Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Your right no reason to rush Gintani it's only been two months to relocate an oil cooler, besides it's not like the car was sitting around for 2 years for them to figure $#@! like this out. Oh wait...

kinda like your situation with an N63 tune, DP and CEL fix?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    kinda like your situation with an N63 tune, DP and CEL fix?
    Except my car is at home and functional. It was down all of 2 hrs for the attempt I made to get rid of the CEL. Didn't work? No big deal I drove the hell out of it that same night. I'm having a hard time following your logic? You do know my car has never been inoperable right? The CEL is on but it drives fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe Sticky did slit his wrists, he hasn't posted all day.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Except my car is at home and functional. It was down all of 2 hrs for the attempt I made to get rid of the CEL. Didn't work? No big deal I drove the hell out of it that same night. I'm having a hard time following your logic? You do know my car has never been inoperable right? The CEL is on but it drives fine.
    just saying that if your the first that wants something you have to wait, whether your car is sitting somewhere or not. I didnt mean to be abrasive though

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Maybe Sticky did slit his wrists, he hasn't posted all day.
    or even better, got off his ass and went down there..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I lived this nightmare a year ago, the only difference is that after 5 months of no progress and excuse after excuse from evosport I sent a $#@!ing flatbed tow truck over to evosport and yanked the damn car out and sent it to Weistec to get the job done right. This story is even more familar to me because I was the first one to ante up the coin for a Weistec blower, acouple months before Earl pulled the trigger yet Earls car was running before mine. That was evosports doing, Weistec made things right. If Sticky didn't learn anything from my story I guess he will never learn. I learned a $#@!load and because of that I'm probably a real pain in the ass customer but I am not going to ever get bent over by another tuner ever again.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just saying that if your the first that wants something you have to wait, whether your car is sitting somewhere or not. I didnt mean to be abrasive though
    We go back to the same things though, there is a difference between the time it takes to do something and an excessive delay. We can go around 100 times but at the end of the day the trans took forever in large part because there wasn't a sense of urgency to get it done. Same thing with this oil cooler, Iirc you've done mechanical things before you should have some idea of what is involved in relocating a cooler. It's not a 2 month job, you would think that with the absurdly long time it's already been they'd be working their ass of to get this ready instead minor tasks take forever. I know that shops like to get at the easy jobs first since it's where they make the quick bucks and the challenging projects tend to sit. That happens everywhere BUT it's the owners responsibility to stay on top of it, look at my drag car I get weekly updates whether anythings been done or not. We have a calendar with goals and if things are falling behind it's addressed QUICK. Take the struts for example, I've been waiting for strange to custom make me a set of their ultra's and I was supposed to have them early January. I didn't get them and last week I got on them about where they were and someone had dropped the ball. I got them this Monday and now where back on schedule.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Oh my! I would raise hell in Sticky's place!
    Why? Drew has been following what I do for years now, why should it change now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Forget the insults. The point is DLSJ5 is having the same clutch setup as Sticky's, but it took 2 years for Sticky to have it and just a few weeks for DLSJ5 (let aside the oil pan.)
    How it goes. I was the guinea pig and now others get to benefit. Drew should be on his knees thanking me.

Let's say he's not a loved person on other sites due some reasons. It's mostly his fault though, he used to act a bit rude on other sites.
    If being rude is telling stupid people they are stupid, guilty as charged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stormtrooper335 Click here to enlarge
    why do thay hate sticky so much?
    Just the two ESS fanboys who are too big of pussies to talk to me here. They are nobodies, who cares?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's what happened for Sticky in the same period:

Blew his transmission => Rebuilt his transmission and still the transmission project is a work in progress.
    Never "blew" anything. The clutches were starting to slip, so I decided to build the trans since there was no option. Decided while that was happening to build the motor as well.

Drew blew his motor and then played Gintani against ESS to get a new motor because he doesn't have the money to play with the big boys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was my goal of posting this. To show that DLSJ5 got the same clutches as him (and to be honest, showing him the insults by ESS fanboys lol), others found it a bit wrong!
    My clutches are stronger actually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nobody hates Sticky, quite the opposite actually, he just isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch when it comes to reading between the lines. The writing has been on the wall for months now and SSP was always the scapegoat but now it appears that Sticky doesn't even get to claim being "first" with this trans set-up. I know he gets pissed when I constantly rib him about it and I probably look like a dick for picking up the pace with my ribbing recently but as you can see Sticks story or Gintanis story or SSPs story is flawed. I wonder what Sticky really thinks everytime he sees a Gintani build threadat the top of the recent post page? Sticky got played and is contineuing to get played at this very moment, most of us on here have figured that out already but for some reason Sticky has not come to grips with that reality as of yet. What's it been now 27 months since Sticky started this project? Sorry but NOTHING should take 27 months I don't care what kind of transmission it is. The E9x platform will be extinc before too long and his car will be yesterdays news much like that of my CLK BS,glad I got to enjoy while it was still relivant.

Maybe this thread will open Stickys eyes...but I doubt it.
    Well, I should just bow to your expertise on my platform and my car since you seem to know more about it than I do.

I can't read between the lines? Not the brightest bulb? Jim, let's just let the cars do the talking. Let me worry about my own car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Obviously they used Stickys car for R&D, they are not going to reinvent the wheel everytime someone comes to them with a DCT project. The first times always takes the longest and most work, after that its just a fairly simple swapping of parts. My question now is what is Gintani doing with his car? They have had it for 2 months now I believe, the work they are doing is not rocket science, and once you guys see the amount of work Earl and I got done by Weistec in well under 4 months on 2 carsits gonna make Stickys situation look far worse.
    They have had my car for 3 months now. You said you got work done in 4 months. So, what is this huge difference in time exactly that you keep talking about? In reality it is about the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky should be waking up and chimning in shortly Click here to enlarge

...either that or he's looking for a razor blade to slit his wrists with.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All joking aside I do feel bad for sticky, I mean you spend all this time and money to be the first with a built motor and DCT and here comes someone and basically rains on your parade by being first and what's worse has to wait 1/20th the time and probably paid less to boot. I get it cause I'm building a big project car too and it's been like 9 months for me and if someone comes and builds what I'm doing in two months and runs my class before I even get to I'd be irritated too.
    How is this raining on my parade? A bunch of guys are already running upgraded clutches. People in the Middle East especially.

It will all be worth it, just be patient. You guys crack me up. My car will rip Drew a new $#@! and any other M3 that wants to step up. Then I'll sell it and move on to a new project. I don't even care about the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Didn't someone in the other thread mention this build was a dual clutch and Sticky's is a TRI clutch ? Not the same build ?
    Thank you, I have two additional clutch discs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Luke, that was pure sarcasm, Sticky has a DCT dual clutch.
    Yes, dual clutch but with additional clutch discs vs. the stock setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont see an issue.

Stickys car was the R&D vehicle. yeah, it took time, but its been out of there for some time now.
    drew bought clutches from ssp, not like he got anything custom. and was possible because sticky's car was there for R&D.

there should be really no wait time for anyone else wanting these clutches now, myself included...
    Thank you, voice of reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. The wait time is for the trans cooler. Which is still being worked on I believe(on sticky's car).

Drew said he will most likely get the trans cooler as well down the road.
    I don't think Drew should be piggybacking off my work. Especially considering he has stolen my content to give to my competitors at M3post who won't even acknowledge this site exists.

Guy has no morals but I saw that with how he played Gintani anyway.

Why am I the guy who is always paying more money for the benefit of the community, sacrificing my time/car, and not getting the credit/benefit from it I should? That's life I guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it's true then there is no issue. but iirc Sticky said clutches aren't still available.
    What are you talking about? Clutches were available in 2010: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...icing-from-SSP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your right no reason to rush Gintani it's only been two months to relocate an oil cooler, besides it's not like the car was sitting around for 2 years for them to figure $#@! like this out. Oh wait...
    Gintani didn't have the car, SSP did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I lived this nightmare a year ago, the only difference is that after 5 months of no progress and excuse after excuse from evosport I sent a $#@!ing flatbed tow truck over to evosport and yanked the damn car out and sent it to Weistec to get the job done right. This story is even more familar to me because I was the first one to ante up the coin for a Weistec blower, acouple months before Earl pulled the trigger yet Earls car was running before mine. That was evosports doing, Weistec made things right. If Sticky didn't learn anything from my story I guess he will never learn. I learned a $#@!load and because of that I'm probably a real pain in the ass customer but I am not going to ever get bent over by another tuner ever again.
    Your situation was completely different as Evosport had a cash flow problem and this is why now Brad has lost control of his company. You were right to pull your car out of there. My friend with his M3 is still being taken advantage of after 3+ years and a promise of a V10 twin turbo swap. They used him like a credit card. They used you in a similar manner.

This is not at all the same thing. Gintani will finish the car, you guys are way out of line and going overboard with this. I'm just sick of listening to it. Just wait until the end of the month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Gintani didn't have the car, SSP did.
    Amother head scratcher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No