Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I need this beer mug:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I know there's a beer thread somewhere on this forum, but $#@! it.

Personally I love everything, as long as it's cold, but I like darker beers, IPAs, stouts & lagers. Dogfish Head, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat, Lagunitas & Founders are some of my favorites.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Group buy?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I know there's a beer thread somewhere on this forum, but $#@! it.

Personally I love everything, as long as it's cold, but I like darker beers, IPAs, stouts & lagers. Dogfish Head, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat, Lagunitas & Founders are some of my favorites.
    You east coasters get all the good stuff. =\ damn post-prohibition, liquor distribution laws.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hifiguy Click here to enlarge
    You east coasters get all the good stuff. =\ damn post-prohibition, liquor distribution laws.
    I mean, Lagunitas is a CA product.... You could go on a micro-brewery tour through PA though

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I mean, Lagunitas is a CA product.... You could go on a micro-brewery tour through PA though
    Personally, don't care for their brews. Yeungling from PA though, good stuff!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Haha Yueng is prob my favorite regular beer. I went to school in bumble$#@! Pennsyltucky PA & a pitcher of Yueng was like $6

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Haha Yueng is prob my favorite regular beer. I went to school in bumble$#@! Pennsyltucky PA & a pitcher of Yueng was like $6
    LoL, it's cheap, but eventually the taste grows on you. One of my school mates' buddies actually shipped cases...CASES of Yuengling Lager to beantown, there must've been like 3-4 cases stacked in the closest! Then he didn't end up staying for summer term, so we spent that summer taking care of those beers LOL. In the end we got like 5 bucks for 100 empties LMFAO!

I'm surprised you get Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas, any San Diego beers? Man, what I'd give for a Yuengling right about now. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

San Diego has some great brews. Honestly California just has great beer and wine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

^ awesome brew Deschutes Armory XPA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ha ! It's funny to hear about Yeungling from someone other than in this area. I've never heard of it until I moved to NJ. I'm not a beer connoisseur or anything but, I know what I like. YL is pretty good as an everday beer. I do miss drinking Four Peaks Kiltlifter after living in AZ. Man that's some good stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

All I know is I love beer. Not as much as wine but still.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^ awesome brew Deschutes Armory XPA
    Tasting notes on the XPA? I find the bitterness of their pale ale to be more balanced than their IPA, go figure.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Ha ! It's funny to hear about Yeungling from someone other than in this area. I've never heard of it until I moved to NJ. I'm not a beer connoisseur or anything but, I know what I like. YL is pretty good as an everday beer. I do miss drinking Four Peaks Kiltlifter after living in AZ. Man that's some good stuff.
    That's the first rule of beer club, go with what tastes good. Click here to enlarge I actually got a tin sign of YL, it's the oldest brewery in continuous operation since 1829, forgot what they brewed during prohibition. How was the FP Kiltlifter?

All I know is I love beer. Not as much as wine but still.
    What wine attributes do you prefer over beer? I've only been drinking wine for half as long as beer, and so far find wines to be more subtle in bouquet and flavor, less refreshing, but have a higher potential for bringing out amazing flavors in food.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tasting notes on the XPA? I find the bitterness of their pale ale to be more balanced than their IPA, go figure.

That's the first rule of beer club, go with what tastes good. Click here to enlarge I actually got a tin sign of YL, it's the oldest brewery in continuous operation since 1829, forgot what they brewed during prohibition. How was the FP Kiltlifter?

What wine attributes do you prefer over beer? I've only been drinking wine for half as long as beer, and so far find wines to be more subtle in bouquet and flavor, less refreshing, but have a higher potential for bringing out amazing flavors in food.
    Wow, didn't know they held that title. My father was the first to tell me about it before I saw it in the local stores. I thought it was a chinese or japanese beer lol. And your descriptive skills surpass mine when it comes to identifying key elements to a beverage.... All I got is, it tastes like a " wholesome " beer ( if that even means anything ). It's dark and is a bit heavier than say budweiser or corona. I think it's closest flavor to what i've had is like Guinness but, i'm probably butchering it's profile in terms of what you'd might get out of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow, didn't know they held that title. My father was the first to tell me about it before I saw it in the local stores. I thought it was a chinese or japanese beer lol. And your descriptive skills surpass mine when it comes to identifying key elements to a beverage.... All I got is, it tastes like a " wholesome " beer ( if that even means anything ). It's dark and is a bit heavier than say budweiser or corona. I think it's closest flavor to what i've had is like Guinness but, i'm probably butchering it's profile in terms of what you'd might get out of it.
    The YL name also threw me off the first time, but after drinking it for a whole summer it's become one of my favorite lagers. Sounds like that Kiltlifter is a medium bodied beer with more flavor than a typical commercial beer. Guinness is prob the heaviest beer most people have tasted but its actually considered a medium weight beer since its doesn't pack too many calories. If you visit any beer forums, those guys got like PhD's compared to me, haha. The more variety you try the better you get at noticing the differences.

Any other NJ beers you recommend?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The YL name also threw me off the first time, but after drinking it for a whole summer it's become one of my favorite lagers. Sounds like that Kiltlifter is a medium bodied beer with more flavor than a typical commercial beer. Guinness is prob the heaviest beer most people have tasted but its actually considered a medium weight beer since its doesn't pack too many calories. If you visit any beer forums, those guys got like PhD's compared to me, haha. The more variety you try the better you get at noticing the differences.

Me thinks I need to visit some of these forums. I never actually thought of it.

And unfortunately, YL was the only one I knew about actually being from NJ. I've just recently started branching out to other types of beer that aren't in your local gas station fridge ( i.e. basic commercial domestic beers ). I only came upon Kiltlifer after going to a place called " Tilted Kilt " in AZ. I late noticed it was in the local fridges. Now and then I get a six of random beers at Canal's ( local beer/wine house ) but, I haven't come across anything that stands out. Well, except for Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. That was a happy trial and error beer lol. I grew up in South Jamaica, NY and such variety was lost on the " hood ". Never knew about fruit flavors in beer without it tasting like a crappy wine cooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Guinness is light.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Had something similar last night, Brooklyn Brewery Black & Chocolate Stout -- Quality winter brews
    Attachment 23310
    Now both of those are proper (chocolate) stouts.

Refresh my memory, but the Brooklyn had a rich dark chocolate taste while the Sam Adams was more malty with a touch of coffee?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Now both of those are proper (chocolate) stouts.

Refresh my memory, but the Brooklyn had a rich dark chocolate taste while the Sam Adams was more malty with a touch of coffee?
    The Brooklyn is noticeably chocolatey. This reminds me, I have some Magic Hat Heart of Darkness I need to finish

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, except for Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. That was a happy trial and error beer lol. Never knew about fruit flavors in beer without it tasting like a crappy wine cooler.
    Oh man, that stuff's terrible! The only good beers from them are their seasonal summer and winter brews, def check them out! There aren't too many fruit flavor beers that you would want to drink, but my #1 favorite is Magic Hat #9! Bonus points to anyone who knows what fruit they use. Click here to enlarge

The Brooklyn is noticeably chocolatey. This reminds me, I have some Magic Hat Heart of Darkness I need to finish
    Man, don't think I've had that one, how is it? MH is my fav east coast brewery, wish we could get it more out here. Any other brews from MH you reco?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

There aren't too many fruit flavor beers that you would want to drink, but my #1 favorite is Magic Hat #9!
    The #9 is awesome! Had it by accident once because a girl I was hanging out with liked the tap and been a fan since.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The #9 is awesome! Had it by accident once because a girl I was hanging out with liked the tap and been a fan since.
    Yeah man, it's an amazing brew, and only $3.99 for a 22oz! lol

Sounds like this girl knows her beers, haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Sounds like this girl knows her beers, haha.
    No she picked it based on the tap design...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No she picked it based on the tap design...
    LMAO

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast