Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ESS VT2-500 almost complete!

Hello everyone! Just registered today and I can tell already I'm going to like this forumClick here to enlarge My 2006 Z4MR has been a ginny pig for the VT1-445 and VT2-500 for the past 45 days and it's almost ready to come home. When VT3 is ready I will be sending my car back to ESS for testing and install which should yield 700 hp at the crank with built internals and lower compression. Vt3 won't be ready probably until the end of the year though. When I get my car back with VT2-500, I will post an in depth review with Vbox results and dyno numbers. This is an awesome site by the way. Does anyone want to sell a used set of euro spec oem headers or know of someone who does? Cheers everyone and nice to be here
    Joe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Welcome!

Honestly, the Ebay header is a great bet for the S54. You can't beat the price and it is better than the Euro OEM header, cheaper as well.

Any pics or details on the build? Any details on the VT3? Wasn't the VT3 already supposed to be developed for the S54?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah I looked into the Ebay headers, but ultimately decide to go with the ESS recommended headers. I will try to post a link with the VT1-445 pics and reviews of my car at Mfest Vegas. I've been told it rocks for an entry level kit and can't wait to test the VT2-500, which comes with FMIC and more boost...about 415-430 rwhp depending on fuel, headers, temp. VT3 was projected to be finished by now like the other stages before...but they have been backed up with many projects. I suspect VT3 won't be finished this year, but I can't speak for ESS. VT3 should be a beast with lower compression pistons 9.5/1 and forged rods 700hp at the crank. The Vortech V3 blower is capable of 775hp, so I might try to get a custom tune with meth to achieve those numbersClick here to enlarge My car currently has a 75 shot nitrous system installed with many features. Thanks for the welcome...nice job on the site bro!
    Last edited by fr8tdog; 05-28-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: trouble posting full context

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a link to pics of my car at Mfest Vegas 2010

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=450717

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fr8tdog Click here to enlarge
    yeah I looked into the Ebay headers, but ultimately decide to go with the ESS recommended headers. I will try to post a link with the VT1-445 pics and reviews of my car at Mfest Vegas. I've been told it rocks for an entry level kit and can't wait to test the VT2-500, which comes with FMIC and more boost...about 415-430 rwhp depending on fuel, headers, temp. VT3 was projected to be finished by now like the other stages before...but they have been backed up with many projects. I suspect VT3 won't be finished this year, but I can't speak for ESS. VT3 should be a beast with lower compression pistons 9.5/1 and forged rods 700hp at the crank. The Vortech V3 blower is capable of 775hp, so I might try to get a custom tune with meth to achieve those numbersClick here to enlarge My car currently has a 75 shot nitrous system installed with many features. Thanks for the welcome...nice job on the site bro!
    Everything I have seen and everything from customers and dealers seems to all point toward the VT1-445 being an awesome kit and the best entry level S54 SC available today.

No doubt the VT3 will be a beast I just thought I saw ESS posting stuff about the S54 VT3 a while ago on various forums so I guess I was just surprised it was not available yet.

Thank you, working hard day and night on the site Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a link to pics of my car at Mfest Vegas 2010

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=450717
    Very nice car and a good looking kit... added the pics and dyno to your post, hope you don't mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks....It was kind of strange seeing reviews and pics from people that drove my newly supercharged car before meClick here to enlarge I guess that's an unbiased review though..hahaha. I can't wait to get the car back home! Thanks for adding the pics, if I was more computer savvy I would have done itClick here to enlarge Yeah, the VT3 seems so far away because I want it NOW!! Click here to enlarge I'm confident it will happen, and I will post any info I get in regard to the timeline. When my car gets back to me I will post some words and numbers. Thanks Sticky

Joe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Welcome to the site Bro! I'll be doing the same but in 120f+ temps to show off ESS's reliability! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the site Bro! I'll be doing the same but in 120f+ temps to show off ESS's reliability! Click here to enlarge
    Thanks!! You have a shop in Bahrain? I'm a pilot for Fedex and get over to Dubai all the time. I think we do charters in Bahrain....if I'm on one, I would like to see your shop. VT3! can't wait for that sh$tClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks!! You have a shop in Bahrain? I'm a pilot for Fedex and get over to Dubai all the time. I think we do charters in Bahrain....if I'm on one, I would like to see your shop. VT3! can't wait for that sh$tClick here to enlarge
    I have an online company, not a shop. Also soon our E-Commerce site will be back up as we had some hosting issues. Any way, your more than welcome to come over any time you want. Just let me know in advance and i'll be free.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool thanks for the invite. Never been to Bahrain, but just a matter of time before I get a charter there. Would be nice to get the low down on where to go. I always have fun in Dubai. Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Z4M with a blower ='s epic amounts of awesomeness. Welcome to the forum
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks GG...cant waitClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do these fit in the 01/02 M Coupes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tron Click here to enlarge
    They have setups for those as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ANy time bro!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tron Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They have setups for those as well.
    I would love to see pics of that as well. I wonder what the weight differences are between the latest M Coupe and the 1st gen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The Z4M Coupe curb weight is 3230lbs. That is from the owners manual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shipkiller Click here to enlarge
    The Z4M Coupe curb weight is 3230lbs. That is from the owners manual.
    I believe the z3m coupe was 3100lbs. Both are nice cars. What other plans does the OP have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the update on the car? Any pics Click here to enlarge?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the late update......the car won't be ready until the end of this month according to ESS. Roman told me that there was a fitting issue with the intercooler piping. Apparently whoever does the fabrication work for them, didn't get it right Click here to enlarge Hopefully it will be ready by the end of the month and I will post a detailed review. I can't wait, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the update, hopefully it'll be done soon and you can enjoy your car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge