Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 151 to 173 of 173
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Like I said I'm sure there aren't a ton all over the place but a dct M3 isn't exactly a rare car and people do dumb $#@! and crash them all the time I'm sure. Plus your going about it the wrong way you don't find something like that on a google search. I've put a very specific order for an N63 with several large collision shops that service local BMW dealers and have been called 4 times about totaled cars with N63's in them that I could buy. It isn't immediate but it doesn't take that long either, once I get exactly what I'm looking for I'll buy another N63 motor cause I'm not gonna be sidelined for too long when I build my engine. It's just a heads up from past experience for future builds.
    I'm dead serious, if you are going to talk about finding it please find it. I don't know where you look but go ahead and do it. Go through all your sources whatever they may be and show me.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I had to argue that with a company once that was doing something free for me but was taking longer than first promised. Both parties are sacrificing for R&D and there needs to be an impetus to get the job rolling.
    There was not much more I could do other than call and ask what was taking so long. I stated I wanted the car to run in an event last year and well I missed that one. I'm going to miss the roll on event this month as well. In my opinion we should have EASILY been able to make these events and I wanted to but life goes on.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    64.0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    If I may ask, how are you figuring SSP had the transmission for 2 years? If you would look at the dates I provided, you would see that we had the car 13 months, and 2 months prior to that we took posession of the transmission. A total of 15 months does not add up to 2 years.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSPKris Click here to enlarge
    If I may ask, how are you figuring SSP had the transmission for 2 years? If you would look at the dates I provided, you would see that we had the car 13 months, and 2 months prior to that we took posession of the transmission. A total of 15 months does not add up to 2 years.
    Not sure what the exact dates you received it are but the build thread was started March of 2010. You did tell me I would have it in 2010 and this would take a few months so the people criticizing the time period, although they may be inflating it, are correct that the project took much longer than originally stated.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sounds like the honeymoon is over......

    I'll be right back, I gotta run up to the store to grab some popcorn, anyone else need some?
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like the honeymoon is over......

    I'll be right back, I gotta run up to the store to grab some popcorn, anyone else need some?
    Nobody is mad at anybody here or upset. I'm quite happy SSP was willing to do the project and I hope we have some great results to show that are mutually beneficial.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Helping you:


  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody is mad at anybody here or upset. I'm quite happy SSP was willing to do the project and I hope we have some great results to show that are mutually beneficial.
    Sounds like somebody's calendar was broken...must have been using one of those cheap Chinese knock-off's. 15 months and 24 months is a slight discrepency. Somebody is $#@!ed up on this one, so which was it, 15 months or 24 months?
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like somebody's calendar was broken...must have been using one of those cheap Chinese knock-off's. 15 months and 24 months is a slight discrepency. Somebody is $#@!ed up on this one, so which was it, 15 months or 24 months?
    I think people are confusing the time SSP had the transmission and the total build time. The build thread for the trans was started March 2010 and the trans was received back October of last year I believe.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Points
    2,103.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think people are confusing the time SSP had the transmission and the total build time. The build thread for the trans was started March 2010 and the trans was received back October of last year I believe.
    So SSP had the trans for 19 Months?
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    So SSP had the trans for 19 Months?
    I'm not quite sure, Kris knows the exact dates.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Points
    2,103.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not quite sure, Kris knows the exact dates.
    Well Kris @ SSP said 15 months so I guess the correct time SSP had the car for was 15 months.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Well Kris @ SSP said 15 months so I guess the correct time SSP had the car for was 15 months.
    I guess so.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I guess so.
    So what happened to the other 15 or so months Sticky? Wasn't this entire build started about 25 months ago???? I'm getting more and more confused as this thread goes on. This is so funny, Sticky is affraid to $#@!ing say anything on his own website regarding his own car, that both (SSP and Gintani) seem to have him by the sack.

    Sticky, please explain where the missing 10 months went, was there a third tuner in there that you forgot to mention? 10 months is quite a bit of time to just forget about.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's the part where Stickys memory starts to get foggy.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    So what happened to the other 15 or so months Sticky? Wasn't this entire build started about 25 months ago???? I'm getting more and more confused as this thread goes on. This is so funny, Sticky is affraid to $#@!ing say anything on his own website regarding his own car, that both (SSP and Gintani) seem to have him by the sack.

    Sticky, please explain where the missing 10 months went, was there a third tuner in there that you forgot to mention? 10 months is quite a bit of time to just forget about.
    I'm not afraid, I just see no reason to sit here and blast Kris. I would have liked for the project to be completed in a more timely fashion.

    Really, the main thing I don't like about the entire project is everyone commenting as if they know better. I didn't see anyone else on the planet do this...

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Here's the part where Stickys memory starts to get foggy.
    I have a huge build thread with every detail in there. What more could you possibly want?

    I have no explanation as to why it took SSP so much longer than they said it would. Kris posted earlier that the seals were a major hold up. They accounted for a few months alone I believe.

    SSP got it done. The BMW community has a DCT upgrade option which everyone seems to be knocking me for instead of appreciating. What is with this kind of thinking?

    If (when) I manage to wear out this transmission and up the boost I'll be glad to have SSP work on it again and put down the power of what I intend to be the fastest E9X M3 in the country.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    there is always someone who will be faster...

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    there is always someone who will be faster...
    In the E92 M3 scene I intend to that be that someone. I'll give it my best shot at least.

    I do not by any means claim to have the fastest car or that I will beat everyone. That is @JRCART's territory anyway.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not afraid, I just see no reason to sit here and blast Kris. I would have liked for the project to be completed in a more timely fashion.

    Really, the main thing I don't like about the entire project is everyone commenting as if they know better. I didn't see anyone else on the planet do this...
    Sticky, all I am asking is why the huge discrepency in time0line facts? You have stated that SSP took 2 years in other posts and SSP is claiming they only had it for about 15 months, that's a fairly large gap in the time-line.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, all I am asking is why the huge discrepency in time0line facts? You have stated that SSP took 2 years in other posts and SSP is claiming they only had it for about 15 months, that's a fairly large gap in the time-line.
    I think everybody is just throwing around 2 years. We have a more specific breakdown provided now.

    I understand you want to estabalish this more definitively and I have no problem with that. My understanding as posted is that this started around March of 2010 and the trans was back late October last year.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think everybody is just throwing around 2 years. We have a more specific breakdown provided now.

    I understand you want to estabalish this more definitively and I have no problem with that. My understanding as posted is that this started around March of 2010 and the trans was back late October last year.
    Sticky - I think guys just want to piece it together, so they can form their own opinions. When did you give up possession of your M3? You probably know that date, for 100% certain.

    SSP is claiming in post 152 that they had your car for 13 months and the transmission for 15 months. Previously, they stated that they received the car in October of 2010 and returned it in November of 2011. So, if they only received the transmission two months in advance of the car, that means they received the transmission in August, 2010.

    So, that probably begs the question... where was your DCT transmission from March 2010 'til August 2010? Just sitting at Gintani?

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Sticky - I think guys just want to piece it together, so they can form their own opinions. When did you give up possession of your M3? You probably know that date, for 100% certain.
    Honestly, my car had been at Gintani since sometime in 2009 I believe. I have around 12,000 miles on it. Didn't really drive it much and it has been getting modded since I got it. Have spent very little time with it.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    SSP is claiming in post 152 that they had your car for 13 months and the transmission for 15 months. Previously, they stated that they received the car in October of 2010 and returned it in November of 2011. So, if they only received the transmission two months in advance of the car, that means they received the transmission in August, 2010.
    I posted the info I have.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    So, that probably begs the question... where was your DCT transmission from March 2010 'til August 2010? Just sitting at Gintani?
    No idea, I thought SSP already had it in March. If you look at the build thread you should be able to piece it all together. I just don't feel like sorting through all those pages right now. It's all there though...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •