Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

supercharged M's. Failing motors, and Dishonesty!?

So I was going through a youtube search for ESS 625 supercharged M3's. I came across a video of one losing to another turbo car, dont recall exactly what that one was. But I noticed another video the same user had posted. Since I was searching for performance and reliabilty reasons, this is of special note to me, and anyone that believes any supercharging kit is beyond issues. What you see here is a driver concerned with a sound his car was making. It sounds very much like the same sound some are claiming is a bearing issue.

What is even more concerning is the dialogue between driver and passenger. Toward the end of the video the passenger states "what do you care, your trading the car in" which in and of itself is despicble thought process. It certainly warrants concern to this persons (passenger) morals and ethics. I would go as far as to say this person has ZERO credibility if they are ok with doing such things. Makes me wonder what else they OMIT (most consider omission is a form of lying) or blatantly lie about.

So very intrigued by this I then do some more research on this specific car. I come to find out that this car has been a "posterboy" and very outspoken source of information about this ESS 625 kit and its capabilities. It was also learned that less than 3 weeks prior to this video, the car was drag raced very hard against other cars. *Of note, it did not perform very well against its competitors, in fact, was outgunned by lesser kits. One could question was this because the motor was already failing? Could be.

Research shows that prior to that dragrace day, the owner (driver in video) decided to move up to a stage 3 kit. Certainly the proper way to go if one wants more power from their vehicle.

What is so very odd is that sometime shortly after the race day, the owner then decides to sell, or rather trade the car in. He states that this is because DCT is better. But true Manual drivers would not sacrifice the driving connection of manual Vs auto-manual. Certaintly not go as afar as trading in such a wildly modified car to do so.

SO it begs the question, was this car being traded in because it was about to fail? Did the owner realize that he was on borrowed time? That it was cheaper and more effective to trade in a car about to fail than build the motor to stage 3 specifications? I believe so.

The comments by the passenger are what are the most alarming though. He says with almost certain conviction that this motor is about to let go. That it is going to fail on the next owner, and before he can even get a chance to modify it. (most of us dont wait long to modify, at least in some way. SO exactly how long does the passenger think this motor has? a few days, a few weeks at most?) The warranty has already been voided because of software so the new owner will have no coverage when their new vehicle is not as new as they thought and has MAJOR issues..

I tried searching for the VIN # to attach to ensure noone jumps into a car that is about to fail, but the search proved unsuccessful.

Digging even further into this niche has shown that a rumor of ESS and Non-Disclosure agreements is very probable. It has been suggested that this is not neccessary on the lower ESS kits, but a REQUIREMENT on 625 and above.

In conclusion, an NDA combined with the shown disregard of morals and ethics of 2 customers of ESS, as well as the backing and support said customers recieve from ESS due to their vocal qualities, would make me or any sane person start to question the statements and testimonials of those people, and company. I would start to question the validity of any of the data those 3 entities have shown.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Here we go...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

oh snap!
    Zimm/izzy WTF?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    oh snap!
    Zimm/izzy WTF?
    Regardless of what anyone thinks at least this shows these are people interested in themselves above all else. So, why would anyone trust them or what they say?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I see m3post already deleted this thread over there. D bags
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    yea, just saw that too. the people involved are members here though, @M33 @img
    ive met them on a few occasions. Im curious what the story is now though on the previous motor. A failing motor is a bit much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Just reinforces why we exist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Video doesn't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Video doesn't work.
    It was removed but I saved it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Video doesn't work.
    thats not a good thing. secrecy is no good once already accused

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'm surprised it was taken down so fast, how did that happen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Well, wish I could say I was surprised it was removed by members who wish to "share" all their details but fortunately I saved it Click here to enlarge OP edited with new link.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MissMazda Click here to enlarge

Digging even further into this niche has shown that a rumor of ESS and Non-Disclosure agreements is very probable. It has been suggested that this is not neccessary on the lower ESS kits, but a REQUIREMENT on 625 and above.
    I just purchased a VT2-625 and no agreement was made (nor was I approached to make one) - I'm not sure where you get that information from but its incorrect at least from my personal experience.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    I just purchased a VT2-625 and no agreement was made (nor was I approached to make one) - I'm not sure where you get that information from but its incorrect at least from my personal experience.
    I do not believe it applies to everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

So I was going through a youtube search for ESS 625 supercharged M3's. I came across a video of one losing to another turbo car, dont recall exactly what that one was. But I noticed another video the same user had posted. Since I was searching for performance and reliabilty reasons, this is of special note to me, and anyone that believes any supercharging kit is beyond issues. What you see here is a driver concerned with a sound his car was making. It sounds very much like the same sound some are claiming is a bearing issue.

What is even more concerning is the dialogue between driver and passenger. Toward the end of the video the passenger states "what do you care, your trading the car in" which in and of itself is despicble thought process. It certainly warrants concern to this persons (passenger) morals and ethics. I would go as far as to say this person has ZERO credibility if they are ok with doing such things. Makes me wonder what else they OMIT (most consider omission is a form of lying) or blatantly lie about.

So very intrigued by this I then do some more research on this specific car. I come to find out that this car has been a "posterboy" and very outspoken source of information about this ESS 625 kit and its capabilities. It was also learned that less than 3 weeks prior to this video, the car was drag raced very hard against other cars. *Of note, it did not perform very well against its competitors, in fact, was outgunned by lesser kits. One could question was this because the motor was already failing? Could be.

Research shows that prior to that dragrace day, the owner (driver in video) decided to move up to a stage 3 kit. Certainly the proper way to go if one wants more power from their vehicle.

What is so very odd is that sometime shortly after the race day, the owner then decides to sell, or rather trade the car in. He states that this is because DCT is better. But true Manual drivers would not sacrifice the driving connection of manual Vs auto-manual. Certaintly not go as afar as trading in such a wildly modified car to do so.

SO it begs the question, was this car being traded in because it was about to fail? Did the owner realize that he was on borrowed time? That it was cheaper and more effective to trade in a car about to fail than build the motor to stage 3 specifications? I believe so.

The comments by the passenger are what are the most alarming though. He says with almost certain conviction that this motor is about to let go. That it is going to fail on the next owner, and before he can even get a chance to modify it. (most of us dont wait long to modify, at least in some way. SO exactly how long does the passenger think this motor has? a few days, a few weeks at most?) The warranty has already been voided because of software so the new owner will have no coverage when their new vehicle is not as new as they thought and has MAJOR issues..

I tried searching for the VIN # to attach to ensure noone jumps into a car that is about to fail, but the search proved unsuccessful.

In conclusion, an NDA combined with the shown disregard of morals and ethics of 2 customers of ESS, as well as the backing and support said customers recieve from ESS due to their vocal qualities, would make me or any sane person start to question the statements and testimonials of those people, and company. I would start to question the validity of any of the data those 3 entities have shown.

http://youtu.be/hh20Oc3Bclw
    Wow thats crazy what Izzy said. At least Zim cared about the next owner a little bit. Wonder what else Ess is hiding.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

wow...not sure how i would react to that....welp...LM i know what kit your NOT getting...you werent getting it anyway though..this just reaffirms it...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Thats pretty low.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The market for these higher cost cars is so dramatic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

watched this a couple times, knowing both those guys personally it seems like zim is $#@!ing with izzy and making a joke of a video without izzy knowing lol

my car N/A sounds the same way under WOT at very low rpms, all you year is the intake sucking

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If it were any one single detail, I would agree. But if you connect the dots and follow the chain of events, OPs point is valid and reasoning is very clear. The "knee-jerk" reaction to taking down the video in attempt to cover it also adds validity to the shady practice. I dunno man, I was actually all set on a 575 kit, but not now. Honesty is a HUGE part of getting my business. Id prefer mistakes and answered questions over promulgating false notions of superiority and an infallible product.Just because some skeletons are buried deeper, doesn't mean they don't exist

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Honesty is a HUGE part of getting my business. Id prefer mistakes and answered questions over promulgating false notions of superiority and an infallible product.Just because some skeletons are buried deeper, doesn't mean they don't exist
    Repped for being an honest person.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

this video proves absolutely nothing. Whatever sound they are listening for is barely audible in the video and you have no way of knowing what it is or could be. As far as his comments about trading the car in...I see nothing wrong with that at all. Now, if he had said, "You're selling it to that stupid kid who bought it off eBay" then that would be a different story. If he's "trading it in", then it's the dealerships responsibility to check it out before they take it in on trade.
    Net net - this video proves nothing but a couple tools driving...one of which isn't watching the road LOL. I thought that was the funniest part of the video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dealership might not go into such detail as to check the rod bearing surfaces or piston tops for signs of detonation or anything else that a supercharged motor could have experienced. They just plug it into the computer, no codes? No problem!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Dealership might not go into such detail as to check the rod bearing surfaces or piston tops for signs of detonation or anything else that a supercharged motor could have experienced. They just plug it into the computer, no codes? No problem!
    Then that's their problem. Caveat emptor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

note to self- dont buy from LZH, he is likely to sell me a motor that will only last a few more miles..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast