Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    595
    Rep Points
    806.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    BMW M3 DTM revealed in Castrol EDGE livery

    The mean, green racing machine

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    We've already seen the BMW M3 DTM in matte black and M Performance livery, but here's our first look at the model in Castrol EDGE guise.

    Recently unveiled in Munich, the vehicle is one of six M3s that will compete in the 2012 DTM Series. It is powered by an "air restricted" V8 engine which develops approximately 480 PS (353 kW / 473 bhp). This will enable the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in roughly three seconds, before hitting a top speed of approximately 300 km/h (186 mph).
    In a statement, BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt said "For many years we have put our faith in high-performance Castrol lubricants, and have celebrated countless successes together on the racetrack. For that reason, everyone here at BMW Motorsport is delighted that we are able to build on this established partnership in the DTM. Castrol EDGE and Aral Ultimate are high-performance brands, which suit our DTM project perfectly."


    Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11201304...#ixzz1kyEwQvLK

    Click here to enlarge

    /
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    The first of six BMW DTM M3 race cars revealed - Castrol Edge BMW M3 DTM

    There will be a total of six M3's racing in DTM next season against Audi and Mercedes. Here is the first one revealed wearing a Castrol Edge and Aral livery. Since 2005 DTM cars have been using Aral Ultimate high-performance racing fuel in case you were wondering. The looks hot and we are sufficiently teased already, bring on the 2012 DTM season. Knowing BMW though and how aggressive they are being with DTM, we are probably going to get each car one by one .

    “The DTM is one of the most spectacular racing series worldwide and pushes the drivers, teams and cars to the very limit. It is because of these high-performance demands that we research and develop our products through the extremes of motorsport,” said Castrol’s Michael Hansen.


    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks awesome! Gonna buy my tickets for the season start in Hockenheim soon Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -168.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    looks really mean!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Wonder how much power it can make without the restrictors...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    still uses S65?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    still uses S65?
    It uses a 4.0 liter V8 but not the S65.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    538
    Rep Points
    1,302.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    I hope they get the $#@! kicked out of them like in F1 so they can run back with their tail between their legs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I hope they get the $#@! kicked out of them like in F1 so they can run back with their tail between their legs.
    I think BMW is setting up to dominate. They have an all-star driver lineup and took the best from the competition. They are the favorite IMO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,245
    Rep Points
    6,792.3
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I hope they get the $#@! kicked out of them like in F1 so they can run back with their tail between their legs.
    This is a very strange response. Yes, BMW Sauber had a bad chassis in 2009. They could not get KERS to fir in the car properly and that crippled them throughout the season.
    Also due to the recession in Germany and the company's frustration about the limitations of the contemporary technical regulations in developing technology relevant to road cars, BMW chose to withdraw from Formula one.
    One bad year does not mean they had the $#@! kicked out of them... F1 is very expensive, and manufacturers are in it to make money, eather in advertising, brand exposure or R&D spin offs. If that does not work and economics are against, sometimes it is best to pull a plug. Especcialy if the German public's opinion is you're waisting your money. Which was the case then, as there was talk of closing down factories for days to slow production and keep erverybody employed.
    Fortunately the German governement stepped up and subsidized car purchase in 2009, which helped BMW a lot.

    I certainly am looking forward to this year's DTM races.
    Heck, maybe I will go to the Zandvoort DTM race now BMW is in it again. See if I can arrange some VIP cards Click here to enlarge
    Just Audi and Mercedes was getting a bit boring.
    BMW also shuffled the drivers a bit.
    Bring it on!
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    I believe this engine is a 4.4 liter, I could be wrong someone please find out and confirm?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -168.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I believe this engine is a 4.4 liter, I could be wrong someone please find out and confirm?
    M3 DTM and GT2 both have the very same engine which is a 4.0 liter with no name code. the S65B44 you mentioned is replacement for the S65B40 which was available for Z4 GT3.

    OT, does anyone know the specs of these S65's in Z4 GT3's? They have the biggest cam's in BMW V8's as i heard.

    Edit: M3 GT2's engine is called P60B40 Evo.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Edit: M3 GT2's engine is called P60B40 Evo.
    Yes, it's a bit different from the S65.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Why did BMW not go to 4.4? Is it a rule that they must have stock displacements?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Why did BMW not go to 4.4? Is it a rule that they must have stock displacements?
    The rule is cars are capped at 4.0 liters I believe.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The rule is cars are capped at 4.0 liters I believe.
    Yes, all cars in DTM are 4.0L, that is the maximum displacement.

    This car has zero to do with a road going M3.

    It is a carbonfiber monocoque chassis. The same monocoque is shared with Audi and Mercedes. The wheelbases on all the cars are the same, they all share the same engine subframe and the same transmission. This is to keep costs down, one of the only reasons BMW agreed to join DTM.

    This is a spec racing series, where the cars are one-off. They basically have nothing to do with their road going counterparts.

    Only true difference between the different makes is the body and aero packages.



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Yes, all cars in DTM are 4.0L, that is the maximum displacement.

    This car has zero to do with a road going M3.

    It is a carbonfiber monocoque chassis. The same monocoque is shared with Audi and Mercedes. The wheelbases on all the cars are the same, they all share the same engine subframe and the same transmission. This is to keep costs down, one of the only reasons BMW agreed to join DTM.

    This is a spec racing series, where the cars are one-off. They basically have nothing to do with their road going counterparts.

    Only true difference between the different makes is the body and aero packages.

    Is this how the rules always were? How have they changed over the years?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Yes, all cars in DTM are 4.0L, that is the maximum displacement.

    This car has zero to do with a road going M3.
    Come on, that is a pretty nice coincidence though...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Is this how the rules always were? How have they changed over the years?
    This is not how they always were. DTM used to really reflect street cars.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    538
    Rep Points
    1,302.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    This is a very strange response. Yes, BMW Sauber had a bad chassis in 2009. They could not get KERS to fir in the car properly and that crippled them throughout the season.
    Also due to the recession in Germany and the company's frustration about the limitations of the contemporary technical regulations in developing technology relevant to road cars, BMW chose to withdraw from Formula one.
    One bad year does not mean they had the $#@! kicked out of them... F1 is very expensive, and manufacturers are in it to make money, eather in advertising, brand exposure or R&D spin offs. If that does not work and economics are against, sometimes it is best to pull a plug. Especcialy if the German public's opinion is you're waisting your money. Which was the case then, as there was talk of closing down factories for days to slow production and keep erverybody employed.
    Fortunately the German governement stepped up and subsidized car purchase in 2009, which helped BMW a lot.!
    There's absolutely nothing strange about my comment. They have a very successful season in 2008. Then they drop the ball big time the next year. Nope no time to redeem ourselves let's just announce in the middle of the season that we're quitting and the team is up for sale. They didn't even have the decency to tell their drivers in a phone call prior to talking to the media. They found out on their own through internet news sites.

    See they are a corporation and a big one at that. They think like a corporation, they don't care about anything except sales and money. They don't care about racing pedigree that is offered by the top racing sport in the world. Corporations is what ruins F1, they buy up the privateer teams and then they GTFO of Dodge when the $#@! hits the fan.

    Here's my F1 $#@! list:

    Ford
    BMW
    Toyota
    Renault
    Honda (although they still funded the Brawn GP team)

    Some $#@! in BMW decided to say "ok enough with F1, not enough return screw it". And then a bunch of drivers and team personnel lost their jobs. And that guy didn't feel bad the next day one bit.
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Then they drop the ball big time the next year. Nope no time to redeem ourselves let's just announce in the middle of the season that we're quitting and the team is up for sale. They didn't even have the decency to tell their drivers in a phone call prior to talking to the media. They found out on their own through internet news sites.
    Sounds like BMW.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    They think like a corporation, they don't care about anything except sales and money.
    They don't even care about their own history or pedigree any longer...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,280
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    well BMW has forgotten their pedigree pretty much, started with the 1M Coupe, and now with the X5M, X6M, and then the F10 M5... all turbo engines... in an ///M. I would like to see them dominate though with these cars
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -168.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Renault in $#@! list? Come on. Saw how first RBR cars were? They had Renault engines.
    Renault in on top with Ferrari and McLaren. No doubt in that.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    538
    Rep Points
    1,302.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Renault in $#@! list? Come on. Saw how first RBR cars were? They had Renault engines.
    Renault in on top with Ferrari and McLaren. No doubt in that.
    Cheating and then folding and running away as well.
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -168.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Cheating and then folding and running away as well.
    Everyone cheat in F1. The biggest cheater is Ron Dennis in McLaren. Ferrari also ain't an honest rival for others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •