Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

This is great news! if only it would stop snowing !!! Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    This map will run without issues on race gas and NO meth. I'm personally only using meth to raise octane and be safe. I'm not sure how you can say in one post that cobb doesn't touch bmw tables and then in this post contradict and say they do revise the AFR table. Is AFR table not a table? Click here to enlarge Alas...

I think, and obviously this is a guess as only Cobb would know at this point, the way to adjust fueling on this DME is to program AFR targets for load and let the DME worry about fuel pressure and IPWs. Why would you need to touch anything IPW related if we can assume that the DME has full control over it and will do calculations based on load to hit the desired AFR target...if you were to go with aftermarket fuel injectors or any component of the fuel system then I do see that being a potential thing to work out but given the fuel system is 100% stock the DME should be able to calculate the appropriate parameters to meet various targets under load and properly fuel this engine without unnecessarily large fuel pressures, in other words, using the most optimum configuration for a given target/load...

thanks for dropping the speculations on single turbo tuning as i have just as many even more legitimate ones when a piggyback is used...
    You’re right this is why there are no issues. I stated “apart from AFR”. Changing an AFR value is much different then changing IPW. With AFR you are telling the DME your desired target and it calculates what’s needed. With IPW you are directly changing the fuel volume. You increase VE, load increases… in your case VE is much higher than stock turbos. So the DME load is lower than actual, since the DME is basing everything off stock hardware. I haven’t ever watched LTFT, but this may account for much of the differences also, so not a huge need to change anything from the stock tables… until we start getting wild with hardware.

Actually IPW may not ever need to be altered, BUT instead adjust the MAF or related tables… much easier I would think.

I’d love to see high boost STFT with no meth.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mine stay under 8 when running 18psi peak....
    You are in over your head and google won't save you here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Actually IPW may not ever need to be altered, BUT instead adjust the MAF or related tables… much easier I would think.
    and that's exactly what has been adjusted/fixed here, except its not a table, its in the DME's operating system code related to fuel control, call it a fuel control routine...stock fuel control logic calculates MAF and clamps it at a certain high value as higher is simply not doable with stock turbos...once you've taken care of that part, well, you've opened it up for more fuel

let's not be stuck on something that quite possibly doesn't need to be adjusted manually (such as IPW tables/calculations) at this time and take this one step at a time...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Josh not sure if this helps, but my STFT are around +15 on stage 2 aggressive which is on pump only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Mine stay under 8 when running 18psi peak....
    You are in over your head and google won't save you here.
    I concur, this is how I learn Click here to enlarge Just saying, Cobb hasn't changed much except for boost and timing. And altering or removing some of the road blocks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Cobb hasn't changed much except for boost and timing. And altering or removing some of the road blocks.
    is that what we value in the end? that they changed much? Click here to enlarge no one knows that and there's no point in arguing over such statements really...when you have access to the DME you really shouldn't need to change "much" if its already a boosted platform...

by the way, ATP (AccessTunerPro) is already in BETA and has been released to some tuner shops to start playing with it and gather feedback Click here to enlarge

once ATR is here I'm sure both you and I Josh will have many questions answered...until then let's try to stay away from assumptions where we can

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Going to wait and see what happens here, I may have to get myself a Cobb tune.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I concur, this is how I learn Click here to enlarge Just saying, Cobb hasn't changed much except for boost and timing. And altering or removing some of the road blocks.

Google is not going to replace experience though, what you speak of does not even make sense in regards to fueling. Maybe to just sit back and see how it plays out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    Going to wait and see what happens here, I may have to get myself a Cobb tune.
    I've made up my mind already, but gonna wait 'til some warmer weather to switch over. HFS3 might also be on the shopping list if they put out meth maps with that hardware.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    I've made up my mind already, but gonna wait 'til some warmer weather to switch over. HFS3 might also be on the shopping list if they put out meth maps with that hardware.
    Why bother, I'm running these "race" maps intended for meth/race with my basic PPS kit without any issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

me too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Sounds like good info on the flash side. Just keep in mind what you guys do on the flash end doesn't necessary have much to do with what we do on the piggyback end. There are two basic problems with the fueling at the moment. IPW limits and fuel pump limits/pressure dropping. On the piggyback end we've hacked around the IPW limit by telling the DME it's running much less fuel pressure than it actually is. In some cases maybe only 25% of what it's actually running. This allows sufficent IPW to hit the desired AFR target (with a side effect of higher overall pressure) but now we're stuck at the fuel pressure dropping issue in the 500rw+ range. We've found you can mask that issue a bit with a boost-a-pump on the LPFP but all in all we're sort of stuck at that point.

Now it's possible using flash mapping with lower fuel pressure vs. much higher pressure the pump system will support a higher volume, and we won't see that fuel pressure drop until higher power levels. I hope so. Dzenno time to hit up the dyno and shoot for 530rw? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

dzenno,

How stable are the latest Cobb maps for upgraded turbos with the fueling solved ? Can they be used daily with no headaches (supposing the all the injectors are coded right and no misfires) ? I am wondering if now it's the time to pull the trigger on upgraded turbos (I do not want to run any piggybacks) or maybe I should wait like a year or so until the maps are stable ?

Thanks !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Why bother, I'm running these "race" maps intended for meth/race with my basic PPS kit without any issue.
    I realize you, clap, and dzenno have been running the pps meth kits without issue, but why do you think cobb went with the HFS-3? Must be a reason

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    why do you think cobb went with the HFS-3? Must be a reason
    Wow, didn't know this, I have a HFS-3 Click here to enlarge I suppose there is no way around buying a Cobb. I must admit the HFS-3 has never ever failed on me. It always works, just like the OEM stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

It provides better atomization and the components themselves are far more reliable and in the grand scheme of things, is the better kit. It's a case of, you get what you pay for. For us, the cheap solutions work perfectly fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Very interesting

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can i be the first to say, in this thread, that Rob@cobb is the shat!

Good post @dzenno Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dzenno strikes again!!!...Thanks for sharing the great new updates regarding Cobb..mainly that ATP is being distributed and regarding fuel!! Click here to enlarge

Also heard you got your misfires solved with the injector coding so that's nice...

Suscribed..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    It provides better atomization and the components themselves are far more reliable and in the grand scheme of things, is the better kit. It's a case of, you get what you pay for. For us, the cheap solutions work perfectly fine.
    I just switched over to a Cobb from JB4...Haven't had much time to drive and log yet but really enjoying the boost onset/power delivery of Cobb..

Anyways themyst had a question for you..I plan to get some type on Meth kit soon and I'm on a tight budget with everything else im doing on the car..what would be my cheaper better options to integrate meth right now..

Sorry for thread derail

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    I made up my mind awhile ago! Just waiting for the ATR and meth integration to come through, for which I knew it was coming sooner or later! Money and time already put away for this upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    I just switched over to a Cobb from JB4...Haven't had much time to drive and log yet but really enjoying the boost onset/power delivery of Cobb..

Anyways themyst had a question for you..I plan to get some type on Meth kit soon and I'm on a tight budget with everything else im doing on the car..what would be my cheaper better options to integrate meth right now..

Sorry for thread derail
    For something simple, BMS flash meth kit and buy a boost bypass solenoid and safeinjection from snowperformance. Safeinjection is 160 from Snow and boost bypass solenoid is 60.

Or you can piece together a basic meth kit from DevilsOwn or coolingmist for a little cheaper but the install will be slightly harder.

DO NOT BUY USED METH KITS! They are not worth the headache trust me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    I made up my mind awhile ago! Just waiting for the ATR and meth integration to come through, for which I knew it was coming sooner or later! Money and time already put away for this upgrade.
    I seriously doubt meth integration is coming anytime soon if at all. Seriously, the flow sensor itself is the most common point of failure anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might have to switch from JB4 once I come back.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast