Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    11.06 E92 DCT M3 60-130 (BMC Filter & Exhaust cut-outs)

    In the pursuit of getting faster, i tried a different road in Mexico, one that is a little closer to home

    results 11.06 with a 2.4% decline. BMC filter, Exaust cut-outs right before mufflers
    Click here to enlarge

    now, although im very happy to have dropped .8 from my original, and 1.9 off the previous "stock" S65 ive seen on any list its
    A. Nowhere near fast enough
    B. shows just how flawed the 3% rule is

    if you look at my results 2 days ago here:
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...haust-cut-outs

    you can see that the % slope is almost exactly equal, even though distance on todays run is shorter, but the linked runs road is not a linear declination, it had high and low points.. I think the accepted 3% is BS, but until someone can devise a better, more accruate way to measure, I can play this game too Click here to enlarge

    stay tuned my friends, more to come Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    so a blower knocks 5 secs off this number huh?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    i dunno about that. its more of a game playing with time over distance. its really all BS man. you need 2 cars at the same time or a smaller deviation to ACTUALLY compare anything.
    I mean, think about it. ive knocked 1.4 seconds off the only known previous stock times by a filter (10hp?) and exhaust cutouts (5-10hp?) and i think i can best this run as i shifted later than i wanted from 2-3 and 3-4.

    so that puts me at what, if i have 330 stock, i MIGHT have 345? if stock 350, i MIGHT have 365 rwhp?
    look at the list:
    11.05 - Pencilgeek /E92 M3 6MT/ RS-46 RDsport stroker/ 91 octane/ 2shifts
    11.0x - slcook54 / E36 M3 / TC / 3 shifts
    11.2x - M&M / Chipped 335i / 1 shift
    11.28 - M&M /E92 M3 6MT / Bolt Ons
    12.46 - Stock DCT E92 M3
    12.66 - Eugene Taiwan/ E92 M3 6MT / Bolt ons/ 91 octane
    12.99 - 05SCM3 / E46 M3 VFE Stage 1 SC/ SMG / 2 shifts
    12.99 - Stock E92 M3 Coupe/ 6MT


    your telling me, that i just raped all those cars with 40-50 more HP?
    that means i should be easily capable to drop another 1 1/2 seconds when I add 40-50 hp to my own setup..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,274
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i dunno about that. its more of a game playing with time over distance. its really all BS man. you need 2 cars at the same time or a smaller deviation to ACTUALLY compare anything.
    I mean, think about it. ive knocked 1.4 seconds off the only known previous stock times by a filter (10hp?) and exhaust cutouts (5-10hp?) and i think i can best this run as i shifted later than i wanted from 2-3 and 3-4.

    so that puts me at what, if i have 330 stock, i MIGHT have 345? if stock 350, i MIGHT have 365 rwhp?
    look at the list:
    11.05 - Pencilgeek /E92 M3 6MT/ RS-46 RDsport stroker/ 91 octane/ 2shifts
    11.0x - slcook54 / E36 M3 / TC / 3 shifts
    11.2x - M&M / Chipped 335i / 1 shift
    11.28 - M&M /E92 M3 6MT / Bolt Ons
    12.46 - Stock DCT E92 M3
    12.66 - Eugene Taiwan/ E92 M3 6MT / Bolt ons/ 91 octane
    12.99 - 05SCM3 / E46 M3 VFE Stage 1 SC/ SMG / 2 shifts
    12.99 - Stock E92 M3 Coupe/ 6MT


    your telling me, that i just raped all those cars with 40-50 more HP?
    that means i should be easily capable to drop another 1 1/2 seconds when I add 40-50 hp to my own setup..

    true...i was just making as much of an educated guess as possible...i mean didnt ERM324 claim a sub7 sec 60-130?

    On the second 60-130 on a 2% decline starting in 3rd again I achieved a 6.9, here is the video:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    true...i was just making as much of an educated guess as possible...i mean didnt ERM324 claim a sub7 sec 60-130?
    yea, and thats in line with what has been shown to be expected for a 7+psi S/C on the S65's. I personally would like to see the graph to see distance and decline %, but if he says its legit, its legit, just not confirmed.
    FYI, mine arent confirmed, but im not going for anything other than personal usage, for now. when times stop improving ill submit the best and then mod and start over again
    Last edited by LostMarine; 02-02-2012 at 01:00 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    162
    Rep Points
    116.7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That is very fast for a basically stock M3! Nice time LM. Go to the dyno

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LM - i've dynoed cutouts before and they were less then 3whp on a stock car, if that. Filter is 5whp or so. Your car is basically stock power so that shows us how important your test track and negative slope is when testing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    LM - i've dynoed cutouts before and they were less then 3whp on a stock car, if that. Filter is 5whp or so. Your car is basically stock power so that shows us how important your test track and negative slope is when testing.
    good stuff. thanks for clarifying that up. I didnt think it was worth much, it didnt feel any faster by the SOTP dyno.. which is accuratly calculated BTW, just sounded faster and meaner

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,676
    Rep Points
    3,291.4
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I think 3% rule is good...it gets most people to be able to run a 60-130...not many flat roads out there..on top of that, your times are improving as you're getting better at it...60-130 takes practice and will vary with weight on the car as well (gas in the tank)...weather conditions too, head wind...just like any other sort of racing...its really the only way we can compare somewhat closely the times of one car and another car and exclude launch from the equation...

    I started with RBs in mid 9s and got it down to mid 7s with practice and weight reduction...we'll see what some of the latest cobb sauce brings in terms of these numbers, should be very interesting...

    good stuff LM, keep it up man! 60-130s are fun as long as you have a no-cop, no traffic road close by...i'd stay on that 2.4% road as it look like its got a great slope and start dialing it in..

    P.S. I think stock 335i N54 time is 16-17secs and i got it down to mid 7s...so in terms of your car i'm sure there's TONS left in there man with some good FI!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    looking good man
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Lostmarine-Nice going bro!
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Anyone know who holds the N/A record and what the record is? Is there a graph and has it been verified?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'll be out there with you soon brother!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I know you will!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,150.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Atco is opening soon...very soon Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    32.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know who holds the N/A record and what the record is? Is there a graph and has it been verified?

    Yep that should be me... Strange you do not remember it as when I submitted it you were all over the thread... Click here to enlarge
    By the way, I am pretty sure I have a sub 11 sec time in my files somewhere when my can was 100% and completely stock the day I got it... Click here to enlarge
    Regards

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    85
    Rep Points
    219.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice time LM!
    N/A
    0-100 4.52 | 0-200 15.34 | 1/4 12.66 183.45 km/h | 60-130mph 13.82 Audi RS5 Mods: Stock
    Xitrez 0-100 4.49 | 0-200 15.36 | 1/4 12.66 183.99 km/h | 60-130mph 13.69 BMW X6M AT Mods: Stock
    Polini 0-100 4.81 | 0-200 14.91 | 1/4 12.90 182.82 km/h | 60-130mph 11.84 BMW 335i AT Mods: JB3 map7 FBO
    Finch 0-100 4.31 | 0-200 14.25 | 1/4 12.5 186.67 km/h | 60-130mph 10.76 Subaru WRX MT Mods: N/A 500hp

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tomaz Click here to enlarge
    Nice time LM!
    N/A
    0-100 4.52 | 0-200 15.34 | 1/4 12.66 183.45 km/h | 60-130mph 13.82 Audi RS5 Mods: Stock
    Xitrez 0-100 4.49 | 0-200 15.36 | 1/4 12.66 183.99 km/h | 60-130mph 13.69 BMW X6M AT Mods: Stock
    Polini 0-100 4.81 | 0-200 14.91 | 1/4 12.90 182.82 km/h | 60-130mph 11.84 BMW 335i AT Mods: JB3 map7 FBO
    Finch 0-100 4.31 | 0-200 14.25 | 1/4 12.5 186.67 km/h | 60-130mph 10.76 Subaru WRX MT Mods: N/A 500hp
    Thanks, but I already beat that time again
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-Personal-Best

    now I have primary cat-delete, so ill be trying again, and trying out D5 (auto-shifting). I would have been trying already, but I have a slight wheel vibration above 50mph and not sure if its the wheels or alignment, so tomorrow ill be getting all 4 wheel balanced, and another alignment just incase. ill probably try again on the way home, hoping for a high 9.x or low 10.x Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,294
    Rep Points
    2,744.5
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sounds like a wheel balance if you ask me. I dont think ive ever seen an alignment cause a vibration?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •