Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

CTS-V vs F10 M5

Looks to be a dead even race from a roll...id assume the M5 will have the advantage from a dig since it has launch control. Both cars are stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

That is pretty awesome! Can't wait to see these monsters modded!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    here are some runs from a dig...like i said...whoever got the better launch wound up ahead....looks to be VERY comparable cars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Tha's awesome. Kudos for these guys trying this $#@! out. Where is this Abu Dhabi? lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Tha's awesome. Kudos for these guys trying this $#@! out. Where is this Abu Dhabi? lol
    where else would it be?....lol....im jelly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

here it is @Sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Is the Ctvs auto or manual? I assume the M5 is SMG.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

caddy is an auto

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Original link? Want to add some details to put this in context like how this race happened.

Specs on the V?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Original link? Want to add some details to put this in context like how this race happened.

Specs on the V?
    they are just on youtube.....one of our members from cadillacforums ran his brother...both cars are stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Hi

I am a new member to the forum. I bought my V sedan 6sM two months back and I love it. I went to the track this week and had a few runs against the new M5. It was fun, you can view the videos on you tube (cts-v vs M5 f10). This was my first time to race the V. There are 3 videos.

I do not know how to post the link, sorry.

EnjoyClick here to enlarge

The M5 is my brother car and we are planning to have more runs in the future as we both got to know the cars better. Both cars are a lot of fun.

thats what he posted

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    thats what he posted
    Where is the third video?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The new F10 M5 takes on a 6 speed manual CTS-V from a stop and from a roll - Even match?

Finally some direct comparisons between the two super sedans. These are runs on the track between two brothers one of whom has the F10 M5 and the other with a 6 speed manual CTS-V. Both cars we are stock. The runs are very close with the first video featuring a roll on that is neck and neck. The second video has runs from a stop and the M5 takes two runs and the CTS-V takes two showing whomever got the better launch got the win.

It is a bit surprising the cars from a roll looked to be even as we would expect the M5 with its dual clutch to have an advantage there on the CTS-V. This is the best comparison we have of actual owners squaring off until we see the cars on the drag strip.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yay...my thread made front page...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Yay...my thread made front page...lol
    Yes, well done. I'll take this content over BMW press releases any day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes, well done. I'll take this content over BMW press releases any day.
    See sticky....caddyboost....lol...(I know its a mute point but a guy can dream right?)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

See sticky....caddyboost....lol...(I know its a mute point but a guy can dream right?)
    No, I'll have a domestic site soon enough. I've made the decision to evolve this into an all around performance car site. I just need to figure out how to clone myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

No, I'll have a domestic site soon enough. I've made the decision to evolve this into an all around performance car site. I just need to figure out how to clone myself.
    Dreams really do come true...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Dreams really do come true...lol
    I have an awesome idea in my head how to redefine automotive sites. I just need to transfer it to reality. A few hundred thousand dollars wouldn't hurt either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I have an awesome idea in my head how to redefine automotive sites. I just need to transfer it to reality. A few hundred thousand dollars wouldn't hurt either.
    How much does it cost to run a site like this? and how much a site with many vendors earn from vendors?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    How much does it cost to run a site like this? and how much a site with many vendors earn from vendors?
    It varies. A dedicated server upped our costs a bit. All vendors dont pay equal. It really is about mass the bigger it gets the more money you can make.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

If you decide to add some moderators I would gladly lend a hand. I enjoy the site...

In the meantime great vids and honest comparisons of the two cars. I still want a V wagon dropped on 20" CCW's or somoe deep dish convex wheels. The M5 would appear to be the better car acceleration wise especially from a dig and/or the upper range of a roll.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

This does not surprise me. The new V is one of the most amazing cars ever made (esp at the price point), Domestic or not. The powertrain is UNREAL.

Engine: I know it's easy to hate on the pushrod component, but look at the performance, efficiency and reliability - the thing craps on competition. Eaton TVS with integrated cooler? Brilliant.

Trans: TR-6060. Beast.

I will probably get a V wagon when they drop more in price - I'm a huge fanboy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    If you decide to add some moderators I would gladly lend a hand. I enjoy the site...

In the meantime great vids and honest comparisons of the two cars. I still want a V wagon dropped on 20" CCW's or somoe deep dish convex wheels. The M5 would appear to be the better car acceleration wise especially from a dig and/or the upper range of a roll.
    moderator here too please....i mean...i think i was the biggest advocate of the domestic section anyways

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    This does not surprise me. The new V is one of the most amazing cars ever made (esp at the price point), Domestic or not. The powertrain is UNREAL.

Engine: I know it's easy to hate on the pushrod component, but look at the performance, efficiency and reliability - the thing craps on competition. Eaton TVS with integrated cooler? Brilliant.

Trans: TR-6060. Beast.

I will probably get a V wagon when they drop more in price - I'm a huge fanboy.

and all its takes is $3500 WITH labor to make it a 10 sec car...upper/lower kit, intake, injectors, headers and cam and your doing 10.6-10.9 @127-129...can beat that for the price

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast