Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Ron Paul Allows Soldier to Speak After Being Cut off By CNN

No wonder i was getting so many flash emails about soldiers not being allowed to speak and participate while in uniform lately Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They want to silence the people who agree with Ron Paul's ideals.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, we are not allowed to participate in political events while in uniform, but cnn cutting him off was BS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    They want to silence the people who agree with Ron Paul's ideals.
    They can try

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    well, we are not allowed to participate in political events while in uniform, but cnn cutting him off was BS
    +1 It could be represented that because that 1 soldier in uniform supports Dr. Paul, then it must mean everyone in uniform supports him. This is entirely false (although Dr. Paul has more support from Active and Retired Military than any other candidate). There is nothing wrong with him supporting Dr. Paul, but do it 'OUT' of uniform. If he wants to state he's in the military while up on stage, he can do that, but not while in uniform.
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He sounds a little self centered when he speaks though.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    If he wants to state he's in the military while up on stage, he can do that, but not while in uniform
    Why not? Not everyone in uniform thinks the same way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not? Not everyone in uniform thinks the same way.
    Be that as it may... We all know that the common people (not the smart ones) will think that because this one soldier supports Ron Paul, All Soldier Support Ron Paul...

Every since I joined (back in '98) we have always been told you can participate in political events, but NOT in uniform... I hope his chain of command disciplined him either with a counseling statement or worst case, Article 15...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im sure something is goin down, ive gotten AKO messages all week about the policy. I rock the ron paul tshirt everywhere i go that i know is gonna have liberals i large numbers. I get dirty lokks, but I really want some one to confront me, but the ball-less people never will

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Be that as it may... We all know that the common people (not the smart ones) will think that because this one soldier supports Ron Paul, All Soldier Support Ron Paul...
    The common people should just be accepted as stupid then.

One white/black person commits a crime that means all white/black people commit crimes?

I think you earn the right to say what you want when you actually put your life on the line for the country. The first amendment doesn't have a dress code.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seriously, neg repped for stating regulation (Army Regulation), Regulation that has been in place since 1992...

And I quote from AR 670-1:
    h. The wear of Army uniforms is prohibited—
    (1) In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment. Army Reserve technicians who are also members of the Ready Reserve may wear the Army uniform at their option while on duty in their civil service status.
    (2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.

Now if his chain of command authorized him to wear it (which I doubt) then he isn't to blame.

I'm not against Ron Paul, i'm against soldiers who are told a regulation and break it. I have my RP magnetic sticker on my X5, and that's my choice, but he went beyond that, he showed up at a Public Event In uniform, that is a big "No No"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    (1) In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment. Army Reserve technicians who are also members of the Ready Reserve may wear the Army uniform at their option while on duty in their civil service status.
    (2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.
    That sucks, big time. Seems like it directly contradicts the First Amendment. I don't get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    military is not a democracy, its a dictatorship.. why do you think most of us are so adamant about our freedoms.. we know what its like to have and lose them..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    military is not a democracy, its a dictatorship.. why do you think most of us are so adamant about our freedoms.. we know what its like to have and lose them..
    So... you enlist and lose your rights just like that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Technically yes. They have your balls for 4 years, they can send you wherever, and dictate your time off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Technically yes. They have your balls for 4 years, they can send you wherever, and dictate your time off.
    Oh gee, where do I sign?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dont get us wrong though, we choose this lifestyle (volunteered)... For some its the only way to survive, to others it's a way of life... I'm not complaining, 14 years of this and it's had its up and downs, but in the end I am proud to serve my country (not so proud of those who are leading it).

And hell, where else do I get paid close to 40k a year (not counting my housing allowance, subsistance or COLA), get paid to work out and stay in shape, and pay only 15% in taxes (although I think military shouldn't pay anything in taxes) since they get paid so little to begin with... E1-E4 makes between $17k and $24k a year and caps at $28k (for E4's).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    $17-$24k to take orders... no thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not everything is about $..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not everything is about $..
    True, just almost everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's funny is if the military said to me. "We won't pay you, but we'll provide a house for you and your family to live in, and we'll provide food for them and whatever car you want, we'll pay for." I'd still sign on the dotted line every 6 years... But instead, they give a paycheck... THe money is nice (specially if your AGR), but the sense of accomplishment, getting the mission done, helping my fellow soldiers, that's what does it for me...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but the sense of accomplishment, getting the mission done, helping my fellow soldiers, that's what does it for me...
    Understandable and admirable. I'm more selfish.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, i wouldnt go that far.. i wanna get paid for what I do. but I CONTINUE to do it for the reasons above

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, that definitely wasn't sanctioned. He shouldn't even be at the event in uniform, let alone speaking. That was BS though, good on Ron for letting him finish.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Yup, liberty is a privilege, leave is not. Though your command decides when you can take it. They also control what you wear, civilian clothing (liberty wear) is actually a privilege. It is already restricted in many positions, especially for officers (though not much in most situations).
    Not all of your rights. You don't technically lose any actually. A few are just modified, some more significantly than others. You don't have complete free speech, especially while in uniform. Some of us are more limited than others...

“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.” - Article 88 UCMJ
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Not all of your rights. You don't technically lose any actually. A few are just modified, some more significantly than others. You don't have complete free speech, especially while in uniform. Some of us are more limited than others...
    I don't believe in modifying rights. Either you have them or you do not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast