Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

CPe Oil Cooler Leak....

For those of you running the CP-e oil cooler (comes with the FMIC) make sure to check your hose connections from time to time. I found a pooling of oil in my garage Saturday and it was from one of the connections at the oil cooler (lines). See the pic below. The underpanel will catch a lot of oil before it drips.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by bigdaddycane; 02-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    '07 E90 335i AW 6MT Sport & Comfort Pkgs
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good you caught it! Really suggest people heavily modding this car get an oil pressure gauge installed..i got one from leatherz and love it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Leatherz has nice stuff. Did you buy the single gauge or the pod? Did it come with everything needed? Where did you mount it.

I'm a bit of a gauge nazi and want something clean like my P3cars vent gauge if I'm going to add another gauge to the interior.
    Click here to enlarge
    MODS: |COBB AP | CP-e | ER | Forge | DCI | KW V1 | M3 Sways | BBS CH | M3 Body Parts| MTech | CF Wrap Trim

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm also very anal about gauges but this looks great and its not in the way..i got their 3 gauge ashtray pod with oil, boost and voltage...wanted the water instead of boost as i also have the p3 gauge but it was on a long backorder

I'll take some pics and post them up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very clean, very nice Dzenno...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdaddycane Click here to enlarge
    Very clean, very nice Dzenno...
    x 10!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LeatherZ.com

EAS has a similar setup
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I ordered the same panel with boost, water temp and oil pressure gauges. Will be installed into the car next week. Definitely not a cheap solution, but you can't beat the clean look!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    I ordered the same panel with boost, water temp and oil pressure gauges. Will be installed into the car next week. Definitely not a cheap solution, but you can't beat the clean look!
    Not cheap but its really useful to keep an eye on...in the past while i've heard too many horror stories about oil leaks on this car specifically in setups where aftermarket oil coolers are being used...

voltage gauge to my surprise came out pretty useful as well actually .. i have a 21lb braille battery and makes it really easy to keep an eye on battery charge...this is really important when flashing the car with new tunes as you don't want the battery dying on you half way..it also helps in knowing if you may be stranded if you keep that radio on while the car is off for too long heh
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Not cheap but its really useful to keep an eye on...in the past while i've heard too many horror stories about oil leaks on this car specifically in setups where aftermarket oil coolers are being used...

voltage gauge to my surprise came out pretty useful as well actually .. i have a 21lb braille battery and makes it really easy to keep an eye on battery charge...this is really important when flashing the car with new tunes as you don't want the battery dying on you half way..it also helps in knowing if you may be stranded if you keep that radio on while the car is off for too long heh
    Ah yes, that makes sense with the battery voltage. I was considering a Braille to lower the weight, but cost and our (somewhat) cold winters detered me from it. Additionally my car is fitted with almost every electrical gizmo and I was too afraid to drain it quickly. How does it hold up in Canada?

I got the gauge panel mainly for the water temps. I need to monitor those at the racetrack and they're only accessible in some secret menu. Too much fiddling when at the track Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    21lb Braille does just fine. My car is without the nav though so I don't have a need for as much cold cranking amps. I may have been ok with a 17lb as well but I went with what others recommended. If I was in a really warm climate I'd probably go with a 17lb-er but 4lbs is nothing...take a good $#@! and there you go LOL

I had a few sketchy situations in the beginning with the Braille...I didn't secure the negative terminal on the battery properly so it wasn't charging right..so 2-3 times I ended up having to get someone to boost me, luckily both times it was at a gas station but it was funny

other than that, once installed/secured properly, this battery does just fine minus the 30lbs (stock was around 53lbs)

Oh, I also used NCS Expert to code my battery to the lowest BMW recognized AGM battery (think its the 40Ah one)...Braille is an AGM type battery and my car came with a non AGM...this is "apparently" supposed to setup an optimum charge cycle for the battery and make it last longer...we'll see
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    LeatherZ.com

EAS has a similar setup
    How do you like it? I haven't heard of LeatherZ.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How do you like it? I haven't heard of LeatherZ.
    Its great, i love it...VDO gauges are one of the most reliable on the market...match the interior perfectly
    Click here to enlarge