Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ADV1 wheels have been kicked off of all Internet Brands sites

For you guys who don't know, ADV1 is a wheel company out of Miami that is run by the guy who used to run 360 forged. Yes, the guy who spammed every board with his pics, got a bunch of orders, and then failed to deliver.

360 forged ended up under new management but the guy just went and started a new company which was ADV 1. Unfortunately, he did not take a new approach to customer service and the customer service issues remained (poor quality, taking money and not delivering the product, etc.)

ADV1 won't be allowed to ever advertise here, just to let you guys know. I won't let them take you for a ride. Any site that does allow ADV1 to advertise does not have integrity. Sure, we will view the pics, why not, but we don't want them.

Here is what Internet Brands had to say on 6speed:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by IB Adrian
    We have become aware that some of our sponsors have been retailing ADV1 wheels on 6speedonline. We have removed these advertisements. ADV1 to our knowledge is run by the former people that ran a wheel company 360 Forged, where these people had issues with fulfillment.

We were successful in obtaining fulfillment for our users with outstanding orders.
    However, we have refused to allow ADV1 onto 6speed as sponsors (nor any of our other forums) due to our concern that this would create customer service issues for you, our users. It appears some retailers on 6speed have been promoting ADV1's wheels on their behalf. We have removed all promotion we could find on ADV1 (and would encourage you report any promotion of ADV1 to the moderators), and would like to make it aware that due to prior customer service issues we will not allow them to be advertised on our sites - if we removed any of your content that was in regards to these wheels, our apologies, but I trust you understand our concern.

As a separate, but related item, 360 Forged are under new management (and to our knowledge have not had any issues fulfilling orders since this change).
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well all i can say is I like their wheels but i prefer HRE or DPE.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good call on IB's part (for once, or twice counting Forged 360) but Adrian is still clueless and their sites are still run in a severely biased manner. Let it be known that you can not only survive but prosper without IBs help. Click here to enlarge

FWIW, one of my customers made a few posts commenting on how much he enjoyed the performance of our S2 package on his C63 on MBW last week. His posts were instantly deleted and he was told if he posted anything close to that again he would be banned.

He is currently the 2nd Quickest/Fastest C63 AMG in the world and he made his record passes at his first time ever to the strip in positive DA.

The way some sites are run is absolutely pathetic and childish to say the least, thankfully there are sites like this that are not and that we can all be thankful for.
    Last edited by MHP LLC; 05-29-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Good call on IB's part (for once, or twice counting Forged 360) but Adrian is still clueless and their sites are still run in a severely biased manner. Let it be known that you can not only survive but prosper without IBs help. Click here to enlarge

FWIW, one of my customers made a few posts commenting on how much he enjoyed the performance of our S2 package on his C63 on MBW last week. His posts were instantly deleted and he was told if he posted anything close to that again he would be banned.

He is currently the 2nd Quickest/Fastest C63 AMG in the world and he made his record passes at his first time ever to the strip in positive DA.

The way some sites are run is absolutely pathetic and childish to say the least, thankfully there are sites like this that are not and that we can all be thankful for.
    Absolutely, IB rules with an iron fist. They don't even let you post links to news... any links to other boards are removed. Once they take a site, they ruin it.

I don't even see the reasoning for them to pull the C63 info? Why would they do that to you?

It is possible to survive and prosper without IB but damn does it take work Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely, IB rules with an iron fist. They don't even let you post links to news... any links to other boards are removed. Once they take a site, they ruin it.

I don't even see the reasoning for them to pull the C63 info? Why would they do that to you?
    Considering who actually runs the site, and others they have banned in the past that were also undeserving, I would have to guess they have the simple mentality of "if we can't beat or steal it from them, we'll ban them".

It is possible to survive and prosper without IB but damn does it take work Click here to enlarge
    Sure the path would have been easier without them getting in the way, but the lessons learned were worth the extra effort IMO. They brought me up to speed extremely quickly regarding how cut-throat this business really is. Anyway, we'll see who the last one standing is Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Considering who actually runs the site, and others they have banned in the past that were also undeserving, I would have to guess they have the simple mentality of "if we can't beat or steal it from them, we'll ban them".

Sure the path would have been easier without them getting in the way, but the lessons learned were worth the extra effort IMO. They brought me up to speed extremely quickly regarding how cut-throat this business really is. Anyway, we'll see who the last one standing is Click here to enlarge
    I hope we are the last ones standing Click here to enlarge They could use a little competition, don't you think? Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I hope we are the last ones standing Click here to enlarge They could use a little competition, don't you think? Click here to enlarge
    I do. It's about time someone put their version of reality under the scope. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good news. Hopefully all sites will follow this.

Jordan is a crook. I can't believe AA would associate with such a person. I guess is shows the character of the people running AA.

Their wheels are all show, no go. Forget about them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Good news. Hopefully all sites will follow this.

Jordan is a crook. I can't believe AA would associate with such a person. I guess is shows the character of the people running AA.

Their wheels are all show, no go. Forget about them.
    I am a bit disappointed in AA for featuring his wheels so prominently to make a few bucks on the side. They have too much class to be working with someone so dirty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bump

West Los Angeles, California, United States
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is Interad in any shape way or form related to Jordan/360/ADV1?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shaunt Click here to enlarge
    Is Interad in any shape way or form related to Jordan/360/ADV1?
    No idea, but worth looking into.

West Los Angeles, California, United States
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'll do some investigating

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good to see some sites actually looking out for their members unlike others...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They brought me up to speed extremely quickly regarding how cut-throat this business really is.

I have been starting to see this more and more. As I have progressed from doing work on my own to working in shops to semi-sorta running my own gig, I have realized that this industry can be VERY nasty..and for what reasons I really dont know...jealousy? Ego? Just being a scumbag full time?

I guess my former boss was right in telling me that its very hard to keep an honest business going in these times, but he always had conversations with me about buying the shop from him after he retired. He isnt the type to make brash decisions about his business, and if he was leaving it up to me to run it, then he must have seen something good in me.

Maybe I should have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn.. i really like the adv1's 5-1 and 5-3 .. i wonder where i can get a set

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I have been starting to see this more and more. As I have progressed from doing work on my own to working in shops to semi-sorta running my own gig, I have realized that this industry can be VERY nasty..and for what reasons I really dont know...jealousy? Ego? Just being a scumbag full time?
    I really do not know but we are going to try hard to keep the honest vendors here and the crap out. That means we will have like 6 sponsors at best Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Apparently, He did right by everyone
    http://www.secretentourage.com/succe...dan-swerdloff/
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yup adv1 is a joke. Strasse Forged is also a joke because all their designs are stolen from other companies
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Apparently, He did right by everyone
    http://www.secretentourage.com/succe...dan-swerdloff/
    i remember posting this before somewhere... but ya he claims to have righted his ways
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is the first I've seen that article, thanks. In regards to the article though, he doesn't talk about the crazy lies and lack of quality assurance that plagued him near the end. Everything he says in that interview sounds perfectly reasonable, like it could happen to anyone, but just plain lying to people on the phone and sometimes in person about products being at various stages of completion to shipped isn't a 'mistake' imho.

In the end I guess if you decide you really need to have a set of their wheels (I know I almost pulled the trigger) I think you Need to go through one of the companies he thanks (Jorge at Wheel Addicts and Ben at Wheels Boutique) as that's your best bet of actually receiving what you ordered.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    That is the first I've seen that article, thanks. In regards to the article though, he doesn't talk about the crazy lies and lack of quality assurance that plagued him near the end. Everything he says in that interview sounds perfectly reasonable, like it could happen to anyone, but just plain lying to people on the phone and sometimes in person about products being at various stages of completion to shipped isn't a 'mistake' imho.
    Absolutely, he knew that "interview" was a marketing piece for him or else he would not have agreed to do it. He probably had all the questions before hand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In the end I guess if you decide you really need to have a set of their wheels (I know I almost pulled the trigger) I think you Need to go through one of the companies he thanks (Jorge at Wheel Addicts and Ben at Wheels Boutique) as that's your best bet of actually receiving what you ordered.
    your right about them, but be prepared to spend $$$$ because neither is a cheap option
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

lol bad memory, you posted last Click here to enlarge
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...egarding-ADV.1

the link shows an attachment in an email i got from ADV.1, and their rims are not cheap in the least so having customers pony up 4k+ and be left hanging...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

i read something either on m3/e90 or on the jordanstole my money site and someone was saying something about how wb might own a part of adv1, adv1 still seems so sketchy, i believe how many sets i see people ordering on forumsClick here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast