Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great Journal Bro! Cant wait to see the results after you intsall the intake Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Perfect choice with the finish on these wheels on the black car:

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...MWM3_005-1.jpg

Nicely detailed build thread.
    Thanks Sticky! Part of the reason why I recently sold my White TE37s is because I felt like they were a bit loud on the car despite how incredible it looked. I am on the hunt for a new set of wheels, but I am having a rather difficult time deciding what route to take.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    Wow very sleak and sexy. Nice thread, +1.
    Thanks! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    why did you sell the stance coilovers??
    I am looking into getting JRZ or Motion Control Suspension dampers. The Stance's were great and before selling them, I had them shock dyno'd. They had very nice curves and were a great street focused damper that can easily be tracked. I just decided that it's time I finally try out some of these higher-end dampers to see what all the hype is about, haha.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Very well documented thread. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks buddy!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Great Journal Bro! Cant wait to see the results after you install the intake Click here to enlarge
    Hey man! You know you'll be the first to get updates on the process. If only this snow would just disappear. There is a lot of testing I want to do prior to getting everything else installed. A lot of guys have been asking if these tunes actually make a difference on the road. It would be nice to throw down tangible numbers to back up my vocal claims of how great this tune is.

I am trying to decide if it's worth it for me to purchase data acquisition devices for both acceleration and road course times. I just wish there was an all in one tool that could measure 60-130, 1/4mi, and specific tracks throughout the nation. I have a lot to improve on as a driver on the track, so I can use all the help I can get. Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome bro! i cant wait. Let me know if i can help with the wheel choice. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    I am looking into getting JRZ or Motion Control Suspension dampers. The Stance's were great and before selling them, I had them shock dyno'd. They had very nice curves and were a great street focused damper that can easily be tracked. I just decided that it's time I finally try out some of these higher-end dampers to see what all the hype is about, haha.
    Ohh gotcha upgrading Click here to enlarge The Stance coilovers held up well in the time you had them? no problems of any sort?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    awesome bro! i cant wait. Let me know if i can help with the wheel choice. Click here to enlarge
    For sure man! I'll message you later today or tomorrow with some of the choices I'm constantly sifting through. It drives me crazy sometimes, haha.

Ohh gotcha upgrading Click here to enlarge The Stance coilovers held up well in the time you had them? no problems of any sort?
    The Stance coil overs are great! Over the two years, 2.5 winters, constant beating on the crappy streets of Chicago, they held up amazingly well with no problems. As I mentioned, before selling them I wanted to get them looked over by Stance. No leaks, no blown shocks, and they performed very consistently on the shock dyno. Overall, it's a great plug n' play package for the guys looking for a more aggressive street setup. When I recently threw on my OEM suspension back on, I realized that the Stance dampers actually feel just like stock on the street in terms of street compliance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that was a great read. very few can keep my attention to finish the whole thing, but you sir did. Very nice car, very well kept, and im sure well enjoyed. Im looking forward to more from you in the near future Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Stance coil overs are great! Over the two years, 2.5 winters, constant beating on the crappy streets of Chicago, they held up amazingly well with no problems. As I mentioned, before selling them I wanted to get them looked over by Stance. No leaks, no blown shocks, and they performed very consistently on the shock dyno. Overall, it's a great plug n' play package for the guys looking for a more aggressive street setup. When I recently threw on my OEM suspension back on, I realized that the Stance dampers actually feel just like stock on the street in terms of street compliance.
    that's good to hear! and if needs require it you can go pretty low (height wise)?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Excellent read Alex. I feel your pain on the dealer services...I found out the hard way. I'm not surprised to see your valves were outside the range after a dealer Insp. II.

I want that evolve airbox!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I had some down time to test out my new lens, so here are some random shots of stuff...

I purchased a used OEM Front Strut Bar since my E46 is too old school to come with one...
    Click here to enlarge

The miscellaneous parts to install the Evolve CF Airbox
    Click here to enlarge

Here are the fancy VAC Ultra Light Pulleys
    Click here to enlarge

Here's my SUV for the Winter...haha...
    Click here to enlarge

My GoPro HD Hero2 finally came in
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    that was a great read. very few can keep my attention to finish the whole thing, but you sir did. Very nice car, very well kept, and im sure well enjoyed. Im looking forward to more from you in the near future Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! Likewise to you too. I love the documentation of what you've been doing with the E92!

that's good to hear! and if needs require it you can go pretty low (height wise)?
    You can DEFINITELY go low, haha. There was a time I was practically tucking rim with my TE37s. I wish I took pics, but I had to adjust quickly since I was scraping in and out of my hospital garage haha...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Excellent read Alex. I feel your pain on the dealer services...I found out the hard way. I'm not surprised to see your valves were outside the range after a dealer Insp. II.

I want that evolve airbox!
    YOU GOT IT!!! I can't wait to see your thoughts on the Airbox. At this rate, you might install it before I do...hahahahaha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking good bro.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am very interested to see your thoughts on the VAC UDP's, Alex. I'd like to install the complete set with alternator pulley, but I do have some concerns. I have the Deka ex30L battery (22lbs- 400 cca) and a 5 channel amplifier (http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=13) and 1 12" subwoofer. I have no issues with charging, sitting at idle, or cold starting currently, but I keep my car on the battery tender when not in use.

I have the Rogue Pulleys (crankshaft and P/S) but I was not too thrilled by the build quality.

Evolve set me up with little bump in the idle to 940 rpm (from 870 or 880 stock), and I think that should help compensate for the under-driven alt. pulley I would like to run in the future. VAC is in the lead so far.

Let me know what you think about your UDP's! They look like quite an improvement over rogue's version just from the picture.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking good bro.
    Thanks bud Click here to enlarge I'll contact you tomorrow!

I am very interested to see your thoughts on the VAC UDP's, Alex. I'd like to install the complete set with alternator pulley, but I do have some concerns. I have the Deka ex30L battery (22lbs- 400 cca) and a 5 channel amplifier (http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=13) and 1 12" subwoofer. I have no issues with charging, sitting at idle, or cold starting currently, but I keep my car on the battery tender when not in use.

I have the Rogue Pulleys (crankshaft and P/S) but I was not too thrilled by the build quality.

Evolve set me up with little bump in the idle to 940 rpm (from 870 or 880 stock), and I think that should help compensate for the under-driven alt. pulley I would like to run in the future. VAC is in the lead so far.

Let me know what you think about your UDP's! They look like quite an improvement over rogue's version just from the picture.
    The build quality looks great and feels nice in the hands, hehe. I'll definitely keep you posted on when I decide to install this growing pile of parts in my basement.

I never thought about asking Evolve if they could raise my idle. That would have solved my problem with crazy NVH with my former motor mounts. Are there any downsides to running a higher idle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are there any downsides to running a higher idle?
    Don't think so in this application.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never thought about asking Evolve if they could raise my idle. That would have solved my problem with crazy NVH with my former motor mounts. Are there any downsides to running a higher idle?
    It might not have fixed the nvh. Fresh oem bushings are very nice themselves. I have not gotten the pulleys yet....waiting to do it all at once with the airbox. It should take a just a little bit of stress off the alternator with udp's and a 50-75 rpm bump.

Don't think so in this application.
    Hasn't impacted the car at all yet. She still runs hard for an old gal. BW routinely tunes it for cars with alternator pulleys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I used to have the Rogue Engineering Motor Mounts that were essentially replicas of the Groupe N motor mounts with a fairly stiff durometer. What I noticed was right around 950-1000RPM, the NVH was completely absent. Below that, I could not stand it, so I quickly ordered the updated OEM mounts. Upon installation, I found out that my RE Motor Mounts were slightly over-torqued which could have led to the very increased NVH.

There is no doubt that the motor mounts made A HUGE difference in throttle response. I swear my car was significantly quicker, haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very well documented and great thread. Nice configurations for the different seasons. Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Very well documented and great thread. Nice configurations for the different seasons. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! It's been fun documenting and sharing the progress of my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

picture-less update

Just a short and quick update:

The Jet Black paint on the car is absolutely filthy and hasn't been corrected in over 5 years. I have finally acquired my whole arsenal of detailing tools and products get this thing back to showroom finish.

I purchased a couple more OEM 18x9 wheels to finish off my square set. I am contemplating on which tire to go with, either Michelin PSS or Advan AD08.

And the fun update, I ordered a BMW OE CSL Carbon Fiber Roof ... it'll take awhile to arrive from Germany, but hopefully it gets here pretty soon. I've already been waiting 3+ weeks and I'm already getting antsy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And the fun update, I ordered a BMW OE CSL Carbon Fiber Roof ... it'll take awhile to arrive from Germany, but hopefully it gets here pretty soon. I've already been waiting 3+ weeks and I'm already getting antsy
    Who did you order from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who did you order from?
    I ordered from ECS Tuning. They have been getting a good reputation over on M3Forum and have been a good source for CSL parts in Europe. Most of their CSL orders have been small miscellaneous parts for replica CSL Airbox installs. So I thought about asking them if they can source a roof too, totally out of curiosity. When they said they can source one, I had to jump on it. I have been waiting to do this roof since the prototype CSL was announced a decade ago, haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I ordered from ECS Tuning. They have been getting a good reputation over on M3Forum and have been a good source for CSL parts in Europe. Most of their CSL orders have been small miscellaneous parts for replica CSL Airbox installs. So I thought about asking them if they can source a roof too, totally out of curiosity. When they said they can source one, I had to jump on it. I have been waiting to do this roof since the prototype CSL was announced a decade ago, haha.
    Let us know when it comes in. I haven't dealt with ECS Tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let us know when it comes in. I haven't dealt with ECS Tuning.
    Definitely will do. So far communication has been great with them. Unfortunately, expected time of arrival is end of April. I am expecting there to be some delays which I'm okay with. That just means more time to save for the install costs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The Jet Black paint on the car is absolutely filthy and hasn't been corrected in over 5 years. I have finally acquired my whole arsenal of detailing tools and products get this thing back to showroom finish.

I purchased a couple more OEM 18x9 wheels to finish off my square set. I am contemplating on which tire to go with, either Michelin PSS or Advan AD08.

And the fun update, I ordered a BMW OE CSL Carbon Fiber Roof ... it'll take awhile to arrive from Germany, but hopefully it gets here pretty soon. I've already been waiting 3+ weeks and I'm already getting antsy Click here to enlarge
    LOL You couldnt keep the surprise to yourself about ordering an OEM CSL roof right? LOLOLOLOL All that excitement!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Thanks for rubbing it in Alex.... I thought I had to get one built by Chad N. in Arizona or the Bimmerworld version.

On a serious note, I'd like to know how much you paid for it. Please PM me the info when you get a chance. My car is going in for a complete re-spray due to a wind storm a few weeks ago. Already cleared with the insurance company. Click here to enlarge $250 deductible and done.

I am waiting for my bootlid to arrive and have been trying to source a CF hood without vents, because they are hideous. That has been a royal pain...BTW.

Next was the roof. If OE BMW is available in the same ballpark price range I will take the plunge and happily wait another month for the respray. The only out of pocket expense will be CF roof/bootlid install.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Mike
    Last edited by MisterEm; 03-13-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: phone typo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL You couldnt keep the surprise to yourself about ordering an OEM CSL roof right? LOLOLOLOL All that excitement!!!
    Too hard to resist, haha.

Thanks for rubbing it in Alex.... I thought I had to get one built by Chad N. in Arizona or the Bimmerworld version.

On a serious note, I'd like to know how much you paid for it. Please PM me the info when you get a chance. My car is going in for a complete re-spray due to a wind storm a few weeks ago. Already cleared with the insurance company. Click here to enlarge $250 deductible and done.

I am waiting for my bootlid to arrive and have been trying to source a CF hood without vents, because they are hideous. That has been a royal pain...BTW.

Next was the roof. If OE BMW is available in the same ballpark price range I will take the plunge and happily wait another month for the respray. The only out of pocket expense will be CF roof/bootlid install.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Mike
    $250 deductable?! My goodness...what kind of insurance do you have, haha...

I have finally started my vehicle weight reductions and this is just the first step of many. Let me know if you find a proper fitting OEM style CF hood. I have been trying to find a quality one for some time, but not happy with what I've seen thus far.

I'll send you a PM right now Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast