Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Reporter Issued Parking Ticket While on Air

They are desperate for cash, kind of funny:

Santa Monica really is like this though... I fear parking anywhere in the city. In the traffic officers defense, they didn't pay for parking, having the money in the van is not the same as having paid. I wonder why reporters think they are special?

The station's energetic Gayle Anderson was conducting an interview about "Best Road Trip Cars" in a beach parking lot when she casually worked in a line about receiving a citation as a cameraman panned to an officer writing ticket. "And after you pay your Santa Monica parking ticket, where do you go in this Porsche Panamera?" she asked. "We've paid for parking, I have receipts, but that's okay, we'll figure it out, friendly Santa Monica," Anderson snarked.

Sergeant Jay Trisler, however, says the story actually goes like this: the parking manager for the lot called police after payment wasn't received for several vehicles that had entered. Apparently at 7:40 a.m., the attendant's supervisor asked that the parking spots be paid for -- in response, the news crew said it would be paid by 9 a.m. But at 8:50 a.m., the news crew ignored the attendant when he returned for payment.

An officer that was called to the lot approached a KTLA representative about seeing receipt and permits for the spaces. "The representative walked away and did not come back," said Trisler, who explained that four tickets written around 9:20 a.m. "Although the news reporter stated on the live television broadcast that they had paid for the parking spaces at the time the officer was issuing the citations, the news crew actually paid for the parking spaces at 9:40 a.m., after the citations were issued."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

She should be fired for outright lying.. geta petition started..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder when she said "it's in the van" if she was talking about the money or the parking passes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    I wonder when she said "it's in the van" if she was talking about the money or the parking passes.
    Trying to make it seem like she did nothing wrong. She deserved the tickets and should not have lied.