Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Cool PBIR HPDE - Feb 4th, 2012 - Videos

Here are my videos from my most recent HPDE day, data accquasition with vBox and Harry's Laptimer with Emprum GPS, the videos have data overlay. I didn't bother doing the first session as it was a complete waste. The idiot in me also didn't press record for the last session of the day which was pretty good, so I don't have that one, which was my best one by far.. but the second afternoon session was pretty good too.

Best Lap - 1:37.50 On the vBox
    Click here to enlarge

Video of it

Second Morning Session

First Afternoon Session

Second Afternoon Session

Some photos taken by my buddy in an A4, he comes out in a few.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yandyr/...7629203965683/
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Man that looks like so much fun... Do you feel any understeer at all? Do you have a stiffer rear swaybar? Still have meth injection going?

Someone actually goes out and tracks their car!! and let me know next time you go out there.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Man that looks like so much fun... Do you feel any understeer at all? Do you have a stiffer rear swaybar? Still have meth injection going?

Someone actually goes out and tracks their car!! and let me know next time you go out there.
    Dude, it's a blast out there; you do it once, you're hooked! I have stock rear sway, M3 front sway.. Understeer's almost gone, the biggest difference in that though (I'm sure each part played a bit of a role) was the Camber plates. I can now get over -3 camber which is easily adjustable; I say almost gone, cause I run street tires, with a good set of NT01s, it's a done deal.

The car's still very limited on some slower corners with the lack of LSD; but on fast corners it's very balanced.. I have 2 maybe 3 track days left, before the super hot summer, which I'll use to save up for an LSD.. My plans were for earlier, but personal things got in the way.

putting on a square set of Kosei K1s with Hankook RS-3s 245/40/17s all around weee!

If you're interested; I'll be at Homestead doing the same thing on Feb 18th.. http://erme.us .. it's 2-for-1, so if you have a friend that wants to come out with you, it's an awesome deal..
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Have some goodies on the way too:

Four Kosei K1 17x8.5 et 40 Wheels
    Four Nitto NT01 245/45/17 tires

Hopefully with my -3 camber at the track it's not an issue.. let's find out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    awesome videos man, +rep! loved the g-meter and how it kept a faded version of where you were, don't know if that's standard vbox or not, will soon tho. also let me know the next time you go, i would LOVE to join. I haven't tracked since stock turbos! the car feels awesome and i'd love to join as well next time you go.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

You car sounds really good man. I have a couple videos too if you want me to post them up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    awesome videos man, +rep! loved the g-meter and how it kept a faded version of where you were, don't know if that's standard vbox or not, will soon tho. also let me know the next time you go, i would LOVE to join. I haven't tracked since stock turbos! the car feels awesome and i'd love to join as well next time you go.
    I'll be at Homestead 2/18, 3/10 - 11, then at Sebring 3/31 - 4/1, so you're more than welcome to join me there. That will probably be it for the summer heat down here; And need to save up for an LSD / Cooling mods (Oil / Water Pump / Radiator).. so that'll take me till Oct or so... come on down man, would love to see what the ASR turbos can do out there Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    You car sounds really good man. I have a couple videos too if you want me to post them up.
    yea dude, post them up I wanna see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Just curious, what kind of oil temps were you seeing? I was running JB4 map 4 (stock boost) and was seeing temps as high was 270*. I pretty much never floored it down the entire back straigh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X85Ho...p;feature=plcp

Just curious, what kind of oil temps were you seeing? I was running JB4 map 4 (stock boost) and was seeing temps as high was 270*. I pretty much never floored it down the entire back straigh.
    I was seeing about the same consistently, but I never let off and temp never increase past that. Running Cobb Stg2+Sport, which is about 15-16 PSI I plus all my other mods.. that was the most aggressive I've run at a track event, most of the time I run stock boost, but worked out well.

Thanks for the video
    Last edited by yandyr; 02-07-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X85Ho...p;feature=plcp

Nice video; in there from 4:13 to about 6:00 shows the frustration I had with the Corvettes all day, wait to the last possible second to point-by. Don't be afraid to push her man, one thing that help keep mine a bit cooler was going with a 50/50 mix of distilled water and OE coolant.. may add some water wetter later, who knows.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    I'll be at Homestead 2/18, 3/10 - 11, then at Sebring 3/31 - 4/1, so you're more than welcome to join me there. That will probably be it for the summer heat down here; And need to save up for an LSD / Cooling mods (Oil / Water Pump / Radiator).. so that'll take me till Oct or so... come on down man, would love to see what the ASR turbos can do out there Click here to enlarge
    oh great. unfortunately, i'm busy Saturday afternoons. but i can hit up the march 3rd event, and the april 4th. the inner track at homestead is open to the public that day i guess? whenever i try its always some private event for the inner track, otherwise its not even open to the public, at least from the vibe the official gave me. hit me up with a PM, we haven't traded numbers yet have we? LSD made a huge difference, glad you're saving for one. i definitely saw some corners where one would have made a world of difference. are you seeing coolant temps reaching a number too high in your mind while hot lapping? i have yet to see a need for an upp'd radiator, let alone water pump; upp'd oil cooler, different story, every car should get one, even stock. i read my water temp off the BMW PSW, also shows me oil temp on the same page, so my dash gauges are for boost/afr.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 02-07-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

oh great. unfortunately, i'm busy Saturday afternoons. but i can hit up the march 3rd event, and the april 4th. the inner track at homestead is open to the public that day i guess? whenever i try its always some private event for the inner track, otherwise its not even open to the public, at least from the vibe the official gave me. hit me up with a PM, we haven't traded numbers yet have we? LSD made a huge difference, glad you're saving for one. i definitely saw some corners where one would have made a world of difference. are you seeing coolant temps reaching a number too high in your mind while hot lapping? i have yet to see a need for an upp'd radiator, let alone water pump; upp'd oil cooler, different story, every car should get one, even stock. i read my water temp off the BMW PSW, also shows me oil temp on the same page, so my dash gauges are for boost/afr.
    The lack of LSD is really apparent on the slow winding turns, so yea it's up there on my list. Reason for a better water pump/radiotor is decreasing water temp also decreases oil temps, and it's always a good idea. I have not had any limp modes yet, neither because of water or oil but I'm cautious as it's also my DD car.. at least for another year; then it gets turned into a full on track car.

PM Sent

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Nice video; in there from 4:13 to about 6:00 shows the frustration I had with the Corvettes all day, wait to the last possible second to point-by. Don't be afraid to push her man, one thing that help keep mine a bit cooler was going with a 50/50 mix of distilled water and OE coolant.. may add some water wetter later, who knows.
    I have a bottle of water wetter and a couple gallon jugs of water in my garage now. I meant to do it before going to the track, but just ran out of time. Next time I guess I'll try to run Map 1 depending on the ambient temp. It sucked big time being down power though. Also, what kind of tires are you on? I trashed my Continentals. They had 90% tread when I got there, and left with about 10% and literally wore the down the sidewalls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have a bottle of water wetter and a couple gallon jugs of water in my garage now. I meant to do it before going to the track, but just ran out of time. Next time I guess I'll try to run Map 1 depending on the ambient temp. It sucked big time being down power though. Also, what kind of tires are you on? I trashed my Continentals. They had 90% tread when I got there, and left with about 10% and literally wore the down the sidewalls.
    I've been using Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s on stock wheels, 235/40/18 and 255/35/18. They lasted a good pounding, about 5 track days, the fronts are actually pretty good still, the backs no so much, but that was from running too much air, the middle is almost bald, while the sides are not.

Regardless, for my next time out, I'll have a square setup of Kosei K1s 17x8.5 et40, with Nitto NT01s 245/45/17 all around Click here to enlarge

To prevent such bad wear, you're going to need some negative camber, either get some plates or M3 suspension parts that allow for more camber up front.

This is what I run:

-2.5 with 1/8 toe-in for DD in the Front
    Around -3.0 to -3.2 with whatever toe happens to fall in at the time at the track (Camber's easily adjustable with Vorshlag plates)

Rear, I run -2.0 Camber with 3/16 toe-in all the time, no need to adjust for the track, plus not exactly a 5 minute job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I've been using Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s on stock wheels, 235/40/18 and 255/35/18. They lasted a good pounding, about 5 track days, the fronts are actually pretty good still, the backs no so much, but that was from running too much air, the middle is almost bald, while the sides are not.

Regardless, for my next time out, I'll have a square setup of Kosei K1s 17x8.5 et40, with Nitto NT01s 245/45/17 all around Click here to enlarge

To prevent such bad wear, you're going to need some negative camber, either get some plates or M3 suspension parts that allow for more camber up front.

This is what I run:

-2.5 with 1/8 toe-in for DD in the Front
    Around -3.0 to -3.2 with whatever toe happens to fall in at the time at the track (Camber's easily adjustable with Vorshlag plates)

Rear, I run -2.0 Camber with 3/16 toe-in all the time, no need to adjust for the track, plus not exactly a 5 minute job.
    I think you'll really like the way more rubber up front will feel on the 1er.

I have no plans to mess with my alignment on this car. For nearly stock I was impressed by it. I think my money is more wisely spent on getting a dedicated DE car at some point.

And here is another video for anybody who cares:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I'll have a square setup of Kosei K1s 17x8.5 et40, with Nitto NT01s 245/45/17 all around
    Will 245 fit on the front? Did you roll your fenders or are they stock?
    I like the solution of the M3 sway bar. Understeer is one of my main complaints for my 135i.
    I'm also considdering replacing all the bushings under the car by Powerflex polyurethane ones.
    That should eliminate more body movement. Might combine that with another sway bar...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have no plans to mess with my alignment on this car. For nearly stock I was impressed by it. I think my money is more wisely spent on getting a dedicated DE car at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgb90...p;feature=plcp
    That's a smart move if you plan to keep that one as your DD. My plan is to little by little turn this into a dedicated track car, why I'm doing so much to it. By the time I'm done, it'll be paid off (4 to 5 months) then I'll get a daily beater for DD, probably an Ford F150 or something so I can get a trailer Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Will 245 fit on the front? Did you roll your fenders or are they stock?
    I like the solution of the M3 sway bar. Understeer is one of my main complaints for my 135i.
    I'm also considdering replacing all the bushings under the car by Powerflex polyurethane ones.
    That should eliminate more body movement. Might combine that with another sway bar...
    245s up front should fit just fine with my setup, I have tons of camber and I did roll the fenders back when I first lowered it. The bushing idea is a good one, been planning/thinking about that as well, but with the M3 ones.. may do it at the same time as the LSD. Negative camber however, makes a huge difference in understeer, and KW V2s help allot stiffening up the ride for the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgb90...1&feature=plcp
    i like your lines a lot.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I love how you share your HPDE's with us. Nice to see you using the car to its potential on the road course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

yandy doesnt $#@! around...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

i like your lines a lot.
    Thanks, I just have to get more consistent.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I love how you share your HPDE's with us. Nice to see you using the car to its potential on the road course.
    It's different on these boards, everything's about 1/4 miles or 60-130 times, so I figured why not.. plus it's also fun Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    yandy doesnt $#@! around...
    No I don't