baby!!

    The only CF hood that I've seen with adequate fitment that does not have vents is the Mod-Bargains version. However, it uses E46 sedan style grill inserts. A qualified body-shop (e.g. not a DIY) can get it to align ala the OEM hood.

    I'm on board with the CSL roof! But I must wait until June Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Oh well.... Goodbye moonroof and goodbye 60lb's of fat.

    Thanks Alex,
    Mike

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    State Farm baby!!

    The only CF hood that I've seen with adequate fitment that does not have vents is the Mod-Bargains version. However, it uses E46 sedan style grill inserts. A qualified body-shop (e.g. not a DIY) can get it to align ala the OEM hood.

    I'm on board with the CSL roof! But I must wait until June Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Oh well.... Goodbye moonroof and goodbye 60lb's of fat.

    Thanks Alex,
    Mike
    YES!!!!! Click here to enlarge ECS Tuning should give me commission, you are the confirmed 2nd person to order that I've referred, haha!

    I know Revozport produced an OE M3 Style CF hood. I think it was under $700 too! I'm not sure how their fitment is though. Back in the day, they got a pretty bad rep for their E46 products. But it looks like over the years, they've improved, especially with some of the E82 1M products. So I really am hoping that it carries over into the E46 line.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    YES!!!!! Click here to enlarge ECS Tuning should give me commission, you are the confirmed 2nd person to order that I've referred, haha!

    I know Revozport produced an OE M3 Style CF hood. I think it was under $700 too! I'm not sure how their fitment is though. Back in the day, they got a pretty bad rep for their E46 products. But it looks like over the years, they've improved, especially with some of the E82 1M products. So I really am hoping that it carries over into the E46 line.
    Thanks again Alex. If you hear any more infor about the revo hood in the future (since I am now waiting until June!), let me know and I will jump on board with ya.

    I'm going to have to purchase the non-moonroof headliner ($550), the brace ($75) and sound deadening ($??) as well but it will be worth it to shed the weight off the top of the car.

    The VCSL roof was $1600 shipped so $250 more for OEM CSL is WELL worth it IMO.

    Mike

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    ECS Tuning should give me commission, you are the confirmed 2nd person to order that I've referred, haha!
    Tell them about bimmerboost...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Thanks again Alex. If you hear any more infor about the revo hood in the future (since I am now waiting until June!), let me know and I will jump on board with ya.

    I'm going to have to purchase the non-moonroof headliner ($550), the brace ($75) and sound deadening ($??) as well but it will be worth it to shed the weight off the top of the car.

    The VCSL roof was $1600 shipped so $250 more for OEM CSL is WELL worth it IMO.

    Mike
    Definitely well worth it! The free shipping alone makes such a big difference and is typically what's killer on getting a hold of this part. I'll let you know what I find out and keep you posted!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Tell them about bimmerboost...
    I have to give them a call to inquire about a few other things. I'll make sure to give them a heads up! Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Definitely well worth it! The free shipping alone makes such a big difference and is typically what's killer on getting a hold of this part. I'll let you know what I find out and keep you posted!
    HUGE difference. I saw the VCSL roof advertised at $1299 from a reputable dealer. After all was said and done (taxes, freight, additional shipping/handling) the total was just south of $1600.

    Looks like my old 10 yr old beater will have a lot of new parts later this year including : Evolve Carbon Air Box, new control arms, water pump, VAC pullies, motor/trans mounts, refreshed injectors, OEM CSL carbon roof, CF bootlid, Deka 30xl battery, and the fresh Topaz spray. A new corner balance will be in order for sure after losing 85-95 lbs of chub.

    I can't wait until June for the roof but I can stay busy. If my stock portfolio keeps kicking ass I will be picking up a set of SS V1's and section 1 from Jack as well. But that is not a priority...yet.

    I guess I now should start a build thread..... about 4 years late!

    Thanks again Alex. My son thanks you for stealing from his college fund for my roof! Click here to enlarge

    Mike

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So some short and quick updates:

    ECS Tuning sent me these photos!! It looks like my OE CSL CF Roof came SIGNIFICANTLY faster than I expected.... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It should be shipping out of their warehouse on Monday or Tuesday, then hopefully installation will be shortly after. I might have to wait until I go on vacation, so I can just drop off the car at VS Motorsports to have it installed.

    On another note, I got this bad boy installed too....HOLY INDUCTION NOISE BATMAN!!!!

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge



    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    HUGE difference. I saw the VCSL roof advertised at $1299 from a reputable dealer. After all was said and done (taxes, freight, additional shipping/handling) the total was just south of $1600.

    Looks like my old 10 yr old beater will have a lot of new parts later this year including : Evolve Carbon Air Box, new control arms, water pump, VAC pullies, motor/trans mounts, refreshed injectors, OEM CSL carbon roof, CF bootlid, Deka 30xl battery, and the fresh Topaz spray. A new corner balance will be in order for sure after losing 85-95 lbs of chub.

    I can't wait until June for the roof but I can stay busy. If my stock portfolio keeps kicking ass I will be picking up a set of SS V1's and section 1 from Jack as well. But that is not a priority...yet.

    I guess I now should start a build thread..... about 4 years late!

    Thanks again Alex. My son thanks you for stealing from his college fund for my roof! Click here to enlarge

    Mike
    I just both the Vorsteiner and Revozport roof this past week. I must admit that both of the weaves look really great! Either way, I am still we went with OE despite the very small price difference!

    I am in the middle of correcting the paint of my rather tired Jet Black, haha. After quite a bit of hours, the car seriously looks so new. It's amazing that despite my car also being a decade old, it doesn't looked aged one bit....except for my non-LED taillights, hahaha.

    I started looking into different batteries. Is that Deka 30XL going to be suitable for a car with standard audio and sees traffic daily?

    I can't wait to see your car all finished and done! It's going to be a whole new machine! BTW, I still haven't found anyone to source us CSL Roof Rails...Click here to enlarge

    All the best Mike!
    Alex
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    2,103.1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Want that roof!
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Thumbs up HELL YEA!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    ECS Tuning sent me these photos!! It looks like my OE CSL CF Roof came SIGNIFICANTLY faster than I expected.... Click here to enlarge

    It should be shipping out of their warehouse on Monday or Tuesday, then hopefully installation will be shortly after. I might have to wait until I go on vacation, so I can just drop off the car at VS Motorsports to have it installed.
    Sweet news Alex. Looks like they all arrived quite early. I got an email from ECS stating my CSL roof would arrive at ECS on April 19th. My first ETA date after payment was June 6th! Pleasant surprises are not the norm with BMW parts... but I ain't complaining! Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    On another note, I got this bad boy installed too....HOLY INDUCTION NOISE BATMAN!!!!
    I feel like a copy cat... my box just left Jamaica, NY from the UK on March 29th. Scheduled delivery date April 3rd!!

    My SS v1 headers are getting shipped to Jet Hot on Monday as well. Jack@cpi is modifying the SS S-pipe with cats and resonators next Wednesday. Its going to be hard not installing all the go-fast parts at once!! But I have been dying to know how the JVT- Catted Borla V2, compares to the 2.5" diameter SS V1's and matching S-pipe. So I will use my 296.7 baseline dyno from December and re-dyno after I put 50 miles or so with the Evolve box. Then climb back under the car and bloody my knuckles swapping the JVT headers and Borla v2 for the SS v1's and catted/resonatored S-pipe using the Evolve box dyno as the new baseline Click here to enlarge

    Data nerd!Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge

    I just both the Vorsteiner and Revozport roof this past week. I must admit that both of the weaves look really great! Either way, I am still we went with OE despite the very small price difference!

    I am in the middle of correcting the paint of my rather tired Jet Black, haha. After quite a bit of hours, the car seriously looks so new. It's amazing that despite my car also being a decade old, it doesn't looked aged one bit....except for my non-LED taillights, hahaha.
    I saw the V-CSL roof in person and it looked nice. With the prices so similar though....I'd prefer the OEM roof. If revzosport would create a hood panel (without the hideous vents) that looks OEM, I'd love to shave another 15 lbs of chunk off the beast. I feel your pain on the LED tails... my 2002 turd has the ancient lights as well. Oh well!

    After you finish correcting and polishing the paint (I feel your pain with the dark hued car.. takes lots of elbow greas) Any of the available machine polishes and paint correction brands work well if you have a proper orbital and take your time. I have a few suggestions from trial and error on this car and BMW's orange peel.

    -Meguiars #7 oil based show car glaze. This is old guy grease and IT WORKS! It's a pain but it keeps the dark colors looking "wet" smooth and hides imperfections. (Would be a waste on white or silver etc.) Apply by hand to one side of car. Use an orbital with a microfiber pad to "break up" the glaze, not remove it. Then follow with a hand microfiber towel to remove the rest and keep a bottle of spray detailer handy to remove the stubborn stuff. This stuff is oil based... so do not expose the car WHATSOEVER to elements until you seal with a good coat of wax or two. One note on this stuff...if you have not properly "corrected your paint" it will magnify the areas you missed. It should only be applied after you have polished the paint to a mirror finish.

    -Griots best of show should be applied immediately. I've got 4 different brands of carnauba (p21, meguiars etc.) and this one works best with whatever BMW sprayed our car with from the factory. Apply it semi-liberally with your orbital on medium-ish speed and let it sit for 3 hours. Seriously. Let it cure. After three hours, apply a very small amount of the wax to your orbital and re-wax the car normally. One section at a time and remove once it hazes. Let the car sit overnight and re-apply a light coat of wax the next day.

    Assuming you don't run through robo-washes, or handwash with dishsoap, the wax will stay and bead away grime for several months. Touches up to showroom shine with a little spray detail as well. I do it every spring and every fall with my wife. We do her B6 Audi as well. It takes a half-day or so (including waiting the 3 hours). I have a 10" orbital for product removal, and a 6" for application.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I started looking into different batteries. Is that Deka 30XL going to be suitable for a car with standard audio and sees traffic daily?

    I can't wait to see your car all finished and done! It's going to be a whole new machine! BTW, I still haven't found anyone to source us CSL Roof Rails...Click here to enlarge

    All the best Mike!
    Alex
    The Deka30xl should work just fine for an OEM system. I have an aftermarket stereo (Kenwood DNX-9140, Audison 5.1Lrx, Focal 12" sub and component speakers) and I've used the dinky batteries before with no problem. I wouldn't recommend leaving the car sitting for a month and expecting it to start....but I keep my car on a battery tender when not in use. IIRC, it will hold a charge for about 2 weeks without help. My idle is also set to 875 (from stock 780 rpm) so my alternator is chugging along about 10% quicker.

    The Deka 30xL is 25+ lbs of fat removed from my 48DL battery. I do plan to keep both batteries in case we go roadtripping! Shedding static fat from the beast really wakes her up!

    I'd like to get my car to 3250-3300 with me in it. I like all the creature comforts, so the interior, seats and stereo will remain.

    Keep up the good work! Love your car man and so does my wife when she sees your sig-pic when I'm forum browing.

    Cheers dude!
    Mike

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Sweet news Alex. Looks like they all arrived quite early. I got an email from ECS stating my CSL roof would arrive at ECS on April 19th. My first ETA date after payment was June 6th! Pleasant surprises are not the norm with BMW parts... but I ain't complaining! Click here to enlarge

    I feel like a copy cat... my box just left Jamaica, NY from the UK on March 29th. Scheduled delivery date April 3rd!!

    My SS v1 headers are getting shipped to Jet Hot on Monday as well. Jack@cpi is modifying the SS S-pipe with cats and resonators next Wednesday. Its going to be hard not installing all the go-fast parts at once!! But I have been dying to know how the JVT- Catted Borla V2, compares to the 2.5" diameter SS V1's and matching S-pipe. So I will use my 296.7 baseline dyno from December and re-dyno after I put 50 miles or so with the Evolve box. Then climb back under the car and bloody my knuckles swapping the JVT headers and Borla v2 for the SS v1's and catted/resonatored S-pipe using the Evolve box dyno as the new baseline Click here to enlarge

    Data nerd!Click here to enlarge

    I saw the V-CSL roof in person and it looked nice. With the prices so similar though....I'd prefer the OEM roof. If revzosport would create a hood panel (without the hideous vents) that looks OEM, I'd love to shave another 15 lbs of chunk off the beast. I feel your pain on the LED tails... my 2002 turd has the ancient lights as well. Oh well!

    After you finish correcting and polishing the paint (I feel your pain with the dark hued car.. takes lots of elbow greas) Any of the available machine polishes and paint correction brands work well if you have a proper orbital and take your time. I have a few suggestions from trial and error on this car and BMW's orange peel.

    -Meguiars #7 oil based show car glaze. This is old guy grease and IT WORKS! It's a pain but it keeps the dark colors looking "wet" smooth and hides imperfections. (Would be a waste on white or silver etc.) Apply by hand to one side of car. Use an orbital with a microfiber pad to "break up" the glaze, not remove it. Then follow with a hand microfiber towel to remove the rest and keep a bottle of spray detailer handy to remove the stubborn stuff. This stuff is oil based... so do not expose the car WHATSOEVER to elements until you seal with a good coat of wax or two. One note on this stuff...if you have not properly "corrected your paint" it will magnify the areas you missed. It should only be applied after you have polished the paint to a mirror finish.

    -Griots best of show should be applied immediately. I've got 4 different brands of carnauba (p21, meguiars etc.) and this one works best with whatever BMW sprayed our car with from the factory. Apply it semi-liberally with your orbital on medium-ish speed and let it sit for 3 hours. Seriously. Let it cure. After three hours, apply a very small amount of the wax to your orbital and re-wax the car normally. One section at a time and remove once it hazes. Let the car sit overnight and re-apply a light coat of wax the next day.

    Assuming you don't run through robo-washes, or handwash with dishsoap, the wax will stay and bead away grime for several months. Touches up to showroom shine with a little spray detail as well. I do it every spring and every fall with my wife. We do her B6 Audi as well. It takes a half-day or so (including waiting the 3 hours). I have a 10" orbital for product removal, and a 6" for application.

    The Deka30xl should work just fine for an OEM system. I have an aftermarket stereo (Kenwood DNX-9140, Audison 5.1Lrx, Focal 12" sub and component speakers) and I've used the dinky batteries before with no problem. I wouldn't recommend leaving the car sitting for a month and expecting it to start....but I keep my car on a battery tender when not in use. IIRC, it will hold a charge for about 2 weeks without help. My idle is also set to 875 (from stock 780 rpm) so my alternator is chugging along about 10% quicker.

    The Deka 30xL is 25+ lbs of fat removed from my 48DL battery. I do plan to keep both batteries in case we go roadtripping! Shedding static fat from the beast really wakes her up!

    I'd like to get my car to 3250-3300 with me in it. I like all the creature comforts, so the interior, seats and stereo will remain.

    Keep up the good work! Love your car man and so does my wife when she sees your sig-pic when I'm forum browing.

    Cheers dude!
    Mike
    Mike our cars are going through big transformations this year! Trust me, I am just as much of a data nerd as you are. If only my dyno location wasn't an hour away and I was always pressed for time, haha.

    I've put on about 20 miles on the Evolve CF Airbox and tune that Sal sent me. The noise is out of this world. The car no doubt pulls harder too! I am loving the combination of the SS V1 Stepped Headers and Evolve CF Airbox! The car seriously makes me want to break all sorts of speed limits.

    I think I may go pick up one of those Deka 30XLs pretty soon. I've only heard good things about it.

    Thanks for the advice about the paint correction! I actually finished up my own detail this morning the Jet Black has truly come back to life. It's so refreshing! Despite how poor the weather has been, I've still be driving around and I love how nothing sticks to the paint. Just sweet beading!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    So some short and quick updates:

    ECS Tuning sent me these photos!! It looks like my OE CSL CF Roof came SIGNIFICANTLY faster than I expected.... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It should be shipping out of their warehouse on Monday or Tuesday, then hopefully installation will be shortly after. I might have to wait until I go on vacation, so I can just drop off the car at VS Motorsports to have it installed.

    On another note, I got this bad boy installed too....HOLY INDUCTION NOISE BATMAN!!!!

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge




    I just both the Vorsteiner and Revozport roof this past week. I must admit that both of the weaves look really great! Either way, I am still we went with OE despite the very small price difference!

    I am in the middle of correcting the paint of my rather tired Jet Black, haha. After quite a bit of hours, the car seriously looks so new. It's amazing that despite my car also being a decade old, it doesn't looked aged one bit....except for my non-LED taillights, hahaha.

    I started looking into different batteries. Is that Deka 30XL going to be suitable for a car with standard audio and sees traffic daily?

    I can't wait to see your car all finished and done! It's going to be a whole new machine! BTW, I still haven't found anyone to source us CSL Roof Rails...Click here to enlarge

    All the best Mike!
    Alex
    These parts all look absolutely awesome! I wish I could hear what your engine sounded like with the Evolve box.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    These parts all look absolutely awesome! I wish I could hear what your engine sounded like with the Evolve box.
    You ask and you shall receive... Click here to enlarge



    Sorry for very poor quality. For some reason, it didn't upload in 720p and the audio quality blows. I'm pretty new to all this GoPro stuff so I'll have to mess around with it more for better angles and quality. Stay tuned!!!!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,696
    Rep Points
    2,103.1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What a beauty
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    38.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The sound is intoxicating! Hope to hear a full review once you get it all broken in.
    Click here to enlarge
    2006 BMW lllM3 SilverGrayMetallic/Cinnamon/OEM 19"
    llHPF Stage 2 Precision Turbo 6766 w/Open Dump

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nnacpil Click here to enlarge
    The sound is intoxicating! Hope to hear a full review once you get it all broken in.
    It certainly is.

    Your box arrived Noel. Serial number 12.

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    38.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    It certainly is.

    Your box arrived Noel. Serial number 12.

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Hope you enjoy it, Mike!
    Click here to enlarge
    2006 BMW lllM3 SilverGrayMetallic/Cinnamon/OEM 19"
    llHPF Stage 2 Precision Turbo 6766 w/Open Dump

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I got some awesome updates guys.... Click here to enlarge

    My CSL CF Roof got lost in shipping. The freight company is searching for it now.

    My Exhaust Camshaft and Crankshaft Position Sensor are both out. Car feels like junk.

    I will be leaving the car at VS Motorsports while I'm out of town for the next week. They will be doing some repairs and preventative maintenance.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    My CSL CF Roof got lost in shipping. The freight company is searching for it now.
    Sorry to hear, that blows.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear, that blows.
    Thanks Sticky. I guess it kind of works out since I will be out of town and the freight company is not allowed to hold the package for me. So I'm hoping that they find it by the time I get back home so there won't be any complications with having it ship back and what not. We'll see what happens...
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I got some awesome updates guys.... Click here to enlarge

    My CSL CF Roof got lost in shipping. The freight company is searching for it now.

    My Exhaust Camshaft and Crankshaft Position Sensor are both out. Car feels like junk.

    I will be leaving the car at VS Motorsports while I'm out of town for the next week. They will be doing some repairs and preventative maintenance.
    Aww man...that sucks Alex. Double sucks with the roof lost as well.

    If it makes you feel better... my car is out as well. The accumulator took a dump on the hydraulic unit in my car.... she will be down for a few weeks. But, every casualty opens up a new opportunity. Rather than invest a nickel in the SMG system... we are swapping to a 6mt. Should be back the first week of May.

    Good luck on the roof. My ship date got moved to June 2nd. I wonder if they gave you my roof that arrived on April 19th?

    Cheers,
    Mike

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Aww man...that sucks Alex. Double sucks with the roof lost as well.

    If it makes you feel better... my car is out as well. The accumulator took a dump on the hydraulic unit in my car.... she will be down for a few weeks. But, every casualty opens up a new opportunity. Rather than invest a nickel in the SMG system... we are swapping to a 6mt. Should be back the first week of May.

    Good luck on the roof. My ship date got moved to June 2nd. I wonder if they gave you my roof that arrived on April 19th?

    Cheers,
    Mike
    Hey Mike!

    Fortunately, the freight company found my roof very quickly! I don't think ECS sent out another to replace the one that was "lost". I at least hope not. But the freight company was great to work with. They updated me and called me rather often to keep posted on everything.

    I will be arriving back home this Saturday, so hopefully the roof is in perfect shape. I will also be picking up my car from VS Motorsports on my way home form the airport.

    SMG to 6MT! That is going to be a fun project for sure! You are for sure going to be having a brand new car in your hands! Keep us posted on all the progress!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Unhappy

    I am a little sad as I truly enjoyed the SMG II. It operated flawlessly for my 4.5 years of ownership and over 93,000 miles.

    I will miss the perfect rev-matched 4th to 2nd downshifts and teeth rattling 1st to 2nd upshifts. ESS's upgraded SMG software and 4.10's helped increase my fondness for the system...just not enough to spend a grand fixing it!

    Rowing through the gears will be nice for DD driving again but I will miss the SMG for HPDEs and autocross.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    I am a little sad as I truly enjoyed the SMG II. It operated flawlessly for my 4.5 years of ownership and over 93,000 miles.

    I will miss the perfect rev-matched 4th to 2nd downshifts and teeth rattling 1st to 2nd upshifts. ESS's upgraded SMG software and 4.10's helped increase my fondness for the system...just not enough to spend a grand fixing it!

    Rowing through the gears will be nice for DD driving again but I will miss the SMG for HPDEs and autocross.
    Ooops, totally missed this post! Sorry!

    I definitely know what you mean, although my perspective is from driving my DCT E90 M3. Amazing what technology can do for consistent and flawless performance. As you said, you're going to love 3 pedals once again. It's great to see more of those SMG to 6MT conversions.

    Any updates on your end with the transformation of your beast?
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,041
    Rep Points
    31,279.2
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Ooops, totally missed this post! Sorry!

    I definitely know what you mean, although my perspective is from driving my DCT E90 M3. Amazing what technology can do for consistent and flawless performance. As you said, you're going to love 3 pedals once again. It's great to see more of those SMG to 6MT conversions.

    Any updates on your end with the transformation of your beast?
    I kind of prefer the shift response and feel of the SMG versus the DCT even if the DCT shifts much faster. It just gave better feedback.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I kind of prefer the shift response and feel of the SMG versus the DCT even if the DCT shifts much faster. It just gave better feedback.
    I've actually only driven one SMG E46 M3 before and I must agree, the SMG is a bit more raw. The DCT is just so fast and smooth that it feels like you're not even trying. Completely effortless. But I guess when we end up out accelerating some other cars in Mexico, it's rewarding in that sense. Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •