Puerto rico 1/2 mile run
Well Amigos I did my run and believe me it was AWSOME. Here a few notes i came across thru my run:
1) The weather temp was great 70's F but the wind factor was HORRIBLE,here a link to post the weather conditions:
2) Ran the 1/2 first time they say I did 153 mph, no way Jose I saw my ODOMETER say between 120 and 130, I gather they got me confused with either the GTR that ran before me or the Mustang after me, the latter getting 123 LOL he was mad, but I was honest and seeded my numbers
3) I ran with a set of 19" VMR710 wheels with 8.5 front and 10.5 rear, I imagine not good but what the heck, I may plan in using the RFT next time, What do you guys think of it.
4) I Forgot to close my drivers window, Duh!! F'me on this
5) I drove the car with stock intake, my AMSOIL filter was to damn large to fit, next time
6) I drove the car on DS mode(no shifting) and YES I turned OFF the DSC this time
7) We ran agianst the wind so there were various factors involved
a) set of tires
b) My car DOES NOT the have sport supension
8) My second run was 124.65 so bested the first run by by say almost two miles
And the best of all I ran just as good as many PORSCHES not bad for a DIESEl
And yes ther were other RENNtech Mercedes there that ran very well.
My friend Enrique had the latest version of JBD installed the previous nite and he ran I think 130 or 135 but he went later in overboost as he told me and the car could go no more, but he as a better intake and a free flow exhaust, so therefore I guess I did GREAT.
I only did two runs since I wanted to get home. I have a problem with a check Engine light before the start of the race and just before I did the first run the light went OFF F'me WTF is going on. After I left the race and went home I was driving normal and decided to pass a car and the FREAKING thing came back on I firmly believe I have a bad sensor, it usually goes off after a few hours but to my demise it was still ON this morning, Amigos the car is running perfectly EXCEPT that engine light. Will take it to my mech. and scan WTF is wrong. If you guys want to see the run go to www.sneakyclub.com, as of today the have not updated the last event but you can see pics from the previous two events. YOU DONT have to log in to see ok. I hope you guys can get a kick out of this
Amigos i went tinto the website and by my SURPRISE my car and name were not POSTED, Im freaking mad and wrote and email to event coordinator. I will keep you posted ok
Update on the check engine light , it seems that my Flow sensor got discalibrated when I [previously removed it to place the AMSOIL filter and EGR sensor also, we erased the codes and will see if its a defect next time so that I can get it warrantied
Ok amigo they just posted my run and as I knew it when I did my second run I saw on my ODOMETER 130mph, and they told me it was 124.64 I let it be, I recieved a message from the event coordinator with correct trap speed of 129.68 mph. Here is the link ok(sorry its in Spanish)
PARTICIPANTE AUTOMOVIL MILLAJE
AXLE HERNANDEZ - BMW 335D w/RENNtech Tune only - 129.68mph
ENRIQUE DE LA CRUZ BMW - 335I w/JB4 latest Tune+mods - 125.83mph
Not bad at all. I think my 140 estimate posted on another thread wasn't too far off, given the factors. Additionally, you likely lost some speed due to wind conditions and shift patterns (DS is not your best option when looking for the best speed).
I'm fairly certain 140 is achievable, if not beatable, given the right factors.
@m54b25 Gracias for posting correct figures, @Ronin the next run will be summer and this time i will have an AMSOIL air filter and maybe no wind issues, I might crack at 140-145 if best
Tags for this Thread