Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It still never ceases to amaze me how widespread VD has gotten. It spreads like ... VD. You just want to give it to someone else once you experience it. Click here to enlarge

Its just amazing that this side project of mine turned out to be of such use to the community.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    The ONLY way to graph your runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bbarnhill Click here to enlarge
    It still never ceases to amaze me how widespread VD has gotten. It spreads like ... VD. You just want to give it to someone else once you experience it. Click here to enlarge

Its just amazing that this side project of mine turned out to be of such use to the community.
    I think Laloosh was first to plot a graph with VD for this community on e90post...then I was like what the heck is that tool, didn't think much of it as I've seen some others and wasn't impressed...still, downloaded it, contacted you, tried it and was surprised how correct it can be if used/configured properly and then posted a review on the 3 forums in the community on it...eventually more people started to try it for themselves and it got some pretty good traction...can't beat it when its free and it works as well as it does

Much thanks Brad
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah ive seen you on the other forums too ... thought i recognized the name. Its taken off and I dont know where its gonna go but I hope its the tool that everyone on the forums can use to compare and tune with some day. Its getting close.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah ive seen you on the other forums too ... thought i recognized the name. Its taken off and I dont know where its gonna go but I hope its the tool that everyone on the forums can use to compare and tune with some day. Its getting close.
    Do you do all this programming yourself? What else can you do? I have some ideas...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is guest vendor good?
    It's good at keeping sneaky vendors trying to market/sell without paying for advertising honest. It really should be renamed Guest Vishnu.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    hahaha.

Im the one man programming army that wrote Virtual Dyno. Ive had others help test it but Im the sole coder. Ideas are always welcomed. I will say that if I would get my butt in the shower this morning and get on the way to work I could test the logger I wrote which could be incorporated into VD and COULD be made to take live logs and HP graphs. Just sayin.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hahaha.

Im the one man programming army that wrote Virtual Dyno. Ive had others help test it but Im the sole coder. Ideas are always welcomed. I will say that if I would get my butt in the shower this morning and get on the way to work I could test the logger I wrote which could be incorporated into VD and COULD be made to take live logs and HP graphs. Just sayin.
    I'm just saying what else could you program?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ohh there are things on my mind ... if I can squeeze 25 hours out of a day Click here to enlarge
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ohh there are things on my mind ... if I can squeeze 25 hours out of a day Click here to enlarge
    But you didn't answer my question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive had a few ideas that have left be but I promise more can be written. I dont know about having the time to do it though. If I were rich Id program for fun all the time. Id probably hire a few people just to help work on things that were fun.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont think you answered his question again...Sticky a developer can pretty much do anythimg. I'm a developer/software architect last 15 years. Pm me if you wish and we can talk
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what language do you guys primarily write in? I use C# mainly. I learned the value of obfuscation a few days ago when I realized that a certain logger software has decompiled my code and stolen part of VD and added it to his application. I know this because his screenshots use the same graphing library and he has a bug that I had with scaling on the same graph I had it on. Plus his UI looks like he tried to copy VDs interface but failed miserably in implementing it.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My primary focus is Java Enterprise (J2EE) development. In the past while I've been doing some fun stuff with mobile development as well.

Here's some stuff off my resume that I've done in the past 10-15 years among others:

Dish Network (dishonline.com) - IPTV platform design from the ground up and moving their satellite TV programming online
    Bell Canada DSL line and POTS (telephone line) service provisioning and fulfillment, backend integration
    ING Direct US (Mobile App, backend core banking services)
    DiscoverCard Mobile App
    Budco (Detroit) - system architecture for health insurance, benefits eligibility and fulfillment platform
    Workbrain (Infor) - time and attendance management platform, biometric reader interfaces
    Alfresco Content Management System - consulting, custom development services

I'm an independent contractor, get subcontracted out usually to get projects off the ground, turn business requirements into technical requirements and system architecture, form a team of senior/junior developers and QA and see it through to production deployment.

Pretty much done it all, its fun stuff but when you do it every day its....meh Click here to enlarge

Brad, in terms of obfuscation, any time you have a product you really want to obfuscate your code. It doesn't entirely protect you from forgery but it does make it difficult enough for someone to easily plagiarize your work. For closed/internal systems components, we never obfuscate the code. However, in your case, or any application provided out to public or sold the binaries should definitely be obfuscated.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What about 335xi, virtual dyno 1.1.7 has not profile for all wheel drive.

Can vd handle xi's ? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it can handle XIs ... it just needs the definition for one. Got all the data for it?

curb weight, gear ratios, final drive ratio, frontal area in square feet, drag coefficient, tire height in inches, year models this applies to.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i am running vd on parallels macbook w7 and sometimes it just throws an error saying cannot load xml columns. only way to fix is to reinstall it. print screen will help troubleshooting for you?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't have issues with VD in parallels running on a macbook pro and win7 ultimate vm
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it can handle XIs ... it just needs the definition for one. Got all the data for it?

curb weight, gear ratios, final drive ratio, frontal area in square feet, drag coefficient, tire height in inches, year models this applies to.
    Here is the specs for BMW 335XI E92 automatic
    Model Platform Type Transmission
    reverse
    final drive
    redline
    335i E92 xDrive Coupe automatic

frontal area is 2.0800 m2(22.3888 square foot )
    drag coefficient is 0.3
    curb weight is 1724 kg

Tires 225/40/18

Year 2008

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Works in XI

<CarParameters>
    <CarMake>BMW</CarMake>
    <CarModel>335ix</CarModel>
    <CarSubModel>N54</CarSubModel>
    <StartYear>2007</StartYear>
    <EndYear>2010</EndYear>
    <Weight>3800</Weight>
    <TransTypeManual>false</TransTypeManual>
    <TransGear3>1.52</TransGear3>
    <TransGear4>1.14</TransGear4>
    <FinalGearRatio>3.46</FinalGearRatio>
    <DragCoefficient>0.30</DragCoefficient>
    <FrontalArea>22.39</FrontalArea>
    <TireDiameter>25.09</TireDiameter>
    </CarParameters>

Gear 3 run : JB4, BMS drop-in, map7, 60/40 mix 95E10/RE85
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the loading XML error is a known issue that I address in 1.1.8 that I hope to get out very soon.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I also went ahead and added the xi that was listed above. Ill push that update out asap. Im about 4 hours from home but that shouldnt keep me from pushing the update out. Ill push it out hopefully later today.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

So I had some race gas left in the tank from the track this weekend. Decided to do some logs today and load them into the VD. They're a little high, but it's fun. Mods are in the sig. I had 1/8 tank 93 and 1/8 tank 114 oct. The first pull was a 65 additive with max boost of 20.5 but couldn't reach target because I still have an 18ohm board. I lowered the additive to 55 and max boost to 18.5. I was much closer to target after that. Next mod is definately 15 ohm board!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    add always timings :-)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, you're right. I forgot all about clicking the timing button. Thanks.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you know you can graph all those other columns in virtual dyno too ... there is a small button in the bottom right of the log in the left column.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast