Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Then that's their problem. Caveat emptor.
    it's not the dealers responsibility to check if every M3 that makes it through to see if it was supercharged or not. That would take a long time. BMW has standards by which they check their engines, albiet maybe not the most detailed. So it is easy to circumvent those methods, and at that point the dealer cannot be held accountable if their check came out 'ok'. If the dealer did not know or did not discover any pre-emptive failure that the previous owner did in fact know about, then the dealer has the right to go after the original owner for damages if the dealer suspects the original owner of tampering with the car.

But, I doubt the dealer will go after their former customer on these types of terms. Most likely, the new owner will complain that something is wrong, dealer will either blame the customer for misuse or just replace the engine under warranty. Dealerships arent god, they can only do so much, thats why the buyer has to do his research before buying ANY car; and this video is just proof of that.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    note to self- dont buy from LZH, he is likely to sell me a motor that will only last a few more miles..
    That's not what I said. I would never sell a car with a major issue a private party and not disclose it. I'd have no problem trading it in at a dealership though. They $#@! people over all the time and if they don't do their diligence when buying a used/modded car...that's their fault.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's not what I said. I would never sell a car with a major issue directly to someone else. I'd have no problem trading it in at a dealership though. They $#@! people over all the time and if they don't do their diligence when buying a used/modded car...that's their fault.
    which is passed to the next owner.. no different than above or selling directly to a buyer. just becaue you HOPE a dealer does extensive research, doesnt nullify your ethical and morl responsability

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's not what I said. I would never sell a car with a major issue a private party and not disclose it. I'd have no problem trading it in at a dealership though. They $#@! people over all the time and if they don't do their diligence when buying a used/modded car...that's their fault.
    No doubt they $#@! people over. If I could burn down my dealership I would. But that doesnt make it right to totally $#@! up a car and then trade it in and say screw the next guy. What if that next guy is your friend and he bought the car and you only found out later?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    which is passed to the next owner.. no different than above or selling directly to a buyer. just becaue you HOPE a dealer does extensive research, doesnt nullify your ethical and morl responsability
    I think any tech would be able to diagnose rod knock - that doesn't take any extensive research and neither does a compression test or leak down all of which are done in a PPI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    watched this a couple times, knowing both those guys personally it seems like zim is $#@!ing with izzy and making a joke of a video without izzy knowing lol

my car N/A sounds the same way under WOT at very low rpms, all you year is the intake sucking
    Doesn't sound like a joke to me. Sounds more like, hear that, the car is $#@!ed and time to trade it in before things go bad and that sucks for the next guy but oh well who cares.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it were any one single detail, I would agree. But if you connect the dots and follow the chain of events, OPs point is valid and reasoning is very clear. The "knee-jerk" reaction to taking down the video in attempt to cover it also adds validity to the shady practice. I dunno man, I was actually all set on a 575 kit, but not now. Honesty is a HUGE part of getting my business. Id prefer mistakes and answered questions over promulgating false notions of superiority and an infallible product.Just because some skeletons are buried deeper, doesn't mean they don't exist
    Exactly, why take it down instantly if there was nothing to hide?

Also, didn't this happen after going to the track and something went wrong?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this video proves absolutely nothing. Whatever sound they are listening for is barely audible in the video and you have no way of knowing what it is or could be. As far as his comments about trading the car in...I see nothing wrong with that at all. Now, if he had said, "You're selling it to that stupid kid who bought it off eBay" then that would be a different story. If he's "trading it in", then it's the dealerships responsibility to check it out before they take it in on trade.
    Net net - this video proves nothing but a couple tools driving...one of which isn't watching the road LOL. I thought that was the funniest part of the video.
    It isn't about the noise but more about the character of the individuals involved who have been slamming every other supercharger maker for the M3 acting like their kit is better. Funny how in reality it seems something "happened" with this kit and then he traded it in...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow - who is even that $#@!ing stupid to post a video like that on Youtube - dont even get why it was recorded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaypod Click here to enlarge
    Wow - who is even that $#@!ing stupid to post a video like that on Youtube - dont even get why it was recorded.
    I don't get it either, stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't get it either, stupid.
    Nice status....$#@!ers!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We have an S65 in for stroker build. Just got it apart today...and the bearings are ugly. Pics soon. Car was stock and driven reasonably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    indeed we are interested now..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    We have an S65 in for stroker build. Just got it apart today...and the bearings are ugly. Pics soon. Car was stock and driven reasonably.
    #5 or all of them ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    #5 or all of them ?
    All. #1 was the worst.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All. #1 was the worst.
    wow. I'm beginning to think there must be some sort of restriction in the oiling system passages or maybe they're just not adequate. This motor really sounds like a piece of $#@! Click here to enlarge
    Look forward to the photos.
    Do you know what the rod bearings are made of ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More fuel to the fire. Looking forward to seeing these bearings as well as what you guys think about them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL at the vid.

Mike@Vac Looking forward to the stroker. Please tell us VAC is planning to release better bearings and sort the issues out on this motor soon.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by [SIZE=1
    Roman@ESS[/SIZE]]...the information I share is intended for the public so they can be educated on these topics. What this motor can and cannot handle when it comes to tuning and forced induction I feel deserves to be discussed openly as it effects all tuners. This thread started to develop a theam based on the belief that this motor cannot handle higher RPM's with boost and I felt that posting our findings thru long-term R&D and our knowledge of supercharging this motor can prove otherwise.
    ::COUGH:: -BULL$#@!- ::COUGH::

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ::COUGH:: -BULL$#@!- ::COUGH::
    He doesn't really say much of anything in that post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i edited some other stuff out that didnt really apply. i just thought that comment was straigh BS considering how quickly he got this thread pulled

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i edited some other stuff out that didnt really apply. i just thought that comment was straigh BS considering how quickly he got this thread pulled
    Do you know it was him that got it pulled?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    obviously i cant prove it, but why pull it in the heat of all the s/c fueding..? it had the most vocal "technical" people already commenting on how $#@!ed up it is and theories..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    obviously i cant prove it, but why pull it in the heat of all the s/c fueding..? it had the most vocal "technical" people already commenting on how $#@!ed up it is and theories..
    The fact it was pulled as fast as it was shows something is up and somebody is trying to alter perception. Whether it was Roman or somebody else, someone in the ESS fan club clearly said something and said it fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mike@VAC's response moved to a new thread: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...hotos-from-VAC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast